HandA

NVC phone number always busy???

10 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

Hello Dear VJers,

I am trying to call NVC's 603-334--0700 to check on my NOA2 but this number has been busy all morining and there is now weblink to check a status of NOA2. Are other alternative to check NOA2 status at NVC? Why don't they just create a link on their website where we can check the status of NOA2? It doesn't seem to be too much of a big deal to do this, or is it? :innocent::innocent::blush:

Thanks in advance for any advice...

HandA

Hello Dear VJers,

I am trying to call NVC's 603-334--0700 to check on my NOA2 but this number has been busy all morining and there is now weblink to check a status of NOA2. Are other alternative to check NOA2 status at NVC? Why don't they just create a link on their website where we can check the status of NOA2? It doesn't seem to be too much of a big deal to do this, or is it? :innocent::innocent::blush:

Thanks in advance for any advice...

HandA

You can set up an account to check the status. The bad news is that sometimes the updates are a little slow. We have been married a year and our status is still pending on the system. Also, the info you get on the phone is scripted, and sometimes wrong.

3dflags_ukr0001-0001a.gif3dflags_usa0001-0001a.gif

Travelers - not tourists

Friday.gif

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
You can set up an account to check the status. The bad news is that sometimes the updates are a little slow. We have been married a year and our status is still pending on the system. Also, the info you get on the phone is scripted, and sometimes wrong.

No, NVC has not online system to check status. You are referring to USCIS.

Don't expect any online service from NVC. If you want to reach them, call during off hours like late at night.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: New Zealand
Timeline

I called the NVC this morning, and it was busy the first time. The second call (about 8:45 EST) got through, and I was on hold for about 25 minutes before I was told that it wasn't there yet. D'oh! I only waited 6 days before calling, though.

Good luck to you.

I-129F

6 Nov 2009: NOA1

2 March 2010: NOA2 (116 days)

14 April 2010: Interview (159 days) Approved!!

30 April 2010: Married!

AoS

18 May 2010: NOA1 for AoS, EAD and AP

8 June 2010: Case transferred to CSC

10 June 2010: Biometrics completed

31 July 2010: EAD and AP received!

9 Sept. 2010: RFE email for AoS

(RFE for medical. We replied with letter stating that it's not required since done overseas within one year)

18 January 2010: Interview - passed! Card production ordered!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline
I called the NVC this morning, and it was busy the first time. The second call (about 8:45 EST) got through, and I was on hold for about 25 minutes before I was told that it wasn't there yet. D'oh! I only waited 6 days before calling, though.

Good luck to you.

Oh, 25 minuted on hold and to tell you that your case isn't there yet is rediculous... Anyway, are all NOA2 notices generically the same? Mine says that my petition has been approved and forewarded to the cousulate listed. It doesn't say it was forwarded to the NVC. Is this another improvement the NVC needs to work? I mean they could make this process a bit user-friendly, after all it costing us $455 just for the 129-F application... :blink:

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: New Zealand
Timeline
Oh, 25 minuted on hold and to tell you that your case isn't there yet is rediculous... Anyway, are all NOA2 notices generically the same? Mine says that my petition has been approved and forewarded to the cousulate listed. It doesn't say it was forwarded to the NVC. Is this another improvement the NVC needs to work? I mean they could make this process a bit user-friendly, after all it costing us $455 just for the 129-F application... :blink:

Yeah, mine says the same. I think they just say that because the residence time at NVC is so short before they stamp it and send it off to the consulate. Ah well, it is what it is.

I-129F

6 Nov 2009: NOA1

2 March 2010: NOA2 (116 days)

14 April 2010: Interview (159 days) Approved!!

30 April 2010: Married!

AoS

18 May 2010: NOA1 for AoS, EAD and AP

8 June 2010: Case transferred to CSC

10 June 2010: Biometrics completed

31 July 2010: EAD and AP received!

9 Sept. 2010: RFE email for AoS

(RFE for medical. We replied with letter stating that it's not required since done overseas within one year)

18 January 2010: Interview - passed! Card production ordered!

No, NVC has not online system to check status. You are referring to USCIS.

Don't expect any online service from NVC. If you want to reach them, call during off hours like late at night.

Absolutely correct - I was confusing the two. Sorry to the OP

3dflags_ukr0001-0001a.gif3dflags_usa0001-0001a.gif

Travelers - not tourists

Friday.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

The best time to call NVC is after 10pm EST. At least thats what worked for me. All the Best.

Nwanyioma

AOS Timeline
7-23-2010 AOS package mailed priority via USPS to Chicago Lockbox (expected delivery date 7-26-2010)
7-27-2010 AOS package delivered
8-3-2010 NOA 1 AOS/EAD/AP (received hard copy NOA 1's in mailbox 8-7-2010)
8-6-2010 AOS/EAD/AP Touched
8-9-2010 AOS/EAD/AP Touched
9-15-2010 Biometrics walk-in at Alexandria,VA ASC(original appointment date 10-5-2010)
9-15-2010 AOS/EAD Touched
9-16-2010 AOS/EAD Touched
9-22-2010 EAD/AP Touched
9-22-2010 EAD card production ordered. Approved!!!!!
9-23-2010 EAD/AP Touched
9-30-2010 EAD received in mail
10-4-2010 Received interview letter in the mail
11-9-2010 AOS interview 11:00am in Baltimore, Maryland
11-9-2010 Greencard approved!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
The best time to call NVC is after 10pm EST. At least thats what worked for me. All the Best.

Nwanyioma

This may be of no help, but I received a letter today from NVC stating, with in one week my petition would be sent to the appropriate visa-issuing post where your interview will take place.

At USCIS I got NOA2 approval Feb26 and received hard copy from NVC today Mar8. So you may find it unnecessary to sign up for updates or contact anyone, as it will pass through rather quickly. Good luck.

I-129f
11-03-2009 I-129F Sent out to VSC via USPS.
11-17-09 Check Cashed.
11-23-2009 NOA-1 Hard copy received.
2-26-2010 NOA-2 on USCIS Dashboard.
03-02-2010 NVC recieved our petition.
03-08-2010 NOA-2 hard copy received
03-08-2010 Snail mail notice from NVC
03-14-2010 Called Manila Embassy and scheduled interview.
03-15-2010 Fiancee going to apply for JP police certificate(race to get before interview).
4-6-2010 Fiancee went for first day at St. Lukes medical (please no sputum test).
4-7-2010 Medical complete all was successful. :D
4-20-2010 Police certificate received.
04-29-2010 Approved!!!
05-5-2010 Visa delivered.
05-7-2010 Cfo seminar complete/sticker received.
05-24-2010 POE Detroit. :D
06-08-2010 Married. :D

AOS
07-27-2010 Packet sent USPS.
08-08-2010 NOA1 I-485,I-765 arrive via usps.
09-?-? Forget the date but EAD and Interview notice received.
10-19-2010 Interview scheduled.
10-19-2010 AOS approved. :D
10-28-2010 Green Card received. :D (nothing to do but live for 2 years :D)

I-751
10-01-2012 Packet sent USPS.

Citizenship oath taken:. 2014-07-18

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

I received my NOA2 notice via email on February 26th and I finally called NVC this morning to check on my case. I called around 10:45 AM EST and I must of called AT LEAST 20 times before getting through to a line. I just kept on hearing a busy signal before I heard the automated system kick in. I expected this so I wasn't that annoyed. I finally got a hold of an operator after being on hold for 9 minutes and I was notified that my case was received on March 4th and that my case will be forwarded to the US Consulate in Casablanca in "a week or so." I guess I should be waiting for a notice from NVC via snail mail indicating when my case has left? Either way, I will call next Monday to check on the status. :)

moroccantea.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.