lilacvioletiris

K-1 May interviews Montreal !!!!

227 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Hey! Congrats to all of you with interviews! good.gif

Im happy for you guys.

It appears I missed to cut off date by 1 day. huh.gif

there doesnt seem to be many interviews scheduled though...

Were there other people waiting for an interview who havent posted anything yet?

5 over 2 months sounds low.

AoS Process

AoS/EAD/AP file sent: 2011-02-16

Received: 2011-02-17

NOA: 2011-02-22

Touched: 2011-02-24

Hard copy NOAs received : 2011-02-28

Biometrics letter received: 2011-02-28

Biometrics appt: 2011-03-17

EAD & AP approved: 2011-04-28

AOS appt: 2011-05-12 (notice sent April 6) APPROVED :)

event.png

There's no june appointments yet, hopefully we can be scheduled for june!! :)

01/12/2011: GreenCard approved!!!!

Green card expiration date: 01/05/2013
Sent ROC package to VSC: 11/16/2012
NOA1: 11/20/2012

Approval: 04/29/2013!!!!

event.png

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Hey! Congrats to all of you with interviews! good.gif

Im happy for you guys.

It appears I missed to cut off date by 1 day. huh.gif

there doesnt seem to be many interviews scheduled though...

Were there other people waiting for an interview who havent posted anything yet?

5 over 2 months sounds low.

Seems like there were about 5 people scheduled in April and now another 4 or 5 in May. Does seem low but some people don't post to these threads so it may be more actually if the timelines were searched.

Timeline

Ok so far we have:

Lilacvioletiris May 3

corcor May 7

Kevbev09 May 12

Frenzyheart May 17th

Jay & Beverley (aka Bevie) May 19th

Supportgeek May 20th

:dance: :dance: :dance: Keep them coming Montreal! :dance: :dance: :dance:

Timeline

Ok so far we have:

Lilacvioletiris May 3

jasonandsarah May 4

corcor May 7

Kevbev09 May 12

Frenzyheart May 17th

Jay & Beverley (aka Bevie) May 19th

Supportgeek May 20th

:dance::dance::dance: Keep them coming Montreal! :dance::dance::dance:

Any more interviews? It'd be nice to know someone ~ they kind of threw us all about helter skelter, didn't they? lol

- Tiffanney & Matthew -

K1 VISA: 09/11/09 - 08/10/10

MARRIED: 10/10/10
AOS/EAD/AP: 02/22/11 - 05/04/11

ROC
04/04/13: Mailed off!

04/09/13: NOA1

Timeline

Yeah, I was sort of hoping to meet the woman who also applied to the California Service Center in October like I did but no such luck. Her appointment is four days later. In March there are a couple "bumper crop" days with multiple people going to the consulate on the same day. Having an interview buddy would be fun but I haven't seen/heard any other news for May. Just so happy that we have all gotten our appointment dates already!

Frenzy I just noticed your wedding date, did you guys choose that day on purpose? lol..

And yes the list kind of looks like the guys at Montreal stuck a May calendar page to the wall and threw darts at it to choose our dates.. hehe.

AoS Timeline

08/26/10 Visa received

08/27/10 PoE Rainbow Bridge, Niagara Falls

09/10/10 Married!

10/14/10 AoS, AP and EAD apps mailed

10/26/10 Received NoAs for all 3

11/16/10 Biometrics appt

11/24/10 RFE on AoS, missing tax forms

11/29/10 Received RFE in mail, sent back forms

01/05/11 Received interview letter in mail

02/03/11 AoS Interview -- APPROVED!!

02/12/11 Green card in mail!

Removal of conditions will be Nov 2012

Frenzy I just noticed your wedding date, did you guys choose that day on purpose? lol..

Yup! We're actually going to theme our whole wedding around it, sort of. We're doing a play on binary code, since we're both tech dorks. Our colors are black, white and silver, and I'm still working on our invitations, but those won't have the "binary" theme. We just found it really funny that everything in our relationship since we filed has been done (almost) in increments of 10 - we filed on 9/11 (which adds up to 20), approved 100 days from filing, etc, etc.. So far, the only thing that hasn't been a '10' is our NOA1 to Interview date, which is 245, but oh well, lol. :D

- Tiffanney & Matthew -

ROC

Welll... 2+4+5=11, which still fits for not having numbers besides 1 or 0.. :P

AoS Timeline

08/26/10 Visa received

08/27/10 PoE Rainbow Bridge, Niagara Falls

09/10/10 Married!

10/14/10 AoS, AP and EAD apps mailed

10/26/10 Received NoAs for all 3

11/16/10 Biometrics appt

11/24/10 RFE on AoS, missing tax forms

11/29/10 Received RFE in mail, sent back forms

01/05/11 Received interview letter in mail

02/03/11 AoS Interview -- APPROVED!!

02/12/11 Green card in mail!

Removal of conditions will be Nov 2012

I feel like I'm going to pull my hair out. Not only am I trying to race around and get everything ready to leave in 21 days (!!!!) AND try to get things with school figured out, but I'm sick now, too. :crying:

I wish it was May already so this could just be done! I'm nervous and excited and anxious and... :blink::wacko::bonk:

Anyone else already start their wedding planning? I'd love to see what everyone else is doing for theirs! :D (Might take our minds off the wait... hehe)

- Tiffanney & Matthew -

ROC

Timeline

I feel like I'm going to pull my hair out. Not only am I trying to race around and get everything ready to leave in 21 days (!!!!) AND try to get things with school figured out, but I'm sick now, too. :crying:

I wish it was May already so this could just be done! I'm nervous and excited and anxious and... :blink::wacko::bonk:

Anyone else already start their wedding planning? I'd love to see what everyone else is doing for theirs! :D (Might take our minds off the wait... hehe)

Yes, I have started putting into motion the wedding plans my fiance' and I have. Purchased our wedding invitations on Wednesday. We had already booked the church and the photographer "hoping" that July 11, 2010 would be our date and now as long as all goes well at the consulate, and I wouldn't see why it wouldn't, it will be our date. Trying to get my wedding cake and flowers in order now.

So are you going up to Canada in advance of the interview since 21 days sure won't get you to the May dates from today?

So are you going up to Canada in advance of the interview since 21 days sure won't get you to the May dates from today?

Yeah, I'm heading up there on April 17th. We need a few paychecks between him coming to get me and our interview date to save some money. He works in lawn care, but they also do Christmas lighting, so things have been pretty slow the last couple of weeks, paycheck wise, as they transition from the Christmas lighting to the actual lawn care. We just want to make sure we have everything taken care of. Luckily, his parents loaned us the money to book the hotel room early so now it's just paying them back and then having money for Montreal. We're both really looking forward to it, and we're making a whole weekend of it, too. :)

- Tiffanney & Matthew -

ROC

Timeline

Is there anyone else that is flying into Montreal in May for their fiance's interview? I have started looking at tickets and it seems the cheapest was about $430 U.S. dollars. Anybody else finding better prices?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.