illnevergetthis

Embassy called me this morning

29 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline

The embassy called this morning while I was in class. This is the only class that I have that the teacher goes crazy over seeing cell phones. My phone kept vibrating in a short amount of time (I never dreamed that it would be the embassy)so, I looked at it at the first opportunity. There were four calls from the same Washington DC number.

The teacher was concentrating on something else and wasn't looking in my direction, so I put in the earpiece and listened to the message. The class was really quiet because everyone was working on a project...I said "#######" rather loudly. I didn't notice that I did this until everyone looked at me.

Anyway, I left the class and called the number back. It was then 5:02. The machine basically gave me the Amman embassy hours and told me to call back.

The message said that they were calling from the embassy in Amman, Jordan and that they want to verify some information.

Now, I am very nervous. It is the weekend and I won't hear back from them for atleast a couple of days. I am very sad that I missed this call. I feel like I have been waiting for this call for years and...I missed it. :crying:

I wonder what they want to verify.

Waiting.....Waiting....waiting....waiting....and more waiting..........

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Oh I know you have to be so disappointed to miss the call today but just think about the fact that you DID receive it. How often have you just wished to know that something was being done with your case and now you do! They called you at the end of their day and could have waited until after the weekend but didn't. If they hadn't then you would not have been "in the know" for the whole weekend. At least this way you have a bit of an update on your status and that is good news. I assume that since you said it's the weekend there that the embassy will be open on Sunday? At least you won't have to contend with school then and you can focus on it when the embassy opens. It sounds similar to what Baj experienced just before her fiance got his visa too.

Hang in there...I know it will probably drive you a little crazy this weekend but overall it IS great that they called and told you why in the message. I am sooooo hoping to hear great news from you next week. I don't know if you realize it, but those of you who have been waiting such a long time...there are many of us here on MENA who just wish wonderful things for you and try to send as many positive vibes your way as we can. I have even talked to my husband about your experience and he and I both just wish that soon you and your husband can be reunited. Heaven knows, you've waited long enough! We're pulling for you and I'm very happy for you and this new development!! :thumbs:

Edited by Vanessa1

6/27/2009 Married

10/20/2009 I-130 sent

10/28/2009 NOA1

2/8/2010 NOA2

2/12/2010 NVC received and case number assigned

2/19/2010 Gave NVC email addresses

2/19/2010 AOS/DS3032 generated (not related to giving the emails)

2/21/2010 Emailed DS3032

2/22/2010 Received DS3032 and AOS bill via email

2/23/2010 Paid AOS bill

2/25/2010 AOS bill shows Paid and coversheet printed

3/2/2010 Received IV bill

4/9/2010 Paid IV bill

4/12/2010 IV bill shows Paid and coversheet printed

4/13/2010 Mailed IV packet

4/15/2010 IV packet received and signed for

4/16/2010 AOS packet mailed

4/19/2010 AOS packet received and signed for

4/20/2010 AVR changed and states biographic documents received on 4/17/2010

4/24/2010 AVR notes AOS entered into system on 4/23/2010

4/28/2010 Sign-in fail and NVC operator confirms case complete

5/01/2010 Interview assigned!

6/16/2010 Medical Exam

6/29/2010 Interview Approved!

7/7/2010 Visa in hand!

7/22/2010 POE

ROC

5/15/2012 Mailed in I-751

5/16/2012 Received

6/5/2012 Check cashed

6/6/2012 NOA1 received

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Egypt
Timeline

:star: That's sooo great that they called you.......any movement is good news!

One month after Ahmed's interview, the embassy called each of us to verify our interview Q & As again...........Isa you will get good news when you call them back next week :thumbs:

01-04-09 - Married in Egyptian Embassy - Qatar - honeymoon in Egypt (Ahmed's home country)

05-04-09 - I-130 Sent

12-13-09 - INTERVIEW PASSED (Qatar)....Spent 12 weeks in AP

03-03-10 - VISA IN HAND :)

03-06-10 - AHMED COMES HOME :)

03-12-10 - SS# card received

03-19-10 - GC received

05-15-10 - First job

06-01-11 - Better job!

03-2012 - Started our business

Removal of Conditions/10 yr GC

02-15-12 - Sent I-175 ROC

07-17-12 - approved!....card production ordered!!!!

07-21-12 - 10 yr card arrived in mail :)

03-2013 - Apply for Naturalization

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline

I hope it will be Good news... I am staying quite as we will be going to Jordan soon... he is leaving me this week heading to Amman.. His parents going week after .. and then me, few days before interview.. will be spending easter there..

" She's my kind of rain"

Timeline

Vanessa...thank you soo much. You looked at this on a way that I didn't and it made me feel better. You are right...I know they are working on my case. I am very glad that I don't have school on Sunday, so that I can focus on the call. I hope that we will get the visa very soon.

Zahrasalem...I am very nervous about the prospect of having an interview over the phone. Did they ask y'all a lot of questions.

Batta...I hope so too. Enjoy your trip to Jordan. I hope your interview has postive results and there is no AP for you.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

It sounds good .At least you know that they are working on your case .Just try to be ready for any question they might ask you .

Good luck and my best wishes for you .

Nothing's impossible . Nothing's unreachable .When I am weary you make me stronger

This love is beautiful .So unforgettable . I feel no winter cold when we are together .

Will you stand by me ?!!!Hold on and never let me go .

Will you stand by me?!! With you i know i belong . When the story gets told .

When day turns into night .I look into your eyes . I see my future now .All the world and its wonder

This love wont fade away.And through the hardest days . I will never question us .You are the reason my only reason.

I'm blessed to find what i need in a world loosing hope. you are my only believe .

You make things right every time after time.....

Will you stand by me ?!!!

I love you so much and i miss you so much more .

anm68b54b0b16262b16.gif

Filed: Other Country: Jordan
Timeline

ALIF MABROOK!!!! insha'Allah it will be all good for you. I wish I was back to Jordan but insha'Allah will be there for the summer and Ramadan. Take care and call me if you need someone to talk with to pass the time!!!!

Timeline
It sounds good .At least you know that they are working on your case .Just try to be ready for any question they might ask you .

Good luck and my best wishes for you .

I keep thinking about what they might ask me. I wasn't expecting them to call me.

Timeline
ALIF MABROOK!!!! insha'Allah it will be all good for you. I wish I was back to Jordan but insha'Allah will be there for the summer and Ramadan. Take care and call me if you need someone to talk with to pass the time!!!!

thank you so much. I'm having a hard time concentrating on my midterm exams.

I hope you get to take the trip. I haven't been to Jordan in the summer. I hear it's very HOT!

Timeline
That's great news to see movement!

Have you considered emailing them? They will get the email and may respond on Sunday :) Good luck!

Jackie (F)

I was trying to decide whether it would be better to call or email.

I hope this is positive and he will be here soon. I am trying not to get my hopes up. I scared of another disappointment.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Well i was with hubby at the interview in person, but they asked me more questions than him! Anyway, when they called us each again 1 month later, it was all basic questions as in the interview, but a little more detailed.

I actually liked that they called us again and I actually had more time to talk than in the real interview in person. The call only lasted about 10 min.

Don't be nervous, just tell them everything you want them to know :star:

01-04-09 - Married in Egyptian Embassy - Qatar - honeymoon in Egypt (Ahmed's home country)

05-04-09 - I-130 Sent

12-13-09 - INTERVIEW PASSED (Qatar)....Spent 12 weeks in AP

03-03-10 - VISA IN HAND :)

03-06-10 - AHMED COMES HOME :)

03-12-10 - SS# card received

03-19-10 - GC received

05-15-10 - First job

06-01-11 - Better job!

03-2012 - Started our business

Removal of Conditions/10 yr GC

02-15-12 - Sent I-175 ROC

07-17-12 - approved!....card production ordered!!!!

07-21-12 - 10 yr card arrived in mail :)

03-2013 - Apply for Naturalization

Timeline
Well i was with hubby at the interview in person, but they asked me more questions than him! Anyway, when they called us each again 1 month later, it was all basic questions as in the interview, but a little more detailed.

I actually liked that they called us again and I actually had more time to talk than in the real interview in person. The call only lasted about 10 min.

Don't be nervous, just tell them everything you want them to know :star:

Thank you very much because I am really nervous...just like I was when he interviewed. I feel anxious. I'm ready to do this now.

Timeline
I always had good experiences with Amman in email. It can't hurt.

Jax (F) good luck!

I will email them and then if I don't hear from them by say...8:45 a.m., I will call them.

I didn't get much sleep last night. I stayed up most of the night thinking about the phone call.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.