dswann

Second time around

24 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline
well sir i will tell u the bottom line for your case it is all about the consular who is going to process your case he can let it go or consider it as red flag which u good luck god bless u

Sure, that is what it boils down too in every case. I have met all the requirements and it really depends on what that person had for breakfast that morning. I have no red flags as to my first case happen ten years ago. I read a thread here where a man had four K-1 and was approved for a 5.

It was for sure a wild read about what he went through and it ended for him badly and sad. That is what this forum is for. Exchange of ideas and information. I wish you success Sir, in all you Do.

David

David Lee Swann

aka doc

Vermont

Sent -03/01/2010

Got -03/04/2010

Touched 03/09/2010

Noa 03/10/2010

NOA2 05/20/2010

Left NVC 05/25/2010

Thanks for sharing your story...best of luck to you and Anna.

Why do you have a lawyer? If your case is uncomplicated, you can probably just do a lot of reading on second K1 visa attempts and follow the guides here on VJ.

Naturalization

9/9: Mailed N-400 package off

9/11: Arrived at Dallas, TX

9/17: NOA

9/19: Check cashed

9/23: Received NOA

10/7: Text from USCIS on status update: Biometrics in the mail

10/9: Received Biometrics letter

10/29: Biometrics

10/31: In-line

2/16: Text from USCIS that Baltimore has scheduled an interview...finally!!

2/24: Interview letter received

3/24: Naturalization interview

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
I'm not an expert, but wouldn't it be a little strange to the immigration center for you to file for another visa for another woman from the same country after your divorce?

They might think it's a fraud marriage...

An advice from me, since your first marriage went bad, consider really taking things slow with Anna. You don't want another divorce I'm sure.

Good luck.

won't be a problem in Kiev.

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Timeline
Thanks for sharing your story...best of luck to you and Anna.

Why do you have a lawyer? If your case is uncomplicated, you can probably just do a lot of reading on second K1 visa attempts and follow the guides here on VJ.

Well, the reason i made the choice for the having the lawyer was purely to have a second set of eyes on the application and if we hit some complication there is no additional cost to me as to have them follow up also. I had used this attorney before in my first case and one thing this attorney's office does is have some one meet Anna and go over the file and tutor her before the actual interview. This attorney is good and has been in business many years. This is all he does. I fully understand it will not speed up many case in any way.

First Time you did not go to Kiev, you went to Warsaw Poland. Back then, you got your Visa then same day as interview and were free to travel that same day.

I am not sure now if they still require a round trip ticket or not still? I have not seen anyone mention that?

David

David Lee Swann

aka doc

Vermont

Sent -03/01/2010

Got -03/04/2010

Touched 03/09/2010

Noa 03/10/2010

NOA2 05/20/2010

Left NVC 05/25/2010

Timeline
won't be a problem in Kiev.

I would like to thank you for posting. You and your wife am i sure have helped many in this process. I have read many of your post's before i posted.

If i remember correctly you had dinner with someone from Vermont and describe it very well. As i have stated I am a computer engineer. In this process now during the digital age I am so confused as to why? they USCIS as not gone to a digital submission for these visa's?

It would seem this would speed up the process 10 fold. Think of it, If "we" are having to input this info into the system that in and of itself would save time not to mention the FBI could begin to run the check at that point. You culd have checks and balances in the system and even a "red flag" notice. Just food for thinking.

I hope i get luck and match your timline but i am prepare to wait it out. I was pleased to that you think Anna and i will have no problems. My mind set has always been prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

I will tell a funny story here about Anna and Me. As i told she is a psychologist and I am a computer engineer and a non active US Marine. I have been out for a long while but old habits die hard. My yougest son in a Crew Chief on a Marine Cobra Squadron now.

While in Kiev Anna and I walked by the Embassy. She stopped and looked. Anna asked me "Who are those military men?"

I laughed and told her "US Marines" I had no idea she did not know about Uncle Sam's Mis Guided Children (USMC)

I greeted my fellow Marines "oooooo" and then the Marine returned "rah" i told him "outstanding Devil Dawg"

Anna notice that quickly. She asked me "what was that?"

She asked me "What military were you in David" I smiled and told her "You are looking at it" I did not realize this would spark her thinking and she wanted to know now. As we hung out in and around the square we went to get some coffee. She was asking questions about my life during this time and she had shock as i told her what I had seen and how i was trained. I told her later I would show her a video of it and she could see it.

SO, youtube to the rescue, Anna was able to see first hand boot camp Video's. She was stunned. She asked me "Why are they so rude and harsh?"

LOL LOL LOL Oh my God! I told her "Anna they have a plan and that plan has worked for years and for sure produces a proven product"

You have to remember, Anna and from her background and training had seen nothing like this before. I told her "I have one more video you can watch on youtube. Then she saw the silent drill team. At first, many people miss the whole point of that. A squad , many Marines, moving as one, one sound, total perfect. Also, if you decide to watch them notice they are all the same size.

Anna told me after watching this "I see more of you now and understand your actions"

One of Anna's questions has always been to me "why am i so detailed?" I gave her the building a home example and have to have a plan.

For me and her, it was quite simple to build our file because i had been building it for a while. I had everithing. I knew to keep all reciepts while there and plane boarding passes. While there we went and had her birth cert translated.

I hope you and your wife continue to have a happy life and all success to you and her.

David

David Lee Swann

aka doc

Vermont

Sent -03/01/2010

Got -03/04/2010

Touched 03/09/2010

Noa 03/10/2010

NOA2 05/20/2010

Left NVC 05/25/2010

Well, the reason i made the choice for the having the lawyer was purely to have a second set of eyes on the application and if we hit some complication there is no additional cost to me as to have them follow up also. I had used this attorney before in my first case and one thing this attorney's office does is have some one meet Anna and go over the file and tutor her before the actual interview. This attorney is good and has been in business many years. This is all he does. I fully understand it will not speed up many case in any way.

First Time you did not go to Kiev, you went to Warsaw Poland. Back then, you got your Visa then same day as interview and were free to travel that same day.

I am not sure now if they still require a round trip ticket or not still? I have not seen anyone mention that?

David

We had a ticket, but it isn't required. Honestly no one asked at the embassy about it. DOn't worry about interview stuff until you start getting notices anyway.

I would like to thank you for posting. You and your wife am i sure have helped many in this process. I have read many of your post's before i posted.

If i remember correctly you had dinner with someone from Vermont and describe it very well. As i have stated I am a computer engineer. In this process now during the digital age I am so confused as to why? they USCIS as not gone to a digital submission for these visa's?

It would seem this would speed up the process 10 fold. Think of it, If "we" are having to input this info into the system that in and of itself would save time not to mention the FBI could begin to run the check at that point. You culd have checks and balances in the system and even a "red flag" notice. Just food for thinking.

I hope i get luck and match your timline but i am prepare to wait it out. I was pleased to that you think Anna and i will have no problems. My mind set has always been prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

I will tell a funny story here about Anna and Me. As i told she is a psychologist and I am a computer engineer and a non active US Marine. I have been out for a long while but old habits die hard. My yougest son in a Crew Chief on a Marine Cobra Squadron now.

While in Kiev Anna and I walked by the Embassy. She stopped and looked. Anna asked me "Who are those military men?"

I laughed and told her "US Marines" I had no idea she did not know about Uncle Sam's Mis Guided Children (USMC)

I greeted my fellow Marines "oooooo" and then the Marine returned "rah" i told him "outstanding Devil Dawg"

Anna notice that quickly. She asked me "what was that?"

She asked me "What military were you in David" I smiled and told her "You are looking at it" I did not realize this would spark her thinking and she wanted to know now. As we hung out in and around the square we went to get some coffee. She was asking questions about my life during this time and she had shock as i told her what I had seen and how i was trained. I told her later I would show her a video of it and she could see it.

SO, youtube to the rescue, Anna was able to see first hand boot camp Video's. She was stunned. She asked me "Why are they so rude and harsh?"

LOL LOL LOL Oh my God! I told her "Anna they have a plan and that plan has worked for years and for sure produces a proven product"

You have to remember, Anna and from her background and training had seen nothing like this before. I told her "I have one more video you can watch on youtube. Then she saw the silent drill team. At first, many people miss the whole point of that. A squad , many Marines, moving as one, one sound, total perfect. Also, if you decide to watch them notice they are all the same size.

Anna told me after watching this "I see more of you now and understand your actions"

One of Anna's questions has always been to me "why am i so detailed?" I gave her the building a home example and have to have a plan.

For me and her, it was quite simple to build our file because i had been building it for a while. I had everithing. I knew to keep all reciepts while there and plane boarding passes. While there we went and had her birth cert translated.

I hope you and your wife continue to have a happy life and all success to you and her.

David

As a former Marine, I have had a few of these conversations with my wife too :lol: First, her uncle was a Soviet era "marine" (a sailor), and we had to sort all that out at dinner one night. Then the discussion about why the guys at the embassy (we only saw one Marine in Kiev) are mostly contract security. The situation is even more pronounced in Minsk, where the US Marines are all inside the embassy, presumably as a security measure - with militsia surrounding the embassy on the street, and contractors on the exterior gates. Try explaining that the embassy Marines actually went to an etiquette and manners class - to make them appear less like the attack dogs that they are :lol:

3dflags_ukr0001-0001a.gif3dflags_usa0001-0001a.gif

Travelers - not tourists

Friday.gif

Timeline
We had a ticket, but it isn't required. Honestly no one asked at the embassy about it. DOn't worry about interview stuff until you start getting notices anyway.

As a former Marine, I have had a few of these conversations with my wife too :lol: First, her uncle was a Soviet era "marine" (a sailor), and we had to sort all that out at dinner one night. Then the discussion about why the guys at the embassy (we only saw one Marine in Kiev) are mostly contract security. The situation is even more pronounced in Minsk, where the US Marines are all inside the embassy, presumably as a security measure - with militsia surrounding the embassy on the street, and contractors on the exterior gates. Try explaining that the embassy Marines actually went to an etiquette and manners class - to make them appear less like the attack dogs that they are :lol:

RAH!!! Devil Dawg. Yes, Anna saw the typical DI and the "trash in the highway" and she saw the all famous Squad Bay "House of Pain" I explained to her the "Cat box" at PI. lol, lol, She saw the "Gold Foot prints". Very much the same situation as you. Had to explain everything. I was in 1982-1992. Just before the wall came down. Yes, my son went to the class you spoke of. He was going to pull embassy duty but got excepted to Mecap instead. Anna wants to see the Drill team when she comes here. I have a friend at Barracks 1 that can arrange for us to see them. The day we were there, they had two in blues and i saw two more in ultils which is rare at a embassy and that was this past Jan.

Anna being the "pyschologist" began to understand our marine "ocd" ways,lol.

Best of Luck

Semper FI

David

David Lee Swann

aka doc

Vermont

Sent -03/01/2010

Got -03/04/2010

Touched 03/09/2010

Noa 03/10/2010

NOA2 05/20/2010

Left NVC 05/25/2010

RAH!!! Devil Dawg. Yes, Anna saw the typical DI and the "trash in the highway" and she saw the all famous Squad Bay "House of Pain" I explained to her the "Cat box" at PI. lol, lol, She saw the "Gold Foot prints". Very much the same situation as you. Had to explain everything. I was in 1982-1992. Just before the wall came down. Yes, my son went to the class you spoke of. He was going to pull embassy duty but got excepted to Mecap instead. Anna wants to see the Drill team when she comes here. I have a friend at Barracks 1 that can arrange for us to see them. The day we were there, they had two in blues and i saw two more in ultils which is rare at a embassy and that was this past Jan.

Anna being the "pyschologist" began to understand our marine "ocd" ways,lol.

Best of Luck

Semper FI

David

Back atcha brother. PM me if you ever want to chat in real time.

3dflags_ukr0001-0001a.gif3dflags_usa0001-0001a.gif

Travelers - not tourists

Friday.gif

Filed: IR-5 Country: Ukraine
Timeline
well sir i will tell u the bottom line for your case it is all about the consular who is going to process your case he can let it go or consider it as red flag which u good luck god bless u

Maybe in Egypt or the MENA areas but most areas of the world it is based on the evidence presented. He has a solid case and it is not like his 3rd, or 4th K-1 like a few guys have had AND were approved nonetheless.

I know MENA Visas get more scrutiny than many areas, and the "consulate officer" does have more of a burden on them, but it is due to national security issues and THEN visa fraud.

IR-5

11/01/2011: I-130 Submitted

11/04/2012: I-130 NOA1

04/19/2012: I-130 NOA2

05/04/2012: NVC Received

05/27/2012: Received I-864/DS 3032 Package

05/28/2012: Pay I-864 Bill

05/29/2012: Submit DS 3032/I-864

06/05/2012: Receive IV Bill online

06/05/2012: IV Bill Paid

06/06/2012: Payment Accepted

06/07/2012: IV Packet Mailed (Additional documents sent next day on 06/08/2012)

08/28/2012: Interview

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.