tinegary

NBI AND INCORRECT MIDDLE NAME

11 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

HI ALL MY FIANCE IS FROM THE PHILIPPINES. WE HAVE ALREADY STARTED OUR PETITION FOR A K1 VISA AND RECIEVED AN RFE BUT YOUR QUESTION IS THIS SHE HAD AN INCORRECT MIDDLE NAME ON HER BIRTHCERTIFICATE SO SHE GOT IT FIX AND GOT HER PASSPORT BEFORE WE STARTED PETITION. SO WE HAVE BEEN READING IN FORUMS ABOUT INCORRECT MIDDLE NAME AND WE BELIEVE THAT WE MAY NEED SOME MORE PAPER WORK FROM NBI. ANY INFORMATION AND ADVICE WOULD BE GREAT THANK TO ALL AND GOOD LUCK!!!!! :D:D:D:D:D:D:D

TINEGARY

08-21-10-arrive USA

09-03-10-got married

APPLYING AOS

11-15-10-FILING AOS

11- 23-10- noa1

12-09-10-biometric

gary and xtine

HI ALL MY FIANCE IS FROM THE PHILIPPINES. WE HAVE ALREADY STARTED OUR PETITION FOR A K1 VISA AND RECIEVED AN RFE BUT YOUR QUESTION IS THIS SHE HAD AN INCORRECT MIDDLE NAME ON HER BIRTHCERTIFICATE SO SHE GOT IT FIX AND GOT HER PASSPORT BEFORE WE STARTED PETITION. SO WE HAVE BEEN READING IN FORUMS ABOUT INCORRECT MIDDLE NAME AND WE BELIEVE THAT WE MAY NEED SOME MORE PAPER WORK FROM NBI. ANY INFORMATION AND ADVICE WOULD BE GREAT THANK TO ALL AND GOOD LUCK!!!!! :D:D:D:D:D:D:D

TINEGARY

does her birth certificate has a remarks? meaning a correction of the name?

why her name in NBI was wrong? she filled it up the NBI form it shouldnt be wrong. Does she made a mistake or the NBI did a mistake. You know before sending documents you both make sure that everything is right. she needs to go to NBI and ask why she is going to do to fix her name. hopefully it wont take so long.

goodluck

HI ALL MY FIANCE IS FROM THE PHILIPPINES. WE HAVE ALREADY STARTED OUR PETITION FOR A K1 VISA AND RECIEVED AN RFE BUT YOUR QUESTION IS THIS SHE HAD AN INCORRECT MIDDLE NAME ON HER BIRTHCERTIFICATE SO SHE GOT IT FIX AND GOT HER PASSPORT BEFORE WE STARTED PETITION. SO WE HAVE BEEN READING IN FORUMS ABOUT INCORRECT MIDDLE NAME AND WE BELIEVE THAT WE MAY NEED SOME MORE PAPER WORK FROM NBI. ANY INFORMATION AND ADVICE WOULD BE GREAT THANK TO ALL AND GOOD LUCK!!!!! biggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

TINEGARY

What’s the RFE say? Respond according to what is being asked.

'PAU' both wife and daughter in the U.S. 08/25/2009

Daughter's' CRBA Manila Embassy 08/07/2008 dual citizenship

http://crbausembassy....wordpress.com/

Make it easy. Just get a NBI that has all the names some will be AKA (Also Known As). We did that. Worked great and removed all issues. We also made sure all forms had the alias; when asked for.

Love forever,

Dale & Trisha

Married: 9/29/2008

K3 Visa

POE-MSP: 3/13/2009

AOS/EAD

Greencard received: 08/29/2009

Removal of Conditions:

Approved: 10/20/2011

Citizenship

9/19/2012

Timeline

Thanks guy to reply me, what i mean was her NBI and Birthcertifecate wasn't connect on our RFE<

I'm saying was, She planning to get her NBI... We want to do it, advance and write a answer here for HER in NBI to understand what she need to do, she has incorrect midle name. which she correctedly on 2008. and when she fix it 'by attorney' and evrything correct now on her midle name.. She got her Passport as her correct midle name, so the question, if she going to get her NBI, WHAT NAME'S she NEED to get??? is it two NBI her incorrect name and her Correct name???

Guy's pls who has experience like this kindly help us, THANK U SO MUCH guy's co. VJ...

08-21-10-arrive USA

09-03-10-got married

APPLYING AOS

11-15-10-FILING AOS

11- 23-10- noa1

12-09-10-biometric

gary and xtine

As dale trisha suggested, your fiancee must write her correct name. She must also put the incorrect name in the space for AKA (Also Known As). The NBI clearance will then reflect both names.

Correct if you go the route I suggested you will not have to stress anything. I did this to covera all of the nicknames that had been used. Now in your case you can go down the route of just getting a NBI with he correct name also. Since the BC & passport already reflect the correct name and if she never used the incorrect name that you should be fine.

Love forever,

Dale & Trisha

Married: 9/29/2008

K3 Visa

POE-MSP: 3/13/2009

AOS/EAD

Greencard received: 08/29/2009

Removal of Conditions:

Approved: 10/20/2011

Citizenship

9/19/2012

Timeline

Correct if you go the route I suggested you will not have to stress anything. I did this to covera all of the nicknames that had been used. Now in your case you can go down the route of just getting a NBI with he correct name also. Since the BC & passport already reflect the correct name and if she never used the incorrect name that you should be fine.

Thank u...

08-21-10-arrive USA

09-03-10-got married

APPLYING AOS

11-15-10-FILING AOS

11- 23-10- noa1

12-09-10-biometric

gary and xtine

Timeline

My fiancee had a BC error with the year that was corrected in 2007. We didn't know she would need an additional NBI clearance until we were at the interview. The consul asked us to obtain another clearance with the other birth year. Since it was a year error on the BC, there is no "also known as" (AKA) option for us, I think. We were able to get the additional clearance easily with the incorrect birth year. We hand-delivered it to the embassy, and we now have the visa as of a few days ago.

What you need is clearance from NBI which includes the un-corrected ID information as well as the corrected ID information. If there's a way to have this on one document, like was mentioned above, then I suppose that would work. But since my fiancee and I have personally completed the process with two documents from the NBI, that might be the safest way to go. Have one clearance with the correct name, and another with the uncorrected name. It seems dale_trisha have also gone through this and went with the a.k.a. method, so it seems that can work too. I just don't want to make a statement of certainty based on other peoples' experiences, only our own. :)

______

-Kevin

Love is not just a feeling, it is the actions showing kindness, caring, and concern, even when you don't feel like it.

Truth and Prayer our faith blog

We are both Seventh-Day Adventist Christians.

What does that mean?? Please feel free to ask me, I'd be more than happy to share.

- our beliefs - SDA fundamentals - we follow the Bible! -

- does hell burn forever? - what happens when you die? - Bible prophecy Truth -

- Sabbath Truth -

Timeline

My fiancee had a BC error with the year that was corrected in 2007. We didn't know she would need an additional NBI clearance until we were at the interview. The consul asked us to obtain another clearance with the other birth year. Since it was a year error on the BC, there is no "also known as" (AKA) option for us, I think. We were able to get the additional clearance easily with the incorrect birth year. We hand-delivered it to the embassy, and we now have the visa as of a few days ago.

What you need is clearance from NBI which includes the un-corrected ID information as well as the corrected ID information. If there's a way to have this on one document, like was mentioned above, then I suppose that would work. But since my fiancee and I have personally completed the process with two documents from the NBI, that might be the safest way to go. Have one clearance with the correct name, and another with the uncorrected name. It seems dale_trisha have also gone through this and went with the a.k.a. method, so it seems that can work too. I just don't want to make a statement of certainty based on other peoples' experiences, only our own. :)

thank u so much,,, its help us alot..

08-21-10-arrive USA

09-03-10-got married

APPLYING AOS

11-15-10-FILING AOS

11- 23-10- noa1

12-09-10-biometric

gary and xtine

• 1 month later...

Good day Kevin... is that mean that ur wife have her interview first and was ask for NBI AKA NAME?

how long did it take for ur visa when u recieve it after u mailed ur NBI? dod the consul gave ur wife vack his passport when the consul ask for NBI?

i was interview last may2010 and was also ask for my aka name at the NBI...my visa was cr1 for me and cr2 for my 2 girls.. the consul was so good to us but he just ask for the that NBI aka name, i just felt sad thou im just worried cauxe he ask me more papers the NBI. i have mailed my NBI last tuesday but still didnt hear anything from them, the currrier said they recieve it last thursday...just feeling so sad :( hope to hear some advice..pls tell me what u think thanks God Vless

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.