tamara143

I-751 waiver approved!

14 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline
hi there

praise God! my I-751 waiver got approved last month. when can i apply for citizenship if my conditional residence permit expired on August 2007? thanks for the suggestions in advance

tam

Congrats! :thumbs:

Can you post your detailed timeline? Which service center did you apply at?

Mom sponsoring for her son(my brother)

06/15/2010 : I-130 for son
06/23/2010 : Check Cashed
06/26/2010 : Received NOA
03/20/2012 : Received RFE(I-797E)
05/23/2012: Application approved after RFE response
06/29/2012: Received letter from NVC

06/03/2015: Change petition from F1 to F3 category

Checklist :
1. I-751(ROC)
2. Parents AOS
3. I-130(Son)
4. N-400(Spouse)

5. N-400(Parents)

6. K-1 & AOS & ROC TimeLine

hi there

praise God! my I-751 waiver got approved last month. when can i apply for citizenship if my conditional residence permit expired on August 2007? thanks for the suggestions in advance

tam

Congratulations!!

Normally, you can apply after 3 years of being a resident only if you are still married to the same USC spouse that you received your AOS from

However, a waiver means divorce (to my knowledge) and that means 5 years.

If you are divorced, then you need to wait until your 5th US residency anniversary to be eligible to apply.

The actual rule is eligibility starts 90-day prior your 3rd/5th year residency anniversary.

N-400 Naturalization Timeline

06/28/11 .. Mailed N-400 package via Priority mail with delivery confirmation

06/30/11 .. Package Delivered to Dallas Lockbox

07/06/11 .. Received e-mail notification of application acceptance

07/06/11 .. Check cashed

07/08/11 .. Received NOA letter

07/29/11 .. Received text/e-mail for biometrics notice

08/03/11 .. Received Biometrics letter - scheduled for 8/24/11

08/04/11 .. Walk-in finger prints done.

08/08/11 .. Received text/e-mail: Placed in line for interview scheduling

09/12/11 .. Received Yellow letter dated 9/7/11

09/13/11 .. Received text/e-mail: Interview scheduled

09/16/11 .. Received interview letter

10/19/11 .. Interview - PASSED

10/20/11 .. Received text/email: Oath scheduled

10/22/11 .. Received OATH letter

11/09/11 .. Oath ceremony

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
Congratulations!!

Normally, you can apply after 3 years of being a resident only if you are still married to the same USC spouse that you received your AOS from

However, a waiver means divorce (to my knowledge) and that means 5 years.

If you are divorced, then you need to wait until your 5th US residency anniversary to be eligible to apply.

The actual rule is eligibility starts 90-day prior your 3rd/5th year residency anniversary.

Yup! that's what I figured out. Perhaps I could apply on may 2012, if I'm not mistaken. Thanks for all the answers to my question!

hi there

tam

Hey Tamara143,

I just wanted to clarify when you first initially received your conditional residence card. Since you say your conditional residence permit expired August 2007, does that mean you received your greencard August 2005? If that's the case, I believe you would be eligible to naturalize as early as 2010, since the 2 years of LPR status count toward residency. That's great news for you! If not, you would have to wait until 2012. Best of luck!

Timeline
Hey Tamara143,

I just wanted to clarify when you first initially received your conditional residence card. Since you say your conditional residence permit expired August 2007, does that mean you received your greencard August 2005? If that's the case, I believe you would be eligible to naturalize as early as 2010, since the 2 years of LPR status count toward residency. That's great news for you! If not, you would have to wait until 2012. Best of luck!

sorry i was mistaken. i got my conditional residency permit in August 2007 & it expired in August last year. thus, i will need to have 2 more years in order to apply for citizenship. thanks anyway!

You can apply for citizenship 3 years from the 'permanent resident since....' date on your conditional green card. If you just got approved for removing conditions, it shouldn't be another two years until you can apply.

Use this to determine when you'll be eligible:

http://www.uscis.gov/files/article/M-476.pdf

SA4userbar.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: India
Timeline
hi there

tam

Congratulationsssssssss yes you can apply for citizenship after being permanent resident for 4 years and 9 months. you were granted PR status at the approval of your AOS , your CGC should say the date PR since, so you can count five years from that date.

Oh yes - thanks for correcting my error! I failed to realize the OP had submitted a waiver (despite the title saying so, LOL!!!). So yes, it would be approx. 5 years after the 'permanent resident since' date on the green card. That link I gave above is helpful - it has a worksheet to help make sure when you will be eligible.

*edited for typo*

Edited by TracyTN
SA4userbar.jpg

hi there

tam

Congratulation.....just want to ask ypu about your waiver....

When did you apply for ROC and how long does it take before the interview?

Can you please let me know what doc did you provide?

I am asking that because I might have to file for a waiver because my husband and I are now having a lot of issues due to his infidelity and having a girl back home pregnant......

If you can give me any advice....

Thank you.

Timeline

I am asking that because I might have to file for a waiver because my husband and I are now having a lot of issues due to his infidelity and having a girl back home pregnant......

Thank you.

I'll be more than willing to help you. Send me an IM. TY to all!

• 4 months later...

Yup! that's what I figured out. Perhaps I could apply on may 2012, if I'm not mistaken. Thanks for all the answers to my question!

Hi... Wud u mind if i ask u what are the evidences u have had submitted to the uscis to get approved ur I-751 (waiver).. Please give me some info regarding this matter, coz i am also divorced.Thank u in advance

Thank you.

Nice resource of people who are waivers found here: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/259288-i-751-waiver-filers-timeline/

My signature has a link to the evidences that I sent. Congrats to the OP! I know how you feel. :dance:

100% Naturalized U.S.D.A. Prime American

proud_filipino_american_trucker_hat.jpg?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.