antda

Hawaii considering law to ignore Obama 'birthers'

13 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Timeline

Hi Everyone,

Here is an article online thst I saw this morning, and would like to share with you all on VJ...

Lol....My thoughts: Does it really matter where Obama was born? Really, there should be other things to worry about when it comes to his work as a president...More positive changes need to be done about this country! Still waiting for those changes...... :whistle:

Happy Reading!...

Hawaii considering law to ignore Obama 'birthers'

HONOLULU – Birthers beware: Hawaii may start ignoring your repeated requests for proof that President Barack Obama was born here.

As the state continues to receive e-mails seeking Obama's birth certificate, the state House Judiciary Committee heard a bill Tuesday permitting government officials to ignore people who won't give up.

"Sometimes we may be dealing with a cohort of people who believe lack of evidence is evidence of a conspiracy," said Lorrin Kim, chief of the Hawaii Department of Health's Office of Planning, Policy and Program Development.

So-called "birthers" claim Obama is ineligible to be president because, they argue, he was actually born outside the United States, and therefore doesn't meet a constitutional requirement for being president.

Hawaii Health Director Dr. Chiyome Fukino issued statements last year and in October 2008 saying that she's seen vital records that prove Obama is a natural-born American citizen.

But the state still gets between 10 and 20 e-mails seeking verification of Obama's birth each week, most of them from outside Hawaii, Kim said Tuesday.

A few of these requesters continue to pepper the Health Department with the same letters seeking the same information, even after they're told state law bars release of a certified birth certificate to anyone who does not have a tangible interest. Responding wastes time and money, Kim said.

Both Fukino and the state registrar of vital statistics have verified that the Health Department holds Obama's original birth certificate.

The issue coincides with Sunshine Week, when news organizations promote open government and freedom of information.

"Do we really want to be known internationally as the Legislature that blocked any inquiries into where President Obama was born?" asked Rep. Cynthia Thielen, R-Kaneohe-Kailua. "When people want to get more information, the way to fuel that fire is to say, 'We're now going to draw down a veil of secrecy.'"

Nobody at the hearing questioned the fact that the president was born in Hawaii.

Attorney Peter Fritz asked why the state would pass a law punishing repetitive requests for open records. Instead, the state could simply say it would only answer each person's question once.

If the measure passed, the state Office of Information Practices could declare an individual a "vexatious requester" and restrict rights to government records for two years.

The committee will schedule a vote on the measure, said Chairman Jon Riki Karamatsu, D-Waipahu-Waikele.

The measure is SB2937.

Source: http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/us_obama_birth_certificate

Ant

Edited by Ant+D+BabyA

**Ant's 1432.gif1502.gif "Once Upon An American Immigration Journey" Condensed Timeline...**

2000 (72+ Months) "Loved": Long-Distance Dating Relationship. D Visited Ant in Canada.

2006 (<1 Month) "Visited": Ant Visited D in America. B-2 Visa Port of Entry Interrogation.

2006 (<1 Month) "Married": Wedding Elopement. Husband & Wife, D and Ant !! Together Forever!

2006 ( 3 Months I-485 Wait) "Adjusted": 2-Years Green Card.

2007 ( 2 Months) "Numbered": SSN Card.

2007 (<1 Months) "Licensed": NYS 4-Years Driver's License.

2009 (10 Months I-751 Wait) "Removed": 10-Years 5-Months Green Card.

2009 ( 9 Months Baby Wait) "Expected": Baby. It's a Boy, Baby A !!! We Are Family, Ant+D+BabyA !

2009 ( 4 Months) "Moved": New House Constructed and Moved Into.

2009 ( 2 Months N-400 Wait) "Naturalized": US Citizenship, Certificate of Naturalization. Goodbye USCIS!!!!

***Ant is a Naturalized American Citizen!!***: November 23, 2009 (Private Oath Ceremony: USCIS Office, Buffalo, NY, USA)

2009 (<1 Month) "Secured": US Citizen SSN Card.

2009 (<1 Month) "Enhanced": US Citizen NYS 8-Years Enhanced Driver's License. (in lieu of a US Passport)

2010 ( 1 Month) "Voted": US Citizen NYS Voter's Registration Card.

***~~~"The End...And the Americans, Ant+D+BabyA, lived 'Happily Ever After'!"...~~~***

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

Hi Everyone,

Here is an article online thst I saw this morning, and would like to share with you all on VJ...

Lol....My thoughts: Does it really matter where Obama was born? Really, there should be other things to worry about when it comes to his work as a president...More positive changes need to be done about this country! Still waiting for those changes...... :whistle:

Yes, there are more important matters for the president to address. However, it does matter where the president was born, that is why there are specific rules concerning it. But none of the proof submitted when the president filed to run for president, nor the certification from the state of Hawaii seem to matter to the conspiracy wingnuts.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: New Zealand
Timeline

Attorney Peter Fritz asked why the state would pass a law punishing repetitive requests for open records. Instead, the state could simply say it would only answer each person's question once.

That seems totally legit. If you're going to keep pestering the state for the sake of pestering, you probably should be ignored. If you're a conspiracy theorist, take a break from email, go to the library and check out a book on the Illuminati or something.

I-129F

6 Nov 2009: NOA1

2 March 2010: NOA2 (116 days)

14 April 2010: Interview (159 days) Approved!!

30 April 2010: Married!

AoS

18 May 2010: NOA1 for AoS, EAD and AP

8 June 2010: Case transferred to CSC

10 June 2010: Biometrics completed

31 July 2010: EAD and AP received!

9 Sept. 2010: RFE email for AoS

(RFE for medical. We replied with letter stating that it's not required since done overseas within one year)

18 January 2010: Interview - passed! Card production ordered!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

More nonsense, if Karl Rove could not stop Obama from being elected, nobody else can. Rove has been our supreme dictator for years running this country with only a president and congress as a front.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline

My thoughts: Does it really matter where Obama was born?

What laws of the United States do you think really matter, only those you agree with or all of them?

What to expect at the POE - WIKI entry

IR-1 Timeline IR-1 details in my timeline

N-400 Timeline

2009-08-21 Applied for US Citizenship

2009-08-28 NOA

2009-09-22 Biometrics appointment

2009-12-01 Interview - Approved

2009-12-02 Oath ceremony - now a US Citizen

Timeline

What laws of the United States do you think really matter, only those you agree with or all of them?

Wasn't until 1924 that all Native Americans (Indians) were granted citizenship. Seems strange a 14 year old illegal immigrant can give birth here and that child automatic becomes a USC and fully eligible for Medicaid.

All American men at the age of 18 will be drafted into the armed services unless they were going to Harvard also seemed strange. Sure have enough tax laws. Forcing a US citizen to maintain citizenship in a foreign country so she can visit her mom is also kind of weird. Preventing pharmaceutical companies from studying drugs that were used successfully for thousands of years for medicinal reasons because congress termed them illegal also seems weird. Forefathers were concerned that King George would plant one of his spies in the White House so only wanted a natural born citizen to be permitted to run for president. But they didn't go far enough, Clinton was put in office with the aid of China.

Could write a book on our laws, but really don't have to, 234 years of congress has written volumes of laws. Lawmakers make laws.

Timeline

Wasn't until 1924 that all Native Americans (Indians) were granted citizenship. Seems strange a 14 year old illegal immigrant can give birth here and that child automatic becomes a USC and fully eligible for Medicaid.

All American men at the age of 18 will be drafted into the armed services unless they were going to Harvard also seemed strange. Sure have enough tax laws. Forcing a US citizen to maintain citizenship in a foreign country so she can visit her mom is also kind of weird. Preventing pharmaceutical companies from studying drugs that were used successfully for thousands of years for medicinal reasons because congress termed them illegal also seems weird. Forefathers were concerned that King George would plant one of his spies in the White House so only wanted a natural born citizen to be permitted to run for president. But they didn't go far enough, Clinton was put in office with the aid of China.

Could write a book on our laws, but really don't have to, 234 years of congress has written volumes of laws. Lawmakers make laws.

Indeed there are many laws which seem strange and which are out of date or serve no apparent purpose. However I draw a distinction between saying they don't really matter and by inference can be ignored and taking steps to repeal or amend those laws.

N-400 Timeline

2009-08-28 NOA

Timeline

Indeed there are many laws which seem strange and which are out of date or serve no apparent purpose. However I draw a distinction between saying they don't really matter and by inference can be ignored and taking steps to repeal or amend those laws.

Let's see if I can remember my old civics college course. We have executive orders, that are in effect laws, we have the US Constitution whereby the supreme court cannot make laws, but can interpret the US Constitution most infamously by their 5-4 votes to essentially make new laws, then we have congressional laws, many are made into law without funding for enforcement, illegal immigration is one of the more prominent example of this. Then we have governmental agency laws of which some violate the the US Constitution but are done in favor of National Security. 99.9% of our congressman can't even name all of our 1,525 agencies let alone know what they are doing.

Then we have state laws, one nation, but 50 different states, each with their own set of laws or state statues as they call them. Then county, township, city, and neighborhood laws where the latter dictates whether you can leave your garage door opened or the maximum length your dog leash can be. If a minor, also your home laws, or simply just a spouse.

It was really nice studying my civics test with my wife, to remember how great and simple this country once was, kind of sneaks up on you. Was wondering why our state forbid the use of sending text messages with a new law when we already have a law forbidding the use of a cell phone while driving. Must be another means of sending text messages without a cell phone I haven't heard about.

Timeline

Let's see if I can remember my old civics college course. <snipped>

I think you are saying that those laws you don't think are necessary can be ignored. I not sure if that is the case as your post was hard to discern what the actual point was. But if that is correct I hoped you hold the right of anyone who disagrees with laws that might effect you to ignore those. Like I said before if laws are bad do something about them.

N-400 Timeline

2009-08-28 NOA

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Romania
Timeline

Hi Everyone,

Really, there should be other things to worry about when it comes to his work as a president...

Uhmmm yeah, like...experience on the Resume concerning the job position he applied for :rofl:

More positive changes need to be done about this country! Still waiting for those changes......

I do think it matters and very much so, where one is born in order to become a president of a country. It's a very vast subject to go into but i'll leave it as an opinion for now :). If we go into politics, we'll never ever end this thread, I promise you that :lol:

Edited by ziia

New Citizen of the United States and Proud of it!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Italy
Timeline

Forcing a US citizen to maintain citizenship in a foreign country so she can visit her mom is also kind of weird.

Wow! You still don't get it, do you?

It is not the US Government who's forcing your wife to maintain her Colombian citizenship to go to Colombia.

It's the Colombian Government. And not even that. She has the option to renounce and only be a US citizen.

The US Government granted US citizenship to your wife. It has no power to strip her Colombian citizenship.

AOS:

RD: 6/21/06

Biometrics: 7/25/06

ID: 10/24/06 - Approved

Conditional GC Received: 11/3/06

I-751

RD: 7/31/08

NOA 1: 8/6/08

Biometrics: 8/26/08

Transferred to CSC: 2/25/09

Approved: 4/23/09 (email received)

Card mailed: 4/28/09 (email received)

Card Received: 5/1/09

N-400

RD & PD: 7/28/09

NOA 1: 8/1/09

Biometric appt: 8/12/09

Interview Letter received: 10/02/09 (notice dated 09/29)

Interview Date: 11/10/09 at Federal Plaza in Manhattan

Oath Letter: 11/10/09

Oath Date: 11/13/09 - Special ceremony at USS Intrepid - Done - USC

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Italy
Timeline

About Obama: as much as I dislike his policies, I think these people should focus on highlighting his bad decision. There's plenty of work about that.

Instead they keep making themselves looking like fools.

Also, I believe Obama was born in Hawaii. But why don't they finally show some paperwork? So everybody is happy and we can go ahead with our lives?

AOS:

RD: 6/21/06

Biometrics: 7/25/06

ID: 10/24/06 - Approved

Conditional GC Received: 11/3/06

I-751

RD: 7/31/08

NOA 1: 8/6/08

Biometrics: 8/26/08

Transferred to CSC: 2/25/09

Approved: 4/23/09 (email received)

Card mailed: 4/28/09 (email received)

Card Received: 5/1/09

N-400

RD & PD: 7/28/09

NOA 1: 8/1/09

Biometric appt: 8/12/09

Interview Letter received: 10/02/09 (notice dated 09/29)

Interview Date: 11/10/09 at Federal Plaza in Manhattan

Oath Letter: 11/10/09

Oath Date: 11/13/09 - Special ceremony at USS Intrepid - Done - USC

Timeline

Wow! You still don't get it, do you?

It is not the US Government who's forcing your wife to maintain her Colombian citizenship to go to Colombia.

It's the Colombian Government. And not even that. She has the option to renounce and only be a US citizen.

The US Government granted US citizenship to your wife. It has no power to strip her Colombian citizenship.

USA prints the US Passport, not the Colombian government, and renouncing doesn't do a thing as long as her country of birth is printed by our government. I do agree with you, I don't get it.

A year ago with that 600 buck Bush rebate, our daughter we claimed as a dependent was over 18 so we could not get that 600 bucks for her, and while she earned over 3,000 bucks with a part time job, barely enough to fill her gas tank each week, she couldn't get it either because someone else claimed her as a dependent. Wrote both Obey and Feingold on this both replied and said it was wrong. But still no 600 bucks yet.

Age 18 is the cutoff for tailgating on her mom's USC, but 21 is the cutoff for a US citizen to sponsor a kid, USCIS can't even define an age where a kid is considered an adult, but fee wise, definitely to their advantage.

There is only one of me, but hundreds if not thousands of government laws and agencies to deal with and all this is in addition to trying to earn a living. Took me over week to collect sales tax for the state and don't even get paid for that. Then another week to do my state and federal income taxes. When I had that tax audit, the state new more about my finances than I did, could only reply, why do you put me through all this, just send me the bill. Don't even have to mention how redundant the USCIS is. And what's all this nonsense about a paper reduction act?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.