cashel

I need help please!!!

7 posts in this topic

Hi Everybody

The 90 days before the expiration of my conditional residency start this weekend. So I have to send my I-751 to remove my conditional status from my residency. I am feeling stressed with this process and i really need your help!!!!I am navigating this process on my own with no attorneys help. so you guys are my lawyers!.....My questions are...........

1. Is there a special format that I need to use when writing my cover letter? Should the cover letter contain a table of contents?

2. Should I give an explaination in my cover letter of the documentation that I am including.

3. How many pictures should I include? I want to layout pictures on legal paper and write something about the picture below. Is this a good format?

4. Other formating tips specifically how to bind the documents when sending them in? staples? large clips?

Thank you very much for help and ideas I really appreciate your comments

Cashel

Hi Everybody

The 90 days before the expiration of my conditional residency start this weekend. So I have to send my I-751 to remove my conditional status from my residency. I am feeling stressed with this process and i really need your help!!!!I am navigating this process on my own with no attorneys help. so you guys are my lawyers!.....My questions are...........

1. Is there a special format that I need to use when writing my cover letter? Should the cover letter contain a table of contents?

2. Should I give an explaination in my cover letter of the documentation that I am including.

3. How many pictures should I include? I want to layout pictures on legal paper and write something about the picture below. Is this a good format?

4. Other formating tips specifically how to bind the documents when sending them in? staples? large clips?

Cashel

Hi Cashel,

Before I answer your questions, I have two question for you.

1. Are you still married?

2. Are you still living with your spouse?

IF you answer Yes to both these questions, then you shouldn't worry too much about this process.

Now, to answer your questions.

1 & 2. There is an example cover letter on VJ http://www.visajourney.com/examples/Cover_...r_for_I-751.doc

It should provide you with an idea how write it.

3. Here is what I did for my pictures. I sent a page per each event that occurred in the past two years for my wife and I. We arranged them in power point and the page was landscape layout with 4 pictures per page, with a page title and captions for each picture. We included around 23 pages. Printed of course in color.

As long as you provide good pictures and have them nice and organized, then it should be fine.

4. We didn't include any paper clips or anything... Just stapled the statements so the pages don't get mixed.

If you write what evidence you are planning on sending, then some members could suggest other things or give you the thumbs up that it is a good list.

N-400 Naturalization Timeline

06/28/11 .. Mailed N-400 package via Priority mail with delivery confirmation

06/30/11 .. Package Delivered to Dallas Lockbox

07/06/11 .. Received e-mail notification of application acceptance

07/06/11 .. Check cashed

07/08/11 .. Received NOA letter

07/29/11 .. Received text/e-mail for biometrics notice

08/03/11 .. Received Biometrics letter - scheduled for 8/24/11

08/04/11 .. Walk-in finger prints done.

08/08/11 .. Received text/e-mail: Placed in line for interview scheduling

09/12/11 .. Received Yellow letter dated 9/7/11

09/13/11 .. Received text/e-mail: Interview scheduled

09/16/11 .. Received interview letter

10/19/11 .. Interview - PASSED

10/20/11 .. Received text/email: Oath scheduled

10/22/11 .. Received OATH letter

11/09/11 .. Oath ceremony

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
Hi Everybody

The example listed above is fine. For ours we just made a basic statement that we were submitting the I-751 and the enclosed documents to remove the conditions on my residency, and both of us signed it. I included a separate Table of Contents listing everything in order. I divided the evidence up into obvious categories, eg financial, joint ownership, residence, family, travel, etc.

It isn't necessary to give an explanation if you are including some sort of list or table of contents. You could state that you are providing evidence that covers the whole period of your marriage, but if they wish to see more please let you know and you would be happy to provide it or a general statement like that.

That sounds good to me. There are many different formats. I wrote on each one what it was, when it was, where it was and who was in it and included them in the appropriate category (eg - travel included photographs of us with each of our families at Christmas showing the dates we travelled, etc.) Whatever works best for you should be fine. You don't need a lot of photographs - I think we had 12 or 13 in all.

I used the ACCO fastener system, punching 2 holes at the top and then putting a divider sheet in front of each section also listing what was in that section. Large clips also work. Basically, they will take your application apart and put it into ACCO type of folders at USCIS (I got to see my file at my citizenship interview and that is what they had done) so if you make it easy to do that it should work. Be sure to write your name and A number on the top of every page just in case the application comes apart at some time. That way they will know with which folder the evidence belongs.

Good luck. You have time - your window of opportunity has just opened so don't panic. You'll be fine :yes: .

Cashel

Edited by Kathryn41

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Don't know how you do it Kathryn41.....answering the same questions over and over because people are too lazy to use the existing resources on VJ. Much time has been put into GUIDES, FAQs, and SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO many posts on all these questions that how you don't get frustrated is beyond me.

This rant isn't aimed at this OP in particular, rather just a general statement. Also pretty sure "v333k" & "Yurika & Jim" are seeking a promotion inside VJ.

guides6ly.gifguides6ly.gifguides6ly.gifguides6ly.gifguides6ly.gifguides6ly.gifguides6ly.gifguides6ly.gif

Edited by elguevon

Application For Naturalization (N-400)

01/10/2013 - Packet Sent to Phoenix Lockbox

01/16/2013 - NOA & Check Cashed

02/06/2013 - Biometrics Appt

04/16/2013 - Interview - Approval Recommendation!

04/23/2013 - Placed in the Oath Ceremony Queue

05/16/2013 - Received letter showing Oath Ceremony date

06/12/2013 - Oath Ceremony

06/12/2013 - U.S. Citizen!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
Don't know how you do it Kathryn41.....answering the same questions over and over because people are too lazy to use the existing resources on VJ. Much time has been put into GUIDES, FAQs, and SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO many posts on all these questions that how you don't get frustrated is beyond me.

This rant isn't aimed at this OP in particular, rather just a general statement. Also pretty sure "v333k" & "Yurika & Jim" are seeking a promotion inside VJ.

guides6ly.gifguides6ly.gifguides6ly.gifguides6ly.gifguides6ly.gifguides6ly.gifguides6ly.gifguides6ly.gif

I remember what it was like to feel overwhelmed and frustrated and not having anywhere to turn :) . Yes, sometimes it is because people are too lazy to read the guides or do the research for themselves, but I suspect a lot of times it is really because they truly don't know where to start. Sometimes you can become so confused by the information overload that having a specific answer for your question provides enough of a starting block for you to stand on that you are able to start making sense of all of the other information. I don't which is which so I just operate on the premise that they are all just looking for that first toe-hold to try and make sense of it all - and go from there. I scoured the forms and instructions when I was still going through the process and even then I had questions and - not being a member of VJ until shortly before my AOS was approved - had nowhere to turn. If I had had someone I could ask for clarification or even just affirmation of what I thought was meant I know that my frustration level would have been significantly less. So, that is how and why I try to answer the questions when they come up again and again :) . They may be repeats for me, but they are brand new for the person asking them.

Hi Kathryn41...Thank you very much for your answer, it was really helpful for me...i really appreciate your time!.

Cashel

You're welcome :) .

Edited by Kathryn41

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

QUOTE (elguevon @ Mar 13 2010, 07:23 PM) Don't know how you do it Kathryn41.....answering the same questions over and over because people are too lazy to use the existing resources on VJ. Much time has been put into GUIDES, FAQs, and SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO many posts on all these questions that how you don't get frustrated is beyond me.

I remember what it was like to feel overwhelmed and frustrated and not having anywhere to turn smile.gif . Yes, sometimes it is because people are too lazy to read the guides or do the research for themselves, but I suspect a lot of times it is really because they truly don't know where to start. Sometimes you can become so confused by the information overload that having a specific answer for your question provides enough of a starting block for you to stand on that you are able to start making sense of all of the other information. I don't which is which so I just operate on the premise that they are all just looking for that first toe-hold to try and make sense of it all - and go from there. I scoured the forms and instructions when I was still going through the process and even then I had questions and - not being a member of VJ until shortly before my AOS was approved - had nowhere to turn. If I had had someone I could ask for clarification or even just affirmation of what I thought was meant I know that my frustration level would have been significantly less. So, that is how and why I try to answer the questions when they come up again and again smile.gif . They may be repeats for me, but they are brand new for the person asking them.

I agree with Kathryn. Removal of condition is such an important step that people want to ensure that THEY DONT SCREW IT UP.

Even if it means asking the same redundant question, over and over and over.lol

Give em a break Elguevon, life is not the serious.

Employment Authorization Document

Filing Method : Overnight Mail via USPS

Date Filed : 12-12-07

NOA Date : 12-21-07

Bio. Appt. : 01-09-08

Approved Date : 02-13-08

Date Card Received : 02-13-08

I-130 Sent : 12-12-07

I-130 NOA1 : 12-21-07

I-130 Approved : 03-11-08

Adjustment of Status

CIS Office : Salt Lake City UT

Date Filed : 12-12-07

NOA Date : 12-21-07

Bio. Appt. : 01-09-08

Interview Date : 03-11-08

Approved : 03-11-08

Green Card Recieved: 03-24-08

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.