rene

any RFE approvals been forwarded to NVC or consulate?

20 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
Returning the petition to the consulate from USCIS will be unpredictable because:

No standard procedure involved for all consulates

Some consulates may be slower than others

They may not know what a "reaffirmed" petition is

Not all consulates may notify immediately when the petition actually arrives

All these reasons justify communicating with the consulate through email and phone. I realize even the communication aspect is diverse from consualte to consulate, some being better and more educated than others.

The NVC case number identifies every petition, so I guess where it comes from - USCIS or NVC - doesn't matter, as long as they are able to identify the petitions. At least in Brazil, the consulate staff are very helpful and try to do everything they can to help us out - they don't notify when petitions get there but when we call or e-mail to ask about it (or anything else for that matter) they'll give us the information needed.

I guess the more recalled petitions a consulate has returned to DoS in the past, the better it is for them to get a grasp of what a reaffirmed petition is. One can only hope that consulates were sent some kind of official notice explaining how to deal with it. From the beginning, the consulate employees I've talked to said that we'd need to fill out and send another form (simplistic way to put it, huh?) and as soon as the petition was sent back to them, they'd schedule another date for the interview (I had already been sent packet 4).

I guess it'd be a smart thing to do to e-mail them the 'reaffirmed' notice sent by USCIS with the NVC number of the petition and ask about status. I'm just not sure whether they can help us at this point.

I'm planning to have a strategy in place to make sure the consulate does not mess up like possibly emailing them evidence of petition reaffirmation followed up with phone calls. I'm using Mexico, I doubt I will have problems but I think some other consulates may.

Have you guys started bugging the consulate down there? I would. Mew, she did not tell me any specific time so it really is still a guessing game. Good tidings!

I haven't started to bug them - yet! I'm waiting for my fiance to have a chance to call VSC first and ask them about the petition before I start calling and e-mailing.

I only offer advice - not even legal. Just the plain and simple kind.

Timeline (incompleta)

Filed: Timeline

It can't be that bad because only the recalled petitions are being sent directly to the Consulates/Embassies. There are only 1100 of them and are mostly from VCS. Maybe that is why VCS have not reaffirmed any of the recalled petitions recently. I was lucky because mine was approved in just 9 days from the time they received my RFE.

I was told that NVC complained bitterly that they were not prepared to handle all the 10,000 petitions which were on hold in all the Service Centers due to IMBRA in addition to the 1100 which they had already processed. So VCS was on notice since May 2006 that they will be returning those reaffirmed petitions to the Embassies/Consulates directly.

I know this because I tried to change the embassy where my fiancé will get her visa from Abu Dhabi to Casablanca but the USCIS/VCS said I could not because it will require new processing.

Sorting these petitions will not be difficult because the first three letters on the number assign to each petition identifies the embassy or consulate the case came from. It will get there within a week, I predict. I have sent an email to my embassy and they have not received it yet but they promised to schedule for interview as soon they received the reaffirmed petition. I am more worried about them using DHL than anything else

Timeline
It can't be that bad because only the recalled petitions are being sent directly to the Consulates/Embassies. There are only 1100 of them and are mostly from VCS. Maybe that is why VCS have not reaffirmed any of the recalled petitions recently. I was lucky because mine was approved in just 9 days from the time they received my RFE.

I was told that NVC complained bitterly that they were not prepared to handle all the 10,000 petitions which were on hold in all the Service Centers due to IMBRA in addition to the 1100 which they had already processed. So VCS was on notice since May 2006 that they will be returning those reaffirmed petitions to the Embassies/Consulates directly.

I know this because I tried to change the embassy where my fiancé will get her visa from Abu Dhabi to Casablanca but the USCIS/VCS said I could not because it will require new processing.

Sorting these petitions will not be difficult because the first three letters on the number assign to each petition identifies the embassy or consulate the case came from. It will get there within a week, I predict. I have sent an email to my embassy and they have not received it yet but they promised to schedule for interview as soon they received the reaffirmed petition. I am more worried about them using DHL than anything else

Woooooh, please don't mention DHL. It scares me!

I only offer advice - not even legal. Just the plain and simple kind.

Timeline (incompleta)

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Thanks for the good info.

Looks like you have it together, may you get your interview scheduled soon!

Keep us posted please. ;)

Timeline

Hey, abdcas, I´m sorry but I missed your point.

What do you mean by "Maybe that is why VCS have not reaffirmed any of the recalled petitions recently." ?

:)

Thanks!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.