alejandrorit

how much cash should i bring to the k1 interview in jerusalem?

7 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Israel
Timeline

k1 visa interview taking place next week. i will be attending with the beneficiary, my fiancee. we know there is a 131$ nonimmigrant application fee (form ds230) and then they say for k filers there is an additional 380$. is this correct? i know i can pay the 131$ at the post office in israel, how/where do i pay the 380$?

thanks

ps any tips for the interview are much appreciated!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Israel
Timeline

does it cost 335$ plus 45$ surcharge to turn in the affidavit of support....???

it says:

* Affidavit of support (from the correct category below):

for most IV categories, a complete original I-864 from the petitioner with latest-year 1040, W2

and proof of US citizenship or LPR status,and, as needed, a complete original I-864 from a joint

sponsor with latest-year 1040,W2 and proof of US citizenship or LPR status

for IR2 applicants under the age of 18, a complete original I-864W signed by the petitioner or

applicant over 14 years

for E,K, and SBI applicants, an I-134 from a sponsor with latest-year 1040, W2 and proof of

US citizenship or LPR status

* proof of petitioner's domicile in the US

* High school diploma and/or evidence of work experience (DV visa only)

* Payment of 335$ plus a surcharge of 45$ payable in shekels, in cash or with credit cards

* Additional payment of 375$ is to be paid at the time of interview (DV visa only)

* Birth certificates of all unmarried children who will not immigrate with you at this time.

-----------------------------

so am i a 'K' applicant who has to bring the 335$ plus 45$?? thanks

That is how I read what you posted.

Have you read your embassy info page (link at the top) or the reviews for your embassy? (Also a link at the top of the page)?

There may be other fees which will need to be paid - for example in London we also had to pay a courier fee for the passport to be returned with the visa. Perhaps this is the extra 45$? Others who have gone through your consulate before will be the most appropriate people to advise you, and their experiences will be captured there. You may also want to check out the regional forum.

K-1:

January 28, 2009: NOA1

June 4, 2009: Interview - APPROVED!!!

October 11, 2009: Wedding

AOS:

December 23, 2009: NOA1!

January 22, 2010: Bogus RFE corrected through congressional inquiry "EAD waiting on biometrics only" Read about it here.

March 15, 2010: AOS interview - RFE for I-693 vaccination supplement - CS signed part 6!

March 27, 2010: Green Card recieved

ROC:

March 1, 2012: Mailed ROC package

March 7, 2012: Tracking says "notice left"...after a phone call to post office.

More detailed time line in profile.

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

does it cost 335$ plus 45$ surcharge to turn in the affidavit of support....???

it says:

* Affidavit of support (from the correct category below):

for most IV categories, a complete original I-864 from the petitioner with latest-year 1040, W2

and proof of US citizenship or LPR status,and, as needed, a complete original I-864 from a joint

sponsor with latest-year 1040,W2 and proof of US citizenship or LPR status

for IR2 applicants under the age of 18, a complete original I-864W signed by the petitioner or

applicant over 14 years

for E,K, and SBI applicants, an I-134 from a sponsor with latest-year 1040, W2 and proof of

US citizenship or LPR status

* proof of petitioner's domicile in the US

* High school diploma and/or evidence of work experience (DV visa only)

* Payment of 335$ plus a surcharge of 45$ payable in shekels, in cash or with credit cards

* Additional payment of 375$ is to be paid at the time of interview (DV visa only)

* Birth certificates of all unmarried children who will not immigrate with you at this time.

-----------------------------

Note the references to (DV visa only) DV is not K1. The information you are referencing has nothing to do with K1 visas.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

You're confusing different visas. As Nik+Heather suggested, there are additional costs, even once the K-1 visa is successfully granted.

A quick summary would go:

Petition filing fee - $455

medical - country specific

certificates (birth, police, etc.) - country specific

K-1/2 visa fee - $131 (due to rise soon)

Courier/ mailing costs - country specific, some places allow you to collect

marriage license - state specific

AOS - $1010 for K-1, $600 for K-2 applying at the same time as K-1

I-693 vaccine transcription charge - Civil Surgeon specific.

Naturally, this doesn't include any mailing costs, flights, shipping of personal effects.

So make sure you look up the Israeli embassy fees on the 'embassy info' button at the top menu.

Timeline Summary:

K-1/K-2 NOA1 - POE: 9 February - 9 July 2010

Married: 17 July 2010

AOS mailed - Interview : 22 November 2010 - 10 March 2011

ROC mailed - approved: 14 February - 18 June 2013

Citizenship mailed - ceremony: 9 February - 7 June 2017

VJ K-2 AOS Guide

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

K visas are not immigrant visas.

It costs lots of money every day to sponsor your fiancee, then more money when she becomes your wife. Every day. For the rest of your life. How much? All of it.

On THAT day (interview) you will pay $131 plus a delivery fee for the visas which varies by country. :wow:

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Duplicate threads asking the same information but in different words merged so all of the information and responses are in the same place. It is not necessary to start a new thread to ask for more information about the same topic.

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.