mixtapejunkie

K-1 approval extension

4 posts in this topic

With less than a month b4 interview and no co sponsor is it ok to request an extension from the consulate? I'm trying to buy more time in the hopes I will have a job b4 the extension ends. Tax history for last three years is good what situations are applicable to use the K-1 approval extension request letter to the US embassy of the benefactor's country? Worst case scenerio we are denied can we re-apply? And after how long?

You can request an extension by all means. Just email the consulate and tell them you want to postpone the interview. I would suspect they would extend it as long as they could. At the end of the new extension, you could always try and ask for another, but if they won't give you another extension, and close the file, you will be able to reapply once you have new employment again.

You'll have to pay all fees again and go through the same process if you reapply. (This is only if you don't get an extension).

I hope you find something soon!

carlahmsb4.gif

You can request an extension by all means. Just email the consulate and tell them you want to postpone the interview. I would suspect they would extend it as long as they could. At the end of the new extension, you could always try and ask for another, but if they won't give you another extension, and close the file, you will be able to reapply once you have new employment again.

You'll have to pay all fees again and go through the same process if you reapply. (This is only if you don't get an extension).

I hope you find something soon!

You've mentioned two separate things here:

1) Petition extension

2) interview rescedule

The interview could be rescheduled if you sent in the packet 3 info and received an interview date.

If you delay sending in the packet 3 info for a while and your petition (NOA2 expiration date) is approaching you can send a request in for an extension of the I129F.

Two diffenent scenarios but both in either case the request would be sent to the consulate.

6/15/2009 Filed I-129F

12/15/2009 Interview (HCMC, VN)

1/16/2010 POE Detroit

3/31/2010 MARRIED !!!

11/20/2010 Filed I-485

12/23/2010 Biometrics (Buffalo, NY)

12/31/2010 I-485 Transfered to CSC

2/4/2011 Green Card received

1/7/2013 Mailed I-751 package

1/14/2013 I-751 NOA (VSC)

2/07/2013 Biometrics (Buffalo, NY)

.....thanks y'all for the support....at least now I will be able to get a few more days of peace of mind and good sleep....having come this far anything short of success will be emotionally unbearable....does an initial consular denial affect a follow up application's outcome ?...that said how long after the 1st K-1 approval (mine is valid until May 10th 2010) can I reapply should in case the case is closed ? .....I heard something like only after 2 years ?....under pressure from her parents (her father is a pastor and owns his own church) and the intimacy of our relationship...I was thinking of going the K-3/IR-1/CR-1) route....marry her and apply....but both seem more complicated than the K-1....which is the fastest and most straight forward....

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.