mandaNchris

just want to make sure

6 posts in this topic

I might sound stupid but i just want to be sure. On the form DS-156k it says "the following documents must be attached in order to apply for a fiance nonimmigrant visa" then it lists birth certificate, birth certificate of children listed in number five, police certificates evidence of engagement to your fiance and evidence of financial support. I was just wondering if we have to send in all that stuff right now or do we just bring it to the interview? or do we send in copies and bring the originals to the interview. I dont have a police certificate yet..... Also with the police clearance do i have to go get one from Sarina and Windsor sense i lived in both cities from the age of 16 or does one from Windsor cover all of Canada, so no need for one from Sarina too??

Life is like a roller coaster. Hold on tight and enjoy the ride!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Not stupid and understandable that you want to be sure.

As far as the police check, I went to my local RCMP in Kitchener and got a Canada wide name search. It has been a few years, I know they will give you a form to fill out and as I filled it out they ran the check, I paid my money and they gave me my paper. So no you don't need one from Sarnia as the one you get will cover Canada (unless they have changed it in the last 3 years in which case I am sure someone else will chime in).

Edited by Leafgal

K-1 journey, AOS/EAD and ROC in my timeline

2011 March 31 - Sent off Naturalization pkg overnight to Texas

2011 April 1 - Arrived in Texas at 10:21 am

2011 April 1 - NOA (rec'd via snail mail April 8)

2011 April 7 - Cheque cashed

2011 May 5 - Biometrics (letter rec'd via snail mail April 15)

2011 May 9 - Placed in line for interview scheduling

2011 June 13 - Rec'd yellow letter (no change in status online)

2011 June 23 - Rec'd text that my case has been scheduled for interview

2011 August 1 - Interview (rec'd via snail mail June 27) PASSED

2011 August 3 - Rec'd email that my case has been scheduled for Oath

2011 September 1 - Oath ceremony (rec'd snail mail Aug 5)

2011 September 1 - All done, yeah.

On the form DS-156k it says "the following documents must be attached in order to apply for a fiance nonimmigrant visa"

I was wondering the same thing. Do we send them in or wait to bring them into the interview?

If you find out mandaNchris let me know.. :)

For more information on our journey please see our 'About Me' page on our profile!

Not stupid and understandable that you want to be sure.

As far as the police check, I went to my local RCMP in Kitchener and got a Canada wide name search. It has been a few years, I know they will give you a form to fill out and as I filled it out they ran the check, I paid my money and they gave me my paper. So no you don't need one from Sarnia as the one you get will cover Canada (unless they have changed it in the last 3 years in which case I am sure someone else will chime in).

Thanx thats great to know. I dont travel to Sarnia very often anymore, so it'll be nice not to have to go there.

any idea about weather or not we have to send in all the documents with the packet 3 or just bring them to the interview??? I was thinking from things I read on here before that they wouldnt need to be sent in right now but sense the paper said "the following documents must be sent in" I am slightly confused now. it doesnt take much to confuse me lol

On the form DS-156k it says "the following documents must be attached in order to apply for a fiance nonimmigrant visa"

I was wondering the same thing. Do we send them in or wait to bring them into the interview?

If you find out mandaNchris let me know.. :)

Yes if I find out the answer to this, I will defiantly let you know too :)

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

You do not have to send in your birth certificate or the police search etc. These are required at the interview. Bring the originals and copies.

K-1 Journey

04/30/2009 - I-129F sent to VSC

03/30/2010 - Interview @ MTL APPROVED!

04/13/2010 - POE @ Pearson International

05/23/2010 - WEDDING

AOS Journey

07/20/2010 - AOS/AP/EAD Sent

07/21/2010 - package received at Chicago

07/28/2010 - check cashed

07/30/2010 - received NOA1 in mail

08/01/2010 - received biometrics letter

08/20/2010 - walk in biometrics completed

08/23/2010 - finally entered into USCIS online -AP's touched on Aug11 and EAD and AOS touched on Aug20 08/30/2010 - AOS/EAD touched

09/09/2010 - AP approved (email notice)

09/13/2010 - Received email that EAD was approved on Sept 10

10/04/2010 - Received interview letter in Mail

11/09/2010 - Interview-APPROVED! 112 days

11/09/2010 - Card Production 11/22/2010 - Green Card received

ROC Journey

08/11/2012 - Eligible to file for ROC10/11/2012 - sent in I-751 (late)10/16/2012 - received NOA 11/20/2012 - biometrics

Hi on one of the forms... I cant remember which one right now, It asks for your case number..... Well i was just wondering which one they are asking for. The one we got to start with or the one with MTL on it??? I believe we put the MTL one on the form and I just want to make sure that is right before I send my packet 3 back.

Also thanx for your reply LiLMermaid. :)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.