sdw

Greencards came in today.

17 posts in this topic

Actually did the DMV on Friday. They accepted the stamped visas along with there birth certificates.

Sdw-Congrats for you and your kids getting the green cards and SSNs. Wow, that was quick, indeed!

Btw..When you went to the SSA office, did you just show them the stamp/visa in the passport, since you didn't get the actual green cards yet?

Just wondering...As when I just showed them the stamp, after my AOS was approved...They gave me problems and delayed because of that...(lol..this was years ago though, at a different NYS SSA office...lol...maybe I should have gone to the Niagara Falls office instead....)

Now onwards to the DMV for you! Good luck with the rest of your journey too.

Ant

Removal of Conditions: 12/09/2011

ROC check cashed 12/15/11

NOA1 12/13/11

Biometrics 1/6/12 Complete

RFE 9/13/12

RFE package sent back 10/17/12

Card Production Ordered 12/04/12

10 year card arrived in mail 12/10/12

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Yeah...not to worry you any more, Froggie, but I have a feeling (totally unfounded...just a hunch) that it would be more common for an airport POE to drop the ball in terms of paperwork / filing etc. than a land crossing. Definitely go to the SSN office a.s.a.p.!

LGG, I have a feeling Wyatt may be onto something here. Everyone who entered the US after you was via land and not air. I know it is frustrating, this whole process of hurry up and wait. I really hope your paperwork comes in soon! And you never know, your welcome letter may have gotten stuck to someone else's like what happened to me and the hubby yesterday. Someone elses letter was right behind ours. It shows how well this system works, I got someone elses welcome e-mail from the NVC, now we get someone's Welcome letter...

Congrats sdw!!!

6/27/2009 Married after being together almost 2 years

USCIS Journey

I-130 package sent - 8/5/2009

I-130 package received - 8/9/2009

Check cleared my bank - 8/17/2009

NOA1 - 8/12/2009

NOA2 - 9/11/2009

NOA2 hard copy received - 9/18/2009

NVC Journey

NVC Received : 9/28/2009

Received DS-3032 / I-864 Bill : 10/2/2009

Pay I-864 Bill : 10/5/2009

Receive I-864 Package : 10/7/2009

Return Completed I-864 : 10/9/2009

Return Completed DS-3032 : 10/6/2009

Receive IV Bill : 10/20/2009

Pay IV Bill : 10/22/2009

Return Completed DS-230 Package : 10/26/2009

Log-In Fail: 11/6/2009

Case Completed at NVC : 11/9/2009

Received Interview date: 1/22/2010

Medical Exam: 2/23/2010 at 1:30 p.m. - yep he went for the latest possible appointment......

Interview date: 3/1/2010 APPROVED!!!!!

POE: 3/8/2010 - Thousand Islands

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.