psycons12

early medical,with NOA2

8 posts in this topic

hello everybody,

just want to ask if its good enough having NOA 2 and case no,but there is no NVC letter stating the case no to go through on medical? a bit confuse because as i read it is always mention an NVC letter stating the case no,what if only case no? since we just ask our case no from the NVC.it would be okay? or we really need to wait for the letter? tnx in advance

Hope to hear response from you,as im planning to have a medical this coming wednesday if it's okay... :help:

thank you and God bless

THANK YOU SO MUCH OUR GOD ALMIGHTY FOR EVERYTHING ,WE PRAY UNTO YOU WITH YOUR SON JESUS CHRIST AND MARY OUR MOST LOVING MOTHER.PRAISE GOD...

What i printed up was the AOS bill...of course you are doing a K-1 so you wont have that. All you really need is the NOA2 to get into St Lukes. the NVC case number will be used on the paperwork... the guards will know that you wont have documentation from the NVC for your case number. You can have your fiancee go and do the medical...she will just need her passport, 4 passport photos (white background) and a Pen...of course the NOA2

another thing...have her make a couple of copies of her bio page of the passport.

Edited by Scott and Mhay

For our Full timeline

event.png

Removal of conditions Journey

16 March 2012 Sent I-751 package from Aviano AB, Italy.

29 March 2012 Received everything back...wrong fee. thought we didn't have to pay biometrics since we were sending fingerprint cards and passport photos.

30 March 2012 Sent everything out again from Aviano AB, Italy.

10 April 2012 Check cashed

17 April 2012 Received NOA1 dated 6 April.

06 Dec 2012 Received 10 yr green card. Letter said it was approved 28 November 2012.

Filed: Other Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Yeah, this question gets asked a LOT. I just asked it a few days ago in a post. There should be something in the guides that says in big bold letters that you don't need your appointment letter or NVC letter to go do your medical. I tried searching a few days ago and the new VJ was giving me a bunch of dead links. I just did a search and found many posts with the same questions about early medical. My fiancee is still worried because her friend keeps telling her that she needs her appointment letter from the embassy or else St. Lukes will tell her she can't do medical. I keep telling her that she can do the medical and the interview without an appointment letter. Many people here have done it that way. The biggest difference here is that my fiancee's friend used a lawyer who told her to just wait for the embassy (and she waited 2 months for an appointment letter after her NOA2) and most folks on VJ (myself included) did the whole process without lawyers. So we base our decisions on past experiences of VJ members. :thumbs:

Responses to my post:

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/247044-st-lukes-advance-medical-without-appointment-letter/

Good Luck and go take the medical!

Edited by ~Johnny~

~Johnny~

hello everybody,

just want to ask if its good enough having NOA 2 and case no,but there is no NVC letter stating the case no to go through on medical? a bit confuse because as i read it is always mention an NVC letter stating the case no,what if only case no? since we just ask our case no from the NVC.it would be okay? or we really need to wait for the letter? tnx in advance

Hope to hear response from you,as im planning to have a medical this coming wednesday if it's okay... helpsmilie.gif

thank you and God bless

A scanned copy of your NOA2 and a case# will be suffice as I presented the same though I had the other docs with me.

Good luck!

Immigration Timeline Summary

10.21.2008 – CR-1 Visa Application Filed (By Hubby's Sec)
09.04.2009 – Visa Interview | Passed
09.10.2009 – Visa Packet Received
09.17.2009 – US Entry | Home
07.05.2011 – ROC Petition Filed
05.01.2012 – ROC Approved (No Interview)
05.18.2012 – 10-year GC Received
06.19.2012 – Eligible to apply for Naturalization
(procrastinated)
06.24.2013 – N-400 Application Filed
09.30.2013 – Civics Test / Interview | Passed
10.03.2013 – Oath Taking Ceremony | Became a USCitizen!
04.14.2014 – Applied for "Expedite Service" Passport (as PI travel date was fast approaching)
04.16.2014 – Passport Issued & Shipped
04.17.2014 – US Passport Received

Our timeline vanished into thin air.

I've contacted the admin several times but I got zero response.

https://meiscookery.wordpress.com

yup you can have an advance medical even if you don't have the appointment letter yet.. just bring with you your NOA2 and your case number..

i suggest you go over this link st. luke's medical exam walkthrough.. it will help familiarize yourself on the medical process.. :yes:

Good luck and God bless! :D

N400 timeline:

04/17/2013 - sent N400
05/06/2013 - biometrics letter notice date
05/17/2013 - biometrics appointment

05/21/2013 - in line for interview

07/08/2013 - actual interview date

07/19/2013 - oath ceremony

Mom's IR5

10/15/2013 - sent I130

10/16/2013 - receipt date on NOA1 (Overland Park, Kansas)

11/22/2013 - received notice, case transferred to TSC

12/13/2013 - Email update, Petition approved!

01/23/2014 - case transferred to NVC

03/04/2014 - case number assigned

03/06/2014 - submitted DS-261

03/07/2014 - paid AOS Fee

03/19/2014 - sent AOS package

03/25/2014 - paid IV Fee

03/29/2014 - submitted DS260

03/31/2014 - sent DS-260(IV) civil documents

04/08/2014 - IV and AOS Checklist (I864A - incomplete information (place of residence))

04/09/2014 - sent AOS checklist

04/21/2014 - false AOS checklist

05/07/2014 - email notification for case complete

05/14/2014 - received appointment interview letter via email

05/15/2014 - CEAC status "In Transit" to consulate (US Embassy, Manila)

06/11/2014 - interview @ 6:15am (PASSED)

06/11/2014 - CEAC status "ISSUED" (visa is authorized for printing)

07/??/2014 - flight to US POE Detroit

it is all by the grace of God!

Thank you so much for everybody,i've got a peace of mind now....i will go and have a medical this week....thank you so much for all your wishes.Good bless to everybody....I pray I PASS :thumbs:

THANK YOU SO MUCH OUR GOD ALMIGHTY FOR EVERYTHING ,WE PRAY UNTO YOU WITH YOUR SON JESUS CHRIST AND MARY OUR MOST LOVING MOTHER.PRAISE GOD...

Yeah, this question gets asked a LOT. I just asked it a few days ago in a post. There should be something in the guides that says in big bold letters that you don't need your appointment letter or NVC letter to go do your medical. I tried searching a few days ago and the new VJ was giving me a bunch of dead links. I just did a search and found many posts with the same questions about early medical. My fiancee is still worried because her friend keeps telling her that she needs her appointment letter from the embassy or else St. Lukes will tell her she can't do medical. I keep telling her that she can do the medical and the interview without an appointment letter. Many people here have done it that way. The biggest difference here is that my fiancee's friend used a lawyer who told her to just wait for the embassy (and she waited 2 months for an appointment letter after her NOA2) and most folks on VJ (myself included) did the whole process without lawyers. So we base our decisions on past experiences of VJ members. :thumbs:

Responses to my post:

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/247044-st-lukes-advance-medical-without-appointment-letter/

Good Luck and go take the medical!

We are on the same boat,we do it by ourselves also.and i chatted one member here with a lawyer too and she said it really take sometimes if you have a lawyer because you'll wait until they get done of the paperwork and that is the disadvantage of having one i guess...if i cannot do my medical this week,it might be, i and your fiancee will meet in st lukes as i saw your medical sched but if happens i can do it this week,i'll give some tips.......thank you,God bless and Goodluck

Filed: Other Country: Ukraine
Timeline

We are on the same boat,we do it by ourselves also.and i chatted one member here with a lawyer too and she said it really take sometimes if you have a lawyer because you'll wait until they get done of the paperwork and that is the disadvantage of having one i guess...if i cannot do my medical this week,it might be, i and your fiancee will meet in st lukes as i saw your medical sched but if happens i can do it this week,i'll give some tips.......thank you,God bless and Goodluck

Hey, Wilma is doing her medical on April 7 (maybe you guys might meet there). She is planning to go and do the medical with or without an appointment letter. I had her read a lot of the VJ responses and she's more confident now that we don't need appointment letter.

God bless you too..and good luck! :)

~Johnny~

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.