Larysa

Questions

7 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

Hi all, I'm new to the site and in the beginning stages of the K-1 visa. I have some questions and I have been doing a lot of reading on here and everyone seems to know what they are talking about. :) So here it goes

1)How long should the description of meeting in the past 2 years need or should be?

2) The I-134 document in general, what supporting evidence is needed for my fiance when he goes for his interview? I have to have a co-sponsor so will I only need tax print outs or will I need those as well as bank statements, employer letter. Can anyone give me a description on what they needed to bring for their interview in Dublin?

4) On the I-134, where you mark intend to support, what description needs to be there? Would stating :fully support until employment is obtained be alright?

I'm hoping to get any information into this then what I already have so anything would be appreciated. Thanks so much everyone! :)

"When love is not madness, it is not love" -Pedro Calderon de la Barca

Lucky in Love <3

K-1 Visa

Service Center : California Service Center

I-129F Sent : April 28th 2010

I-129F Received : April 30th 2010

Check cashed and in Initial Review : May 3rd 2010

I-129F NOA1 Hard Copy : May 4th 2010

Touched: May 5th 2010

I-129F RFE(s) : None!

I-129F NOA2 : July 19th 2010

NVC Received : July 23rd 2010

NVC Left : July 26th 2010

Consulate Received : July 29th 2010

Packet 3 Received : July 30th 2010

Packet 3 Sent : August 18th,2010

Medical Exam : August 17th 2010

Packet 4 Received :August 25th 2010

Interview Date : September 21st 2010

Interview Result : APPROVED! ( at 5 months exactly)

Visa Received : October 4th 2010

US Entry : October 18th 2010

Marriage : November 20th 2010

Filed AOS and EAD: December 8th 2010

NOA date for AOS and EAD: December 15th 2010

Biometrics Appointment: January 14th 2010

EAD Approved:February 12 20111

EAD Card Received: February 22 2011

Adjustment of Status Approved: February 17th 2011

Green Card Received: February 24th 2011

Simon Got A Job!!: March 2011

Hi all, I'm new to the site and in the beginning stages of the K-1 visa. I have some questions and I have been doing a lot of reading on here and everyone seems to know what they are talking about. :) So here it goes

1)How long should the description of meeting in the past 2 years need or should be? My personal feeling is 'less is more'. Mine was something like, 'Met online in March of 2004 at rushmessageboard.com; first met in person on Oct 8, 2006 and again on April 1, 2007'.

2) The I-134 document in general, what supporting evidence is needed for my fiance when he goes for his interview? I have to have a co-sponsor so will I only need tax print outs or will I need those as well as bank statements, employer letter. Can anyone give me a description on what they needed to bring for their interview in Dublin? Each consulate requires different supporting documentation with the I 134. The packet of forms they send you should make that clear. But generally, tax returns, employer letter and bank statements are what is requested.

4) On the I-134, where you mark intend to support, what description needs to be there? Would stating :fully support until employment is obtained be alright? This isn't as important of an answer for K1 applicants. But I do think the answer you provided is fine.

I'm hoping to get any information into this then what I already have so anything would be appreciated. Thanks so much everyone! :)

Edited by TracyTN
SA4userbar.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

1)How long should the description of meeting in the past 2 years need or should be? Mine was: "Vanessa and I met in person in October 2008 when Vanessa travelled to the United States and stayed in Houston, Texas with me for sixty-five (65) days before returning to Australia."

2) The I-134 document in general, what supporting evidence is needed for my fiance when he goes for his interview? I have to have a co-sponsor so will I only need tax print outs or will I need those as well as bank statements, employer letter. Can anyone give me a description on what they needed to bring for their interview in Dublin? This is the dublin info on fiance visas: http://dublin.usembassy.gov/fiancees_visas2.html outside of that it is consulate specific. For Australia we just needed bank and employer letter. I know the the UK requires tax returns (from what I've read). If you want to be sure, obtain the last 3 year IRS tax transcripts so you know you have enough info. This is the consulate info from VJ: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/248488-questions/page__gopid__3821157entry3821157 and you can also look at Dublin reviews here: http://www.visajourney.com/reviews/index.php?cnty=Ireland (you'll see the link above the consulate info). Also, if you add Ireland as your country of choice your Portal (found next to the forum link under the VJ header) should have posts made by people also with Irish beneficiaries

What happen to 3?? :D

4) On the I-134, where you mark intend to support, what description needs to be there? Would stating :fully support until employment is obtained be alright? I personally wouldn't write anything including the word "until" as it implies once their employed, no matter the income, they're on their own. We wrote: "I will provide room and board for Vanessa indefinitely. I intend to marry her within 90 days of her arrival to the United States."

Edited by Vanessa&Tony

Timeline

Hi there I was wondering if someone could answers some questions I have about the consulate in Dublin. My boyfriend is an Irish citizen, even though we have yet to file we are getting an idea of whats to come. For the affidavit of support I -134 I will file one for him but so will my parents as co-sponsors for him. What evidence exactly did they need from you to show support? Bank statements, check stubs, tax transcripts, letter from employer...etc Just so we have a general idea. Thanks so much for the help and advice. :)

Any other things to look out for at consulate, just advice in general?

Lucky in Love <3

K-1 Visa

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

Hi there I was wondering if someone could answers some questions I have about the consulate in Dublin. My boyfriend is an Irish citizen, even though we have yet to file we are getting an idea of whats to come. For the affidavit of support I -134 I will file one for him but so will my parents as co-sponsors for him. What evidence exactly did they need from you to show support? Bank statements, check stubs, tax transcripts, letter from employer...etc Just so we have a general idea. Thanks so much for the help and advice. :)

Any other things to look out for at consulate, just advice in general?

The I-134 is not needed until the Consulate stage. A parent, not parents may act as co-sponsor. Read the I-134 instructions regarding supporting documentation.

Your questions indicate you have not yet studied the guides and form instructions. Doing so will be critical to your ultimate success.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Timeline

The I-134 is not needed until the Consulate stage. A parent, not parents may act as co-sponsor. Read the I-134 instructions regarding supporting documentation.

Your questions indicate you have not yet studied the guides and form instructions. Doing so will be critical to your ultimate success.

I have read the form, I do realize the parent not parents. sorry. I have read through all the forms and been to the immigration place but I see many places different things that you need. I was just asking people who have actually been through the Dublin consulate and what was asked of them. There is a lot of information out there and I'm just clarifying in order to be successful in my process.

Lucky in Love <3

K-1 Visa

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

We did the spousal visa, so I cannot help with the I-134, but in general Dublin is very friendly and helpful. They are sticklers for having the forms filled in correctly though, so make sure you double check them, especially the stuff you only submit at the interview.

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.