zaytoona

Affidavit of support-Icome from 2009 or 2010?

2 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Hi everyone,

I am ready to fill out form I-134 and I have a few questions.

First, last year I didn't work all of January and was hired on February 2nd, 2009. I started off working part-time and after 2 months I received a raise and was promoted to full-time Status. This year I (February 2nd, 2010) I had my first yearly review and I received another raise and also a bonus check. My questions are this:

1. On question 7, should I put my current status(salary) as what I will be making for 2010 or should I include my entire salary last year? Either way, I will still make more than 125% of the poverty guidelines, although it would be nice to show that I make more now.

2. If I DO include my income as of 2010, should I include my bonus check? Let's say I now make $30,000 a year with a bonus check of $5,000. Should I put down that I make $35,000?

3. My HR manager will write a letter stating my income as of 2010, including a bonus of X amount. She will mention that I was hired on as a part-time employee but was promoted to full-time with a raise. Let's say the answer to my first question turns out to be that I have to include LAST YEAR's (2009) salary on question 7, will this letter contradict that?

Thank you for your time. I look forward to all that everyone has to say.

Edited by zaytoona
moroccantea.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.