emilyjane13

Super stressed.

5 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

Okay.

So the NVC has taken a month to actually send out the package. We called, then we got an email to enquire. So they just sent us the package via email.

Sigh. So our petition expires on the 9th of may, I don't know if have enough time to get police check and medical documents.

How long does it take them to issue the interview? Is it instantly or?.....

Can't believe we've been waiting months then we're expected to do so much in such a little time frame *sigh*

:( :( :(

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Croatia
Timeline

As long as your case is hands of USCIS, NVC or a Consulate/Embassy, nothing will expire.

NVC can take a lot longer than just one month, too. You will have time to get all your paperwork done or, if that fails, you can always ask for the interview to be rescheduled.

I-129F Sent: Aug 20th 2008

Interview Date: April 8th 2009, 10:30 - APPROVED!

K-1 Visa Received: April 9th 2009

POE: Aug 8th 2009, Minneapolis

Wedding: Aug 28th 2009

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Our I-129f was approved in 107 days from our NOA1 date.

Our I-129f was approved in 114 days from our filing date.

Our case spent 52 days being chewed by NVC.

Our interview took 224 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

AOS, AP, EAD filed: Oct 15th 2009

Biometrics: Nov 24th 2009

AP received: Dec 14th 2009

EAD received: Dec 17th 2009

Green Card received: Dec 18th 2009

http://www.badgerella.com/forum

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Australia
Timeline

Hey Emily - take a look at this thread. I can't help because I don't know the K1 process but for PCC it's about 2 weeks and medicals will depend on which state you're in but this thread does have approximate times for appointments from the various states. Best of luck ... :star:

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=206016

OUR JOURNEY SO FAR: (dd/mm/yyyy)

18/09/09 - CR1 NOA1

16/07/10 - POE LAX (256 days NOA1 to interview)

27/09/10 - Aussie/American bun in the oven due May 10, 2011

06/01/11 - Submitted change of address online to USCIS. Mailed I-865 for sponsor. Neverending!

05/05/11 - Bouncing baby boy arrives

10/07/12 - Sent I-751

13/07/12 - I-751 NOA1

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

The embassy will extend the expiration for the petition. If you are talking about getting a police clearance from a country in which the benificiary spent more than 6 months since the age of 18 then you could have applied for that already.The embassy will consider it valid for 1 year. It depends what country as to how long it will take, if it is even nessesary, but you should check the reciprocity tables to make sure. http://travel.state.gov/visa/frvi/reciproc...ocity_3272.html It took us 4 months to get police cert. from lebanon, but most other countries are alot faster than that. Also, if not in English, it will have to be translated into English. On the other hand, if you are talking about a police clearance from the benificiarys own country, (Australia) then it shouldn't take long to get. Also you should visit the embassy website to find out more about how long it takes to schedual an interview there, however, I would suggest you have all the documents you need before doing so. Good luck. Mari-Joe

Vermont Service Center Consulate: manila, philippinesI-129F Sent : 2009-03-23 I-129F NOA1: 2009-03-25 I-129F NOA2 : 2009-09-02

NVC Received : 2009-09-04 NVC Left : 2009-10-07 Consulate Received : 2009-10-15

interview date: 2009-11-05 APPROVED!! Thank you Jesus!!

AOS

I-485 sent 2010-08-02, NOA 2010-12-02

I-765 sent 2010-08-02, NOA 2010-12-02

I-131 sent 2010-08-02, NOA 2010-12-02

Transfered to CSC 2010-26-02 Biometrics 2010-03-03

http://www.philippineconsulate-sf.org/dual...nship_faq.htm#1

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline
Okay.

So the NVC has taken a month to actually send out the package. We called, then we got an email to enquire. So they just sent us the package via email.

Sigh. So our petition expires on the 9th of may, I don't know if have enough time to get police check and medical documents.

How long does it take them to issue the interview? Is it instantly or?.....

Can't believe we've been waiting months then we're expected to do so much in such a little time frame *sigh*

:( :( :(

As stated, your petition will now no longer "expire" because it's already approved. Did you see if there was a date on the NOA2 or is this the date you're referring to. I didn't have any idea (and still don't) about when my stuff expires/expired. I can't think of ANY posts where it was an issue.

In terms of "length of time" to do stuff, it depends on what state you're in.

In Vic (where I'm from) the police check took about 2 weeks. Medical too MAYBE 10 days (to get the results). To book the medical it was the following week from when i called (but then there were 2 docs and now they're one .. or was when I last checked). I had P3 sent off in a month (mostly waiting for my then fiance's I-134 actually I think it was).

So my advice is, now that you've got your NOA2 make sure he sends you the I-134 and his info for that. Also you can have a read of the K1 thread in my signature, and ask questions to the Aussies in the Aussie chat thread in my signature. A lot of info is Aussie specific because we process differently. In the K1 thread there's also a post that explains (in detail) what P3 asks you for so you can start getting all that stuff ready.

In fact, you can apply for your police check now, and call the panel doc in your area to find out if he needs the case number when you do the medical, I didn't and I know some other people in Qld didn't either.

Best of luck :)

**Edited to add.. the PP mentioned interview. WE don't book it, the embassy does. You send in the docs for P3 and they send you P4 which is your interview date and also a checklist for anything else they require (the express post envelope and visa payment are 2 things). You typically get that around 3 days (usually less) after they RECEIVE P3 at the embassy and the interview is booked around 3 weeks from the date of P4.

Also re police checks, only if you've been out of your country of birth in another country for TWELVE months, not 6 is a police check required for that country. This does not include the US.

Edited by Vanessa&Tony

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.