Approved!!!!!!!

33 posts in this topic

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Other Timeline

Hi Kayla*Mathew,

Congrats on your approval and thanks for sharing about that here on VJ! :thumbs:

Good luck with the rest of your journey and with your upcoming POE!

Welcome to America! :star:

Ant

P.S. Lol..about the wrong street...Glad you got to the right one for the interview, nevertheless!

We got there at around 6:45 this morning and Mathew decided to let me out so he could go park and I could go ahead and get in line. Well that would have worked out, except for the fact that he dropped me off ON THE WRONG STREET!!! There`s 2 Canada tax buildings right next to each other and he dropped me off at the wrong one so I had to walk in the freezing cold and rain to the right one.

By the time we actually got there we were still the first in line, but I realized that I had my iPhone still so of course I had to make Mathew take it back to the car(good thing because there`s some parking on that same street. We paid $15 for the whole day). Then other people started to show up. It was seriously so cold that we were all huddled underneath the doorway, trying to stay dry and get protection from the wind. I started to get aggravated though because it was like there wasn`t really a line since we were all huddled together, which would have made our efforts to get there early useless. Lucky for me, an hour later when they opened the doors(around 7:30!) we were standing on the left side and that`s the side they want you to go in on so after we were shooed away like pests, Mathew and I were still the first ones in and got the A. The nice couple that came right after us squeezed in and got B, so I was happy for them.

Security wasn`t too bad, we just put our stuff in boxes, and walked through the metal detector. The guard told us to walk down the stairs and sit in the waiting room and someone would be there in a second to get us. About 2 minutes later the guard come to get us and we rode the elevator to the floor where everything goes down and we waited until we were called. The lady at Window 11 ways super nice! She even made a copy of his birth certificate, which we didn`t have. We only brought the originals. She gave us some kind of slip and told us to go pay and then wait some more. By the time we paid she was calling us back to window 11 to take his fingerprints, and then she told us to go back and wait and we`d be called to room 7 or 8 to do our interview.

The waiting felt like hours. We were both so nervous and just watched the room keep getting full while we were holding hands. In all actuality I think it must have been about 10 minutes before we got called back to the room but it felt like an hour. When we were called back we took deep breaths and walked in the room. We were instructed to put our things on the chair and raise our hands to swear that everything was true, and we did.

The CO only asked us like 6 questions. He never looked at our evidence, never looked at the love book(damn!), never even looked through the forms really(I assume they do this before hand and already know whether you are approved or denied). He asked Mathew what he did for a living(Aerospace Engineer), asked him how we met(internet), asked him who proposed and how(him at the lake), asked when our wedding date was(June 26th), asked why he would leave Canada when he had such a good job(DUH!), and then asked me what I did in the US(AT&T). After that he took Mathew`s thumb print again, and then told us "Based on the information you have provided today I can go ahead and tell you that your visa has been approved. Congrats to you both and Welcome to the United States"!!!

After that pretty much everything is a blur. We were out by 8:50. Then it was breakfast time at Cora`s and home for a nap!!!!

I`m so happy!!!

:dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :luv: :luv: :luv: :luv: :luv: :luv: :luv:

Edited by Ant+D+BabyA

**Ant's 1432.gif1502.gif "Once Upon An American Immigration Journey" Condensed Timeline...**

2000 (72+ Months) "Loved": Long-Distance Dating Relationship. D Visited Ant in Canada.

2006 (<1 Month) "Visited": Ant Visited D in America. B-2 Visa Port of Entry Interrogation.

2006 (<1 Month) "Married": Wedding Elopement. Husband & Wife, D and Ant !! Together Forever!

2006 ( 3 Months I-485 Wait) "Adjusted": 2-Years Green Card.

2007 ( 2 Months) "Numbered": SSN Card.

2007 (<1 Months) "Licensed": NYS 4-Years Driver's License.

2009 (10 Months I-751 Wait) "Removed": 10-Years 5-Months Green Card.

2009 ( 9 Months Baby Wait) "Expected": Baby. It's a Boy, Baby A !!! We Are Family, Ant+D+BabyA !

2009 ( 4 Months) "Moved": New House Constructed and Moved Into.

2009 ( 2 Months N-400 Wait) "Naturalized": US Citizenship, Certificate of Naturalization. Goodbye USCIS!!!!

***Ant is a Naturalized American Citizen!!***: November 23, 2009 (Private Oath Ceremony: USCIS Office, Buffalo, NY, USA)

2009 (<1 Month) "Secured": US Citizen SSN Card.

2009 (<1 Month) "Enhanced": US Citizen NYS 8-Years Enhanced Driver's License. (in lieu of a US Passport)

2010 ( 1 Month) "Voted": US Citizen NYS Voter's Registration Card.

***~~~"The End...And the Americans, Ant+D+BabyA, lived 'Happily Ever After'!"...~~~***

Congratulations on such a smooth interview! Good luck to you on your POE and the rest of your journey. :)

01/08/2010 - Applied for SSN in maiden name.

01/09/2010 - Married! Officially a Missis.

01/19/2010 - Received SSN in mail.

02/10/2010 - Sent I-485/I-131/I-765 to Chicago.

02/19/2010 - NOA dates for all applications.

02/22/2010 - Received NOAs in mail.

02/23/2010 - Applied for SSN for married name.

03/04/2010 - Applied for Florida DL in married name.

03/09/2010 - Biometrics appointment.

04/18/2010 - AP received.

04/23/2010 - EAD approved.

04/27/2010 - AOS Interview at Orlando USCIS (decision pending).

04/28/2010 - Card production ordered!

05/03/2010 - EAD received.

05/03/2010 - Welcome letter received.

05/28/2010 - Green Card received in mail.

01/26/2012 - Mailed RoC packet to VSC.

01/30/2012 - NOA date on application.

02/01/2012 - Cheque cashed.

02/05/2012 - Received NOA in mail.

02/10/2012 - Touch.

02/24/2012 - ASC Appointment Notice dated.

02/27/2012 - ASC Appointment Notice received.

03/23/2012 - Biometrics appointment.

09/20/2012 - Touch. Card Production ordered!

09/21/2012 - Touch.

09/24/2012 - Touch. Card mailed.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.