mandaNchris

sort of new here

10 posts in this topic

Hi everyone, This is Amanda, My fiance Chris had made a vj name a little bit ago and both of us were using it but I thought I would make my own name so people dont get confused about who they are talking to or getting question from or answers from. So I am the Canadian and Chris is the American. Chris' name is chrisNmanda.... how clever eh??? lol Anyways, Thank you everyone who has helped us so far and from now on only Chris will be using that other name. I am more social then he is, so you'll probably see more of me then him. :blush:

Life is like a roller coaster. Hold on tight and enjoy the ride!

Oh yeah I also wanted to say, to all of you guys who have gotten approved recently or have moved to the U.S. recently CONGRATS!!!!! so happy for you guys. Good Luck to all the rest of us who are waiting as well :)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Well Amanda it will be you soon enough. Have you filed for your visa yet?

K-1 journey, AOS/EAD and ROC in my timeline

2011 March 31 - Sent off Naturalization pkg overnight to Texas

2011 April 1 - Arrived in Texas at 10:21 am

2011 April 1 - NOA (rec'd via snail mail April 8)

2011 April 7 - Cheque cashed

2011 May 5 - Biometrics (letter rec'd via snail mail April 15)

2011 May 9 - Placed in line for interview scheduling

2011 June 13 - Rec'd yellow letter (no change in status online)

2011 June 23 - Rec'd text that my case has been scheduled for interview

2011 August 1 - Interview (rec'd via snail mail June 27) PASSED

2011 August 3 - Rec'd email that my case has been scheduled for Oath

2011 September 1 - Oath ceremony (rec'd snail mail Aug 5)

2011 September 1 - All done, yeah.

Yes Chris sent in his petition for me in Oct. I have received my packet three a couple weeks ago but I am in the U.S. right now visiting him. So its been a bit hard to fill out the forms when he doesnt have a printer that works. My sister emailed me the papers I got in my packet three. We apparently need a photo uploaded on one of the forms and we dont have one. We are going to go get a passport picture taken here and scanning it onto the computer. hopefully that will work. That cant be done till tomorrow tho because Chris is at work. He only has Fridays and Saturdays off. Hopefully we will get the forms sent back to montreal and then have our interview date not too long after they receive it.

Timeline

Hi Amanda and welcome to VJ! :)

Just so you know, if you can't get the picture to work on the online form Montreal lets you bring an extra passport photo to the interview with you instead. A lot of people have had issues trying to make the picture part work.

the site wont let us print it out without having that picture uploaded. i dont know how to get around that :wacko: I'm not all that computer friendly lol

Timeline

the site wont let us print it out without having that picture uploaded. i dont know how to get around that :wacko: I'm not all that computer friendly lol

just go through the whole upload thing etc..and it will eventually give you an error and ask if you want to proceed. along with a disclaimer that you will have to bring one to the interview. that's what i did and it worked out fine. printed with a big X where the picture should have been. think i did the little pic test at the beginning too. but alas..it just wasn't good enough lol

HWDWm6.png

Timeline

Well Amanda I am sure you and Chris will work it all out, enjoy your time together.

K-1 journey, AOS/EAD and ROC in my timeline

2011 March 31 - Sent off Naturalization pkg overnight to Texas

2011 April 1 - Arrived in Texas at 10:21 am

2011 April 1 - NOA (rec'd via snail mail April 8)

2011 April 7 - Cheque cashed

2011 May 5 - Biometrics (letter rec'd via snail mail April 15)

2011 May 9 - Placed in line for interview scheduling

2011 June 13 - Rec'd yellow letter (no change in status online)

2011 June 23 - Rec'd text that my case has been scheduled for interview

2011 August 1 - Interview (rec'd via snail mail June 27) PASSED

2011 August 3 - Rec'd email that my case has been scheduled for Oath

2011 September 1 - Oath ceremony (rec'd snail mail Aug 5)

2011 September 1 - All done, yeah.

Thanks everyone :) We will try to print it off without uploading the pic. I'll let you guys know if I figure it out lol. I will make sure I bring an extra picture.

We are having a very nice visit. Alex and I are having a lot of one on one time because here we are the only ones home while Chris is at work. My house in Canada, we are almost always never alone because I live with my sister, brother inlaw and their three kids. Plus my mom and Step father live in the apartment below us. So yeah someone is always around lol. Been doing a lot of visiting with Chris' family.

It has really hit home visiting this time how much I am going to miss my family once I move. I feel the worst about moving away from my nieces and nephew. They are very attached to me, I've been like a mom to them all their lives. They called the other day crying because they missed Alex and I and were upset cause soon we would be leaving them for good. It broke my heart. Sometimes immigrating sucks!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.