Hopeful123

Help!!!! I-751 still pending after interview

9 posts in this topic

Had interview after joint filing. It appeared to go fine, but its been 30 days since the interview and no decision. I went into infopass to check on status. Lady told me my interview was scheduled at the wrong Field Office and my file was transferred to the field office closer to my home. Has this ever happenend to anyone????? Went to the field office where my my case was forwarded and they told me that they did not have my file. They check the records and its said my case was in litigation. Can someone tell me what this means? I called the 800 number and demanded I speak to a supervisor to tell me what was going on. Supervisor told me my case does have a litigationt status against it and that my case was fine. She assured me that I did not need to hire a lawyer. She said they send cases to their lawyers for review from time to time. I am very frustrated!!!!!!!Can someone tell me what the heck is going on???????? Help!!!!

Had interview after joint filing. It appeared to go fine, but its been 30 days since the interview and no decision. I went into infopass to check on status. Lady told me my interview was scheduled at the wrong Field Office and my file was transferred to the field office closer to my home. Has this ever happenend to anyone????? Went to the field office where my my case was forwarded and they told me that they did not have my file. They check the records and its said my case was in litigation. Can someone tell me what this means? I called the 800 number and demanded I speak to a supervisor to tell me what was going on. Supervisor told me my case does have a litigationt status against it and that my case was fine. She assured me that I did not need to hire a lawyer. She said they send cases to their lawyers for review from time to time. I am very frustrated!!!!!!!Can someone tell me what the heck is going on???????? Help!!!!

Welcome to VJ!

These things happen with USCIS and there are many stories shared here with so many different scenarios and weird things that occurred to filers.

Can you provide a timeline on when you filed and how long you have been waiting?

One option you have is to contact your congressman and ask him/her to look into it for you. They can't ask for approval but they can provide you with some sort of answer that is pretty much close to what idiotic things is happening with USCIS's system. There is no need for a lawyer since you filed jointly and there shouldn't be any worry on your end to receive a denial. As long as you are still married and have shown a good-faith marriage, then there is no problem.

I will try to find the thread from one of the members who shared his experience with contacting his congressman and I will point you to it.

N-400 Naturalization Timeline

06/28/11 .. Mailed N-400 package via Priority mail with delivery confirmation

06/30/11 .. Package Delivered to Dallas Lockbox

07/06/11 .. Received e-mail notification of application acceptance

07/06/11 .. Check cashed

07/08/11 .. Received NOA letter

07/29/11 .. Received text/e-mail for biometrics notice

08/03/11 .. Received Biometrics letter - scheduled for 8/24/11

08/04/11 .. Walk-in finger prints done.

08/08/11 .. Received text/e-mail: Placed in line for interview scheduling

09/12/11 .. Received Yellow letter dated 9/7/11

09/13/11 .. Received text/e-mail: Interview scheduled

09/16/11 .. Received interview letter

10/19/11 .. Interview - PASSED

10/20/11 .. Received text/email: Oath scheduled

10/22/11 .. Received OATH letter

11/09/11 .. Oath ceremony

Hey

Firstly, try not to overly worry at this stage. I too had an interview and still not received anything since. I got approved at the interview but still no letter or GC. Although in my case the IO did tell me at my interview that it may take some time as my other file was at a different office and they cant submit the approval until they get the other file so they may attach the files together. Its been over 30 days now.

If you are planning on applying for naturalization then just wait and apply. Your still in status and if your interview went fine you probably approved your just stuck in the 'administration' part of the USCIS system which has no defiant timeline. As for the helpline they wont research your case until after 90 days from interview. I hope you receive your letter soon. :thumbs:

Filed: Other Timeline

Here's my advice: chill and do what it is you do day in day out. In a few weeks your 10-year Green Card will be in the mail (watch for an envelope that looks like spam and begs to be thrown unopened into the trash!) and you wonder why you went gaga over nothing.

Relax.

There is no room in this country for hyphenated Americanism. When I refer to hyphenated Americans, I do not refer to naturalized Americans. Some of the very best Americans I have ever known were naturalized Americans, Americans born abroad. But a hyphenated American is not an American at all . . . . The one absolutely certain way of bringing this nation to ruin, of preventing all possibility of its continuing to be a nation at all, would be to permit it to become a tangle of squabbling nationalities, an intricate knot of German-Americans, Irish-Americans, English-Americans, French-Americans, Scandinavian-Americans or Italian-Americans, each preserving its separate nationality, each at heart feeling more sympathy with Europeans of that nationality, than with the other citizens of the American Republic . . . . There is no such thing as a hyphenated American who is a good American. The only man who is a good American is the man who is an American and nothing else.

President Teddy Roosevelt on Columbus Day 1915

Hey

Firstly, try not to overly worry at this stage. I too had an interview and still not received anything since. I got approved at the interview but still no letter or GC. Although in my case the IO did tell me at my interview that it may take some time as my other file was at a different office and they cant submit the approval until they get the other file so they may attach the files together. Its been over 30 days now.

If you are planning on applying for naturalization then just wait and apply. Your still in status and if your interview went fine you probably approved your just stuck in the 'administration' part of the USCIS system which has no defiant timeline. As for the helpline they wont research your case until after 90 days from interview. I hope you receive your letter soon. :thumbs:

Thanks for the reassurance. Let me know when you get your Green Card. Up to now, nothing. The interview was done at the South Florida Office. The wait and anxiety is very burdensome. It's frustrating knowing that an individual or individuals have your life at their disposition. I would compare it to trial verdict. I just wish this whole process was over.

Thanks for the reassurance. Let me know when you get your Green Card. Up to now, nothing. The interview was done at the South Florida Office. The wait and anxiety is very burdensome. It's frustrating knowing that an individual or individuals have your life at their disposition. I would compare it to trial verdict. I just wish this whole process was over.

I HEAR YOU THERE !! LOL... We probably had out interview at the same office then!! :whistle:

• 2 months later...

i had a i-751 waiver interview and the Immigration Officer approved my i-751 at the interview but i haven't received my biometric letter. I suppose to receive biometric letter first before the i-751 approved at tinterview. My i-751 waiver approved on Feb 4, 2010 at federal plaza, NY.and Immigration Officer stamped my passport IR-6 and Immigration officer took my fingerprint and 2 pictures and signature to create 10 years green card.I haven't received my permanent green card yet ,100 days passed. I just got a letter from 26 federal plaza G-56. they send me another appointment for next week at the same Federal Plaza and same officer, Please tell me that why they send me second appointment letter, i have been approved already and Officer stamped my passport already, please I need your help...

The appointment letter which is G-56 says that the reason for appointment for form I-751 and it says that bring with you passport and ID and green card which is I haven't received yet. i don't know what to do???

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.