Dot

NOA 1 - NOA 2

10 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I just got NAO1 receipt from the mail.

I'm not sure exactly the whole process of NOA2 but I will go with the flow and wait for the next step.

(meanwhile 5-6 months wait, any suggestions what I can work on at this point?)

At this point I'm also wondering if me or my fiance either of us, can we travel back and forth to one another's country without any particular restrictions we should be aware of? I'm going to visit him next week and would like to avoid any problems that may delay our process of becoming one :thumbs:

K1 JOURNEY

03/10/2010 - Sent I-129F via Priority USPS-Arrived 03/12/10

03/16/2010 - USCIS deposited $455 check & generated case # 03/17/10

03/15/2010 -NOA1 Dated

03/19/2010 -NOA1 Received

-NOA2 Received

05/17/2010 -Packet III Received by Fiance (Beneficiary)

02/22/2011 -K1 visa approved and issued in Vancouver, BC.

07/08/2011 -POE US territory-

07/11/2011 -Got to my arms in SF

08/09/2011 -Married!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Costa Rica
Timeline

Work on collecting proof of ongoing relationship (phone records, letters, emails, photos of the two of you together).

Also, begin work on the beneficiary's birth certificate, any/all divorce decrees, passport. If there are children involved, get their travel authorizations in line, get all vaccination up to date.

The petitioner should be getting his financial records together (tax transcripts, W-2's, letter of employment). Will need up to date letters of intent to marry...

Use this time wisely and you'll be ready for the interview as soon as the petition reaches the Embassy from NVC.

Good luck,

Alan

K-1 JOURNEY

157 DAYS FROM NOA-1 TO NOA-2

181 DAYS FROM NOA-1 TO INTERVIEW

07/14/2011 - I-129F sent via FedEx to USCIS
07/15/2011 - Arrived at CSC, signed for by E. Jameson
07/15/2011 - NOA-1 (E-Mail)
07/19/2011 - NOA-1 (Hard Copy)
08/01/2011 - Touched
12/19/2011 - Touched
12/19/2011 - NOA-2 (E-Mail)
12/22/2011 - X-Ray
12/22/2011 - Lab Work
12/23/2011 - NOA-2 (Hard Copy)
12/27/2011 - NVC Received
12/28/2011 - San Jose Embassy Case Number Assigned
12/29/2011 - NVC Sent Petition via DHL to Embassy
12/30/2011 - Embassy Received Petition, signed for by J. Rodriguez
01/04/2011 - Medical
01/09/2011 - Packet 3 Received
01/12/2011 - Embassy Interview - Approved
01/19/2011 - Visa Received
01/21/2012 - POE (Ft. Lauderdale, FL - USA)
01/23/2012 - SSA Issued Fresy's SSN
02/18/2012 - Wedding

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

Life is not measured by the breaths you take. Rather, life is measured by the moments that take your breath away!

• 5 weeks later...
Timeline

Work on collecting proof of ongoing relationship (phone records, letters, emails, photos of the two of you together).

Also, begin work on the beneficiary's birth certificate, any/all divorce decrees, passport. If there are children involved, get their travel authorizations in line, get all vaccination up to date.

The petitioner should be getting his financial records together (tax transcripts, W-2's, letter of employment). Will need up to date letters of intent to marry...

Use this time wisely and you'll be ready for the interview as soon as the petition reaches the Embassy from NVC.

Good luck,

Alan

Hey Thanks Alan, Sry I didn't get back to you reply earlier. But I'm wondering, aren't these stuff the same I've collected before for the petition I filed? So the beneficiary should file the same stuff use the same pictures right? I'm confused. The guy is clueless, maybe I should fly there again and organize his stuff for him?

Hmm, what should I do? I got the NOA in March, and I've been checking activity daily. Of course there is no updates since March. :( I guess I really want this to hurry up. *SIGH*

This would be our first marriage and we don't have any kids so that would make things easier hopefully :)

K1 JOURNEY

03/15/2010 -NOA1 Dated

-NOA2 Received

08/09/2011 -Married!!!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Thailand
Timeline

Hey Thanks Alan, Sry I didn't get back to you reply earlier. But I'm wondering, aren't these stuff the same I've collected before for the petition I filed? So the beneficiary should file the same stuff use the same pictures right? I'm confused. The guy is clueless, maybe I should fly there again and organize his stuff for him?

Hmm, what should I do? I got the NOA in March, and I've been checking activity daily. Of course there is no updates since March. :( I guess I really want this to hurry up. *SIGH*

This would be our first marriage and we don't have any kids so that would make things easier hopefully :)

A comment on something you wrote in your first posting. I noticed your fiance filed in CSC or the California Service Center. Based ON JV member statistics, about 75% of the I-129F filers at CSC have been getting NOA2 in about 50 days. So that process is not 5 to 6 months. Some members have been longer though.

No, everything he listed is new. You might want to go to the US Embassy or Consulate web site for where you will interview. Look at Fiance Visas or K visa packages. They will probably have Package 3 on line. Start reading the forms and checklists so you know what to start preparing.

Also, keep all records of your trips and communication with your fiance. Phone records, emails, chat logs, airline tickets, border crossings in a Passport. Photos of you two together when visiting or even better is of you two with the parents of each.

Naturalization N-400

Timeline

A comment on something you wrote in your first posting. I noticed your fiance filed in CSC or the California Service Center. Based ON JV member statistics, about 75% of the I-129F filers at CSC have been getting NOA2 in about 50 days. So that process is not 5 to 6 months. Some members have been longer though.

No, everything he listed is new. You might want to go to the US Embassy or Consulate web site for where you will interview. Look at Fiance Visas or K visa packages. They will probably have Package 3 on line. Start reading the forms and checklists so you know what to start preparing.

Also, keep all records of your trips and communication with your fiance. Phone records, emails, chat logs, airline tickets, border crossings in a Passport. Photos of you two together when visiting or even better is of you two with the parents of each.

Hey Audy Rob, I'm actually the petitioner. :) I'm trying to find out everything since my fiance is clueless. So it's been about 30 days already I guess, and I haven't seen any changes happening at the CSC website. I check almost daily. I'm getting impatient. So what happens when I get NOA2? Do I go with him to the US-Embassy in his Country and he has the interview?

-I'm wondering if we have to marry right way, does he have to fly here right away then the 90 days starts right away? Because We're hoping he can finish another semester of school before he flies here to marry me. How does that work?

Thanks,

Dot

K1 JOURNEY

03/15/2010 -NOA1 Dated

-NOA2 Received

08/09/2011 -Married!!!

Filed: Timeline

The USC visiting the petitoner wouldnt case any issues. I travelled from the UK to see my fiance who is the USC and was prepared for loads of questions at the boarder however I was lucky and got none.

I have heard alot of stories of Canadians having issues travelling to the USA in between and some being refused at the boarder.

If you are going to do it take loads of evidence re your ties to Canada. Rental agreements, a letter from an employer stating the day you are going to return, details of plans that you really wouldn't cancel lik concert tickets to your fave band etc. Even with this I have heard of people being refused entry so take as much as possible. I also took a copy of my NOA1 to prove that we were in the process.

Good luck.

Timeline

The USC visiting the petitoner wouldnt case any issues. I travelled from the UK to see my fiance who is the USC and was prepared for loads of questions at the boarder however I was lucky and got none.

I have heard alot of stories of Canadians having issues travelling to the USA in between and some being refused at the boarder.

If you are going to do it take loads of evidence re your ties to Canada. Rental agreements, a letter from an employer stating the day you are going to return, details of plans that you really wouldn't cancel lik concert tickets to your fave band etc. Even with this I have heard of people being refused entry so take as much as possible. I also took a copy of my NOA1 to prove that we were in the process.

Good luck.

Hm, I was able to get back with no problems :) They just trusted my word. But one of the American guys were so nosily ask me how i got hooked up with a Canadian guy LOL

K1 JOURNEY

03/15/2010 -NOA1 Dated

-NOA2 Received

08/09/2011 -Married!!!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

I just got NAO1 receipt from the mail.

I'm not sure exactly the whole process of NOA2 but I will go with the flow and wait for the next step.

(meanwhile 5-6 months wait, any suggestions what I can work on at this point?)

At this point I'm also wondering if me or my fiance either of us, can we travel back and forth to one another's country without any particular restrictions we should be aware of? I'm going to visit him next week and would like to avoid any problems that may delay our process of becoming one :thumbs:

Sure you can attempt to travel but you both NEED to be honest at POE. When asked who will you visit, you will answer truthfully "My Fiance(e)". You are both intending to be married (since you filed the K-1 and that's the whole point of it) and to answer anything different is dishonest and misrepresentation.

Phil (Lockport, near Chicago) and Alla (Lobnya, near Moscow)

As of Dec 7, 2009, now Zero miles apart (literally)!

Once the visa is issued the beneficiary has 6 months to enter the US (make sure you check the ACTUAL expiration date on the visa when it is issued).

The 90 days you have to get married starts the day the beneficiary enters the US (also pay close attention to the I-94 date stamped at POE).

If the beneficiary visits the US and they ask at the border if you intend to get married - make sure the reply is "Yes - after approval and entry to the US on the K-1 visa". Don't want to get caught up in the semantics of a "trick" question.

6/15/2009 Filed I-129F

12/15/2009 Interview (HCMC, VN)

1/16/2010 POE Detroit

3/31/2010 MARRIED !!!

11/20/2010 Filed I-485

12/23/2010 Biometrics (Buffalo, NY)

12/31/2010 I-485 Transfered to CSC

2/4/2011 Green Card received

1/7/2013 Mailed I-751 package

1/14/2013 I-751 NOA (VSC)

2/07/2013 Biometrics (Buffalo, NY)

Timeline

Once the visa is issued the beneficiary has 6 months to enter the US (make sure you check the ACTUAL expiration date on the visa when it is issued).

The 90 days you have to get married starts the day the beneficiary enters the US (also pay close attention to the I-94 date stamped at POE).

If the beneficiary visits the US and they ask at the border if you intend to get married - make sure the reply is "Yes - after approval and entry to the US on the K-1 visa". Don't want to get caught up in the semantics of a "trick" question.

Wow thanks, that was really helpful. The visa is issued if the actual interview of my fiance goes well right? When does the I-94 come into play? I'm not sure what it is. and what is POE?

Thanks,

Dot

K1 JOURNEY

03/15/2010 -NOA1 Dated

-NOA2 Received

08/09/2011 -Married!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.