lgg

Urgent help, guys!!!

18 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

This is regarding EI but no one reads that forum so here goes.

I am dealing with the famous Donna at the interstate office -- she needs me to provide proof that he stamp in my passport for my CR1 visa acts as my green card until my greencard arrives.

SO, can anyone here find a real, bonefide link to a government site that says that? Otherwise I'll be penalized for like 2 or 3 weeks until I get my green card.

It's odd, as Donna was the know all of our claims but she thought that the IR-1 visa was a religious belief based visa.

Any help appreciated...

best LGG

USCIS

NOA #2: Approval June 25th, 2009 - 92 days

NVC

July 8, 2009 to August 10, 2009 - 28 days

Interview Assigned - December 3, 2009 - FINALLY!!

Medical - December 14, 2009 - Passed

Embassy/Interview - January 26, 2010 Montreal, Quebec Canada - 167 days PASSED!!!

Port of Entry - February 26, 2010 Baltimore International, Maryland

USCIS -- ROC package sent off

November 26, 2011 to Vermont station November 30, 2011 received NOA1December 16, 2011 received biometrics appointment.

January 04, 2012 Biometrics

September 2, 2012, RFE Received.

September 22, 2012 RFE responded to

October 15, 2012 ROC approved, 10 Green card on its way.

kermit_the_frog1237963302.jpg

"Here's some simple advice: Always be yourself. Never take yourself too seriously.

And beware of advice from experts, pigs, and members of Parliament."

Kermit the Frog

Visit my News Feed Page -- Good Reads for Everyone!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Not positive as my memory isn't so hot on some things lol but I think when I came here on the K-1 Visa I had to send them a copy of the Visa as it ( the K-1) acted as proof that I was eligible to work here for up to 90 days and also that I had used it to become a resident until I file for my GC

I apologize if this info isn't correct and Im sure someone else will chirp in with an answer for you

Timeline

=================

K1 Section

=================

Sent I-129F - 03/25/2009

Visa in Hand -11/23/2009

US Entry - 11/26/2009

Wedding - 12/26/2009

=================

AOS Section

=================

AOS, EAD, AP Forms Sent - 01/06/2010

Biometrics - 02/11/2010

EAD/AP Approved - 02/23/2010

--------------------------------

Ceremonial Wedding - 06/17/2010

Timeline

It even says on my darn visa: "UPON ENDORSEMENT SERVES AS TEMPORARY I-551 EVIDENCING PERMANENT RESIDENCE FOR 1 YEAR.

I guess I'm just surprised that the interstate head person, the famous DOnna had NO Idea what she was dealing with. She thought the IR1 was a religious work based visa????

WHy does EVERYTHING have to be fraught with difficulty ?

Thanks Dutchmatt, but I think the verbiage in that letter might confuse them even more.

Yeah, she just called back and said, " I have been looking but I can't even find what a CR1 visa is... "

Very. Very. Very confusing to me.

Edited by lgg

USCIS

NVC

Embassy/Interview - January 26, 2010 Montreal, Quebec Canada - 167 days PASSED!!!

November 26, 2011 to Vermont station November 30, 2011 received NOA1December 16, 2011 received biometrics appointment.

"Here's some simple advice: Always be yourself. Never take yourself too seriously.

Kermit the Frog

Timeline

This will provide Donna with verification that your I-551 means you have work authorization:

http://www.uscis.gov/files/article/EIB113.pdf

There isn't much 'official' description of a CR1 visa out there, but if she looks at this page she will see that it is an immigrant visa (in the title)

http://travel.state.gov/visa/immigrants/ty...types_2991.html

To double check she can check out the Dept. of State Glossary here:

http://travel.state.gov/visa/frvi/glossary...ary_1363.html#C

Conditional residence (CR) visa: If you have been married for less than two years when your husband or wife (spouse) gets lawful permanent resident status (gets a green card), then your spouse gets residence on a conditional basis. After two years you and your spouse must apply together to the DHS to remove the condition to the residence. Learn about how to apply for a CR visa on our Immigrant Visa for a Spouse webpage.

Edited by trailmix

Not positive as my memory isn't so hot on some things lol but I think when I came here on the K-1 Visa I had to send them a copy of the Visa as it ( the K-1) acted as proof that I was eligible to work here for up to 90 days and also that I had used it to become a resident until I file for my GC

I apologize if this info isn't correct and Im sure someone else will chirp in with an answer for you

Just for anyone else reading this, this isn't correct. K-1 is not a 90 day work authorization. You still have to send a copy of the I-94 and the K-1 visa, but you can't get EI with a K-1 until you send them a copy of your EAD.

For details visit My Timeline or Profile

ROC Timeline:
May 23, 2012 - Mailed I-751
January 7, 2013 - RFE Received
March 26, 2013 - RFE Response Sent
April 11, 2013 - ROC APPROVED

June 8th, 2013 - 10 yr GC Received (FINALLY)

AOS Timeline:
March 23, 2010 - Mailed I-485 (AOS), I-131 (AP), I-765 (EAD)
June 7, 2010 - AP received
June 12, 2010 - EAD received
August 27, 2010 - 2 yr Green Card Received!

K-1 Timeline:
April 22, 2009 - I-129F Sent
November 20, 2009 - Interview in Montreal - Approved!
January 3, 2010 - POE (Ambassador Bridge)
January 20, 2010 - Wedding

Timeline

Thanks SO much TM... you're a real gem.

I'm just SO shocked that she/they had no idea. I sort of felt like I was/am going to be penalized for their misinformation and that is not right. IT's not like i'm desparate for my benefits BUT to be penalized for ignorance is so wrong. Plus, I"ve paid into them since I was 15...

Thanks a lot... I appreciate that. I've sent Donna all the links and such that she may need to inform herself and her colleagues. How none of you other CR/IR1s hoping for EI get caught like this.

Best,

LGG

USCIS

NVC

Kermit the Frog

Timeline

Maybe send Donna a link to the VJ Canadian EI thread, she can just post her questions in there for her out of country EI stuff. :lol:

Edited by MrsCat

Timeline

HA!!!

You know what, kittyCatty? I totally thought that too! I was like, really? REALLY? But I realize that VJ and all my buddies here have taught me well as I was able to explain to her everything about CR1/IR1 visas...

But yeah, MrsCat... I had that exact thought...

I have sent her all of TM's links and quite a few of my own that I found.

:D

Maybe send Donna a link to the VJ Canadian EI thread, she can just post her questions in there for her out of country EI stuff. :lol:

USCIS

NVC

Kermit the Frog

Timeline
Just for anyone else reading this, this isn't correct. K-1 is not a 90 day work authorization. You still have to send a copy of the I-94 and the K-1 visa, but you can't get EI with a K-1 until you send them a copy of your EAD.

Yes this is correct the K-1 isn't a 90 day work permit. I said I wasn't positive on that and went and rooted out my paper work from when I got my EI

The reason I thought that is, when I came through Halifax they stamped my EAD on the K-1 and in my Passport.

Sorry if I added confusion to your situation

Timeline

No worries on my part -- as a CR1, I tend not to take the K1 stuff under advisement as they are totally different visas. Helpful for other K1s though.

:)

Yes this is correct the K-1 isn't a 90 day work permit. I said I wasn't positive on that and went and rooted out my paper work from when I got my EI

The reason I thought that is, when I came through Halifax they stamped my EAD on the K-1 and in my Passport.

Sorry if I added confusion to your situation

USCIS

NVC

Kermit the Frog

Timeline

sorry lgg, maybe missed something, at the POE did you not get the stamp in your passport? :unsure: It just says CR-1 with a date on it. I just scanned a copy and emailed it to her.

No problem Allie. I just mentioned that for any other K1s looking in on this. :)

For details visit My Timeline or Profile

ROC Timeline:
May 23, 2012 - Mailed I-751
January 7, 2013 - RFE Received
March 26, 2013 - RFE Response Sent
April 11, 2013 - ROC APPROVED

June 8th, 2013 - 10 yr GC Received (FINALLY)

AOS Timeline:
March 23, 2010 - Mailed I-485 (AOS), I-131 (AP), I-765 (EAD)
June 7, 2010 - AP received
June 12, 2010 - EAD received
August 27, 2010 - 2 yr Green Card Received!

K-1 Timeline:
April 22, 2009 - I-129F Sent
November 20, 2009 - Interview in Montreal - Approved!
January 3, 2010 - POE (Ambassador Bridge)
January 20, 2010 - Wedding

Timeline

Yeah, I HAVE the stamp on my visa! it's why I'm having such a big problem. It's all good on my end. I also scanned a copy of the visa with the stamp on it and sent it to her. I have no idea what she's on about, to be honest...

sorry lgg, maybe missed something, at the POE did you not get the stamp in your passport? :unsure: It just says CR-1 with a date on it. I just scanned a copy and emailed it to her.

USCIS

NVC

Kermit the Frog

Timeline
Yeah, I HAVE the stamp on my visa! it's why I'm having such a big problem. It's all good on my end. I also scanned a copy of the visa with the stamp on it and sent it to her. I have no idea what she's on about, to be honest...

Yeah I can see what you are saying lgg - it is confusing that she doesn't know hmmm.

Maybe she is just having a bad day!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.