Kimbear

todays youngins / govt etc.

16 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

In retort to Ruth the plitician who says by not changing the words to the anthem is considered still violence against women, at least thats what it sounded like she was saying.

i just dont get it. can't they see most of the world has .... evolved ( the proper word escapes me atm) to the point where we dont care about trivial things like the word sons in an anthem anymore? i personally dont care about it, it's a word..whoopity doo. yes i thank the previous generations for making life easier for us women, however tbh. i'm of the old mentality of that i want to be in the kitchen cooking cleaning and taking care of kids while my husband is at work.

yes yes i know omg that goes against every feminist view blah blah blah..

here are my facts. i'm a women and damn proud of it. Im glad i can get a job and make as much money as i can and spend it on myself etc. make my own decisions vote (even if it does jack to get harper gone already grr).

BUTTTT, i'm of the old mentality that when i get married and have a family, i want / need to be home with the kids, and i dont mind being the housewife cookign cleaning etc.

There is a reason to my madness, and it has to do with alot of the kids i see nowadays. Now dont get me wrong, i'm not smacking anyone down or saying ppl are bad parents, HOWEVER i can say that nowadays, the kids dont have proper manners or anything like they used to. take my neighbours for instance, young college age kids in their 20's.

And yet they were the most rude disrespectful jerks i've ever seen in my life. Telling my 55 year old neighbour to go ** his dog, calling me a stupid b1tch, becuz we didnt' like their parties or yelling / screaming at all hours of the night. Now this is just one example of many. But almost everday i watch as the younger generation walks around thinking the world owes them evertying, and not bothering to work for anything.

imo its due to the fact that most parents stick their kids in daycares and maybe see them a grand total of 5 hours a week becuz they are so concerned with their careers. i mean between someone else raising yoru kid or the tv what do you expect?

the only time i have seen the opposite, is when i lived in the rural areas west of ottawa. i've lived all over quebec, and lived near toronto, and ottawa. and for the most part it's the same.

now what the govt should do instead of wating money on changign anthems, money etc. is do something to help parents spend time at home with the kids. like what happend to reducing the work week to 4 days from 5? or something similar.

sorry for the random vent this am. this is not aimed at anyone directly, it just ticked me off and my mind started going and well this was what spat out of that mind of mine lol. I know most ppl are good parents, in fact i've seen that with most of you that have children, and i compliment you on that. so please dont kill me after this :)

HWDWm6.png

Timeline
There is a reason to my madness, and it has to do with alot of the kids i see nowadays. Now dont get me wrong, i'm not smacking anyone down or saying ppl are bad parents, HOWEVER i can say that nowadays, the kids dont have proper manners or anything like they used to. take my neighbours for instance, young college age kids in their 20's.

And yet they were the most rude disrespectful jerks i've ever seen in my life. Telling my 55 year old neighbour to go ** his dog, calling me a stupid b1tch, becuz we didnt' like their parties or yelling / screaming at all hours of the night. Now this is just one example of many. But almost everday i watch as the younger generation walks around thinking the world owes them evertying, and not bothering to work for anything.

Find me a generation that DOESN'T think this about the generation younger than them. I don't think there is anything particularly wrong about my generation (I'm 23), I think the things about us that have annoyed you are indicators of simple youth-mindedness, not of a systemically failing generation.

But again, find me a generation that doesn't think the kids after them are lazy and insolent, and then we'll talk.

Met: December 2009

Married: April 2015

Received CR-1 visa: February 2017

POE (as IR-1): April 2017

Oath ceremony: November 2020

I understand what you're saying, Kimbear, but I tend to agree with JlovesA: each generation has said, "Kids these days!" I think bad / distracted parenting is more common than in prior generations, and I get the sense that generally kids are more rude and disrespectful in this day and age. BUT...generalizations usually do a disservice to the countless people who buck those trends.

This might sound like a weird analogy, but think of the evolution of the human race as a glacier: to the naked eye, the surface never moves and things are the same as they ever were. But if a person took a look at where the glacier was twenty years earlier, he would say, "Wow, look at where it used to be!" We're kinda like that. We move ahead in all ways laterally, constantly progressing, but it doesn't FEEL like we're progressing. It's only when we stop and realize that Hey! The internet didn't publicly exist twenty years ago. Life expectancy was a couple of years shorter. Men still had no cure for E.D.! We have progressed and have evolved...made great strides as a society. We look at "kids these days" and worry about the future, but our parents' generation did the same thing about us...and look at how far we've come! It's just a matter of perspective.

Also bear in mind that this very board has members that are still in their teens, as well as members who are in their fifties (at least). And we're a great melting pot that spans three generations. Don't worry. The kids are alright.

Married: 07-03-09

I-130 filed: 08-11-09

NOA1: 09-04-09

NOA2: 10-01-09

NVC received: 10-14-09

Opted In to Electronic Processing: 10-19-09

Case complete @ NVC: 11-13-09

Interview assigned: 01-22-10 (70 days between case complete and interview assignment)

Medical in Vancouver: 01-28-10

Interview @ Montreal: 03-05-10 -- APPROVED!

POE @ Blaine (Pacific Highway): 03-10-10

3000 mile drive from Vancouver to DC: 03-10-10 to 3-12-10

Green card received: 04-02-10

SSN received: 04-07-10

------------------------------------------

Mailed I-751: 12-27-11

Arrived at USCIS: 12-29-11

I-751 NOA1: 12-30-11 Check cashed: 01-04-12

Biometrics: 02-24-12

10-year GC finally approved: 12-20-12

Received 10-year GC: 01-10-13

Better to be very overprepared than even slightly underprepared!

Timeline

There's greats and jerks in every generation.

And it's not because parents put their kids in daycares. I put my son in daycare and he's well mannered and kind hearted. I have seen kids with stay at home parents who don't know their manners. It comes from a lot of things, but you can't pin point it on one thing.

Donne moi une poptart!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Each generation has a few bad eggs, but honestly, I have a bone to pick with my generation. (I'm newly 20, so don't mind me!)

But anyway, I've noticed that the lack of manners are a big thing, and respect is almost non-existent. I work in a retail environment and I want to strangle the majority of the teenagers that come through our store. It's like, they have over inflated ego's. It's always the worst when a group of 5-10 teenagers come in at once, and they all huddle around a certain area. I always ask them to leave and for them to come in 2's, because well, things tend to go missing when giant groups come in. I actually got told off for being nosy, an old ######, and a ''bone kill.'' I grin and bare it.

As well, I've noticed teenagers are a lot more open with what they talk about. I noticed a young man, probably not older than 20, speaking very loudly about having a 6 year old kid that he doesn't take care of. He actually sounded proud of it. Then on a bus, a teenager, probably about 16, going on about how they're tried every drug possible. They go around as if they're ''invincible'' and they go around acting like the world owes them something. It's..dasjknasdnasdnaskjdas.

I've also noted how most kids in my generation tend to do nothing but drink, smoke, drugs and party, party, party. My ''friends'' have actually called me several names because I refuse to partake in their actives. Needless to say, most of said people aren't my friends anymore. Once they started to predict my divorce, that was the bottom line. If anything, they're jealous because most teenage relationships don't last longer than a few months, because you know, that's really my fault.

Honestly, my generation needs to be taught some manners and some morals, because this is getting ridiculous.

As well, this is MY opinion, and I speak from my own experiences. And they do NOT refer to every teen on the planet.

Edited by Bern.

dev356pr___.png

Removal of Conditions - January 6, 2012

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Yes, it's really the same old thing with teens.

As for being a feminist - well I surely am. I do think a common misconception is that feminism is about militant women storming the boardrooms in their grey suits - it's not. Feminism is about having the opportunity to do what you would like to do. Whether that means being a CEO or being at home with your children (men or women), both are equally important to the individual and both are equally important in feminism.

As for being a feminist - well I surely am. I do think a common misconception is that feminism is about militant women storming the boardrooms in their grey suits - it's not. Feminism is about having the opportunity to do what you would like to do. Whether that means being a CEO or being at home with your children (men or women), both are equally important to the individual and both are equally important in feminism.

Yeah, there are really two brands of feminism, and one often gets lumped in with the other. If you're a feminist in the way you state above, then *I* am a feminist too. I'm all for equal rights for pretty much all groups. "If you can do, DO do!"

Married: 07-03-09

I-130 filed: 08-11-09

NOA1: 09-04-09

NOA2: 10-01-09

NVC received: 10-14-09

Opted In to Electronic Processing: 10-19-09

Case complete @ NVC: 11-13-09

Interview assigned: 01-22-10 (70 days between case complete and interview assignment)

Medical in Vancouver: 01-28-10

Interview @ Montreal: 03-05-10 -- APPROVED!

POE @ Blaine (Pacific Highway): 03-10-10

3000 mile drive from Vancouver to DC: 03-10-10 to 3-12-10

Green card received: 04-02-10

SSN received: 04-07-10

Mailed I-751: 12-27-11

Arrived at USCIS: 12-29-11

I-751 NOA1: 12-30-11 Check cashed: 01-04-12

Biometrics: 02-24-12

10-year GC finally approved: 12-20-12

Received 10-year GC: 01-10-13

Better to be very overprepared than even slightly underprepared!

Well said, Trailmix. You beat me too it, and it's good that you did because you said it far better than I ever could.

K1

10/02/2007 ~ Sent I-129F to CSC

2/27/2008 ~ NOA2!!! (148 days)

5/27/2008 ~ Interview --- APPROVED!!

5/28/2008 ~ Visa in hand (239 days)

7/17/2008 ~ POE Portal, North Dakota

7/26/2008 ~ Marriage

AOS

8/26/2008 ~ Sent AOS/AP/EAD to Chicago lockbox

9/18/2008 ~ Biometrics in St Louis

9/22/2008 ~ Transferred to CSC

11/05/2008 ~ AP/EAD approved (71 days)

1/20/2009 ~ AOS approved!!! (147 days)

1/29/2009 ~ 2-year GC arrived (156 days)

Removing Conditions

11/18/2010 ~ Sent I-751 to CSC

11/19/2010 ~ I-751 delivered to CSC

11/19/2010 ~ NOA1

12/10/2010 ~ Received biometrics letter

12/21/2010 ~ Biometrics in St Louis

12/29/2010 ~ Touch

1/04/2011 ~ Case status finally available online

2/16/2011 ~ Approved!! (89 days)

2/22/2011 ~ 10-year GC arrived (95 days)

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I absolutely agree with you. It's about having the choice.

I agree with people who say there are bad eggs in all generations. I look at my fiancé's brothers (one younger in his late 20s, one older in his mid-30s) and they both have this unbelievable sense of entitlement, and I dont know where it comes from because they are lazy arses. My fiancé is the total opposite, but their mom assures me they were all raised the same way. lol

I do think that there are variations between generations though, because there are fads in the way kids are brought up.

I have to say I get so annoyed when I see parents who give their kids too many options and let them chose what they want all the time. I dont think it's what kids really want or need, deep down, and it is a disservice in the long run. Life isnt all about what you want. Sometimes as a parent, you have to say "Because I said so". Sometimes life sucks. Get over it. Anyway... I guess that's my rant! lol

AoS Process

AoS/EAD/AP file sent: 2011-02-16

Received: 2011-02-17

NOA: 2011-02-22

Touched: 2011-02-24

Hard copy NOAs received : 2011-02-28

Biometrics letter received: 2011-02-28

Biometrics appt: 2011-03-17

EAD & AP approved: 2011-04-28

AOS appt: 2011-05-12 (notice sent April 6) APPROVED :)

event.png

Timeline

Love to weigh in on this one.....I am the parent of 3 said rude, snotty children and I agree 100% with the assessment of their generation. While we have tried to teach our kids good manners and proper behaviour, on the whole there is a lot of bad parenting out there that has missed teaching people manners, proper etiquette, general respectfulness when they are out in public. Our kids have adopted some bad habits from the people they hang around - certainly not something they were taught. There are a lot of parents who have forgotten it is their job and not the schoo's to teach good behaviour.

But we can't blame their bad behviour on someone else always....unfortunately we live in a very entitled society....everyone has a cell, everyone has computer access, everyone has the latest 'whatever it is'...insert word here...jeans, ipod, shirt, video game...... In a sense I have spoiled my child...we think nothing of picking up the latest top or game or going to the movies pretty frequently. When we were little, most of these things were treats, we NEVER ate out (ok we were Cdn,,,but you know what I mean.... :) )

I have a big problem with teenagers/20-somethings in stores I go into....I expect polite courteous service....instead I get a sales clerk who barely looks me in the eye, says...'Is that ALL?' instead of 'Will that be everything?'... I'm not old fashioned (I'm not even 40 yet)...when I had a part time job, the manager made sure I knew exactly what to say and how to serve the customers....I wouldn't have had a job for long.

You see it when teenagers don't hold doors for anyone (we taught our kids that)...I'm amazed at my kids friends...even their table manners are very lacking...it's rather gross actually.

I was given the finger and told f-u recently by 2 girls trying to be tough in a grocery store parking lot who practically ran me down as i crossed at a cross walk to the car....I wasn't going fast enough for them I guess

Don't defend this generation too much....I have a front row seat and its not pretty always....but the world is kind of going like this now, everyone is entitled, everyone thinks they have rights....instead of earning things and being respectful.....

Wiz(USC) and Udella(Cdn & USC!)

Naturalization

02/22/11 - Filed

02/28/11 - NOA

03/28/11 - FP

06/17/11 - status change - scheduled for interview

06/20?/11 - received physical interview letter

07/13/11 - Interview in Fairfax,VA - easiest 10 minutes of my life

07/19/11 - Oath ceremony in Fairfax, VA

Removal of Conditions

12/1/09 - received at VSC

12/2/09 - NOA's for self and daughter

01/12/10 - Biometrics completed

03/15/10 - 10 Green Card Received - self and daughter

Timeline

Like is said in my post, i am not saying or pointing fingers i'm jsut saying i've seen the bad attitude alot lately. it's my personal observance. i know most of you are good people..no matter your generation. Ive seen the goodness of your hearts all over.

i guess what it comes down to is whether i want to make a choise of femanism vs motherhood maybe? For me it would be a choice of being "all the woman i can be" vs being a good mother / wife. and i'd rather choose motherhood over a career. this is jsut my opinion, but i dont see myself being able to have a career job etc etc and doing all the selfish things i want while still tryign to be a good wife and raise a family. As it is it seems i dont have enough time in the week to spend with David.

and i guess thats why that article bugged me so much. cuz there are so many other things to worry about then a stupid word in an anthem or the look of our freaking money lol.

HWDWm6.png

Each generation has a few bad eggs, but honestly, I have a bone to pick with my generation. (I'm newly 20, so don't mind me!)

But anyway, I've noticed that the lack of manners are a big thing, and respect is almost non-existent. I work in a retail environment and I want to strangle the majority of the teenagers that come through our store. It's like, they have over inflated ego's. It's always the worst when a group of 5-10 teenagers come in at once, and they all huddle around a certain area. I always ask them to leave and for them to come in 2's, because well, things tend to go missing when giant groups come in. I actually got told off for being nosy, an old ######, and a ''bone kill.'' I grin and bare it.

As well, I've noticed teenagers are a lot more open with what they talk about. I noticed a young man, probably not older than 20, speaking very loudly about having a 6 year old kid that he doesn't take care of. He actually sounded proud of it. Then on a bus, a teenager, probably about 16, going on about how they're tried every drug possible. They go around as if they're ''invincible'' and they go around acting like the world owes them something. It's..dasjknasdnasdnaskjdas.

I've also noted how most kids in my generation tend to do nothing but drink, smoke, drugs and party, party, party. My ''friends'' have actually called me several names because I refuse to partake in their actives. Needless to say, most of said people aren't my friends anymore. Once they started to predict my divorce, that was the bottom line. If anything, they're jealous because most teenage relationships don't last longer than a few months, because you know, that's really my fault.

Honestly, my generation needs to be taught some manners and some morals, because this is getting ridiculous.

As well, this is MY opinion, and I speak from my own experiences. And they do NOT refer to every teen on the planet.

I hear you, as someone only a year or two older than yourself. I know what you mean, and it certainly isn't everyone (I know a lot of people in and around my age who are hard-working, good people) but there are some people out there that are pretty horrible.

Said it better than I could have. The problem is though that those are the only types of feminists that we ever hear about because the rest of us are too busy doing those things that we can and want to do, instead of nitpicking a national anthem and claiming it to be "hate on women" that the rest of the country has other things to do.

Like is said in my post, i am not saying or pointing fingers i'm jsut saying i've seen the bad attitude alot lately. it's my personal observance. i know most of you are good people..no matter your generation. Ive seen the goodness of your hearts all over.

i guess what it comes down to is whether i want to make a choise of femanism vs motherhood maybe? For me it would be a choice of being "all the woman i can be" vs being a good mother / wife. and i'd rather choose motherhood over a career. this is jsut my opinion, but i dont see myself being able to have a career job etc etc and doing all the selfish things i want while still tryign to be a good wife and raise a family. As it is it seems i dont have enough time in the week to spend with David.

and i guess thats why that article bugged me so much. cuz there are so many other things to worry about then a stupid word in an anthem or the look of our freaking money lol.

I definitely agree with you, Kimbear - that's where I fall in the spectrum of what I want to do with life, as well.

Our Journey

The Beginning

Early 2009 -- Met on WoW

September 2009 -- Fell in love

May 14 2010 - Officially engaged! smile.png

K1 Journey

September 17, 2010 - NOA1

March 14, 2011 - RFE

April 18, 2011 - NOA2

August 12, 2011 - Interview - Approved!

August 20, 2011 - POE

September 10, 2011 - Married!

AOS Journey

November 17, 2011 - AOS packet sent

November 21, 2011 - NOA1

December 14, 2011 - Case transferred

December 28, 2011 - Biometrics appt

January 18, 2012 - EAD/AP approved! Card production ordered!

January 28, 2012 - EAD/AP card in hand

July 2, 2012 - AOS approved! Card production ordered!

July 7, 2012 - GC in hand

Removal of Conitions

April 29, 2014 - Packet sent

May 6, 2014 - NOA1

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
I'm 24 and hate 98% of my generation.

i'm twice your age and i hate 100% of your generation. :P

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.