sus

Yardies a home and a farrin, Part 24!

4,635 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Saint Lucia
Timeline

omg dillon, i was the same way.. well about wanting to have the last name as my children..

another reason it was hard to change.. i had been holloway for so long.. i didn't care that it was HIS name LOL

its been rather easy to adapt to the new name, like writing it and stuff..but it LOOKS so wierd to me..LOL

I always had a different name from Tierra. Since her dad and I were never married and she has his name. It makes it a little easier since a couple of her close friends all have different names from their moms.

And even though her dad and stepmom are divorcing ... stepmom is keeping the name and that makes Tierra happy. :)

I change my last name but never did the CCs... and I just realized I didnt do the passport. I should do that if we ever get the money to travel somewhere!!!

June 29 2009: Green Card Received

March 6 2011: Lifting Conditions

June 6 2012: Apply for US Citizenship

fkn0hd.jpg

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

good morning!!!!

its wednesday so much closer to friday YAYYYY

as far as SS goes innocent.gif you are so right, like any other bureaucratic agency, ALOT of ppl don't know what they are talking about and instead of saying that or FULLY explaining the whole process if they do know, then they just blow you off wanting to get to the next person or the next issue..i like to explain, cuz i don't like when ppl tell me "well last time i was told"

immigration is SUPPOSED to have the information for an immigrant available for ssa to verify within the 2 week timeframe,95% of the time thats exactly what happens BUT sometimes that doesn't happen.. i have processed cards myself when immigration did not give us verification on a person for 6 weeks, most commonly its when the name is off on our records vs theirs, but honestly it could be anything.

all the worker does is plug the info in a computer.. the process from there is done on its on. the computer gives us the status and to be honest we don't know what alot of it means unless original apps are what you do all day, ( which most offices dont, unless u have a high immigrant neighborhood, i may have 3 per day vs 50 replacements a day) you never have the time to study what the feedback is and why, . either immigration has verified it or they haven't yet UNFORTUNATELY.. timeframes are TOTAL estimates.. ppl may say 6 weeks, they may say 30 days.. its all based on that offices experience..

to be safe.. my ofc normally ALWAYS says 2 weeks for replacement cards (altho it usually takes 5-7 days) and 6-8 weeks for a original ss card because it can vary on WHEN immigration's records are updated to our records..better to estimate longer than shorter and have ppl calling us saying they didn't get something...

like anything.. when you are not getting a good answer, i agree with tee that you should speak w/ another worker or sup, but i just wanted to give a lil bit of background on why those crazy workers sound so confused.. good.gif

i meant to put thumbs up on ur post mrstee LOL

i don't even know what kjenkins question was, but this is a good rundown of how its done!!

I got this right off the guides here on VJ... I really don't have any issues with my SS office. I usually never wait longer than 10 minutes to be seen and when we applied all I said to them is that my husband is from Jamaica and we are here to apply for a SS number for him. I never said well immigrations said xyz... sometimes less info is more.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Saint Lucia
Timeline

You have to give up something that would be hard for you to give up. I have such a sweet tooth and not eating them is really hard. I don't really swear so that wouldn't be as much of a challenge for me. I explain it to my kids this way. Jesus sacraficed a lot for us...so I give up something that is hard for me to remind me what he had to go through. It is like a penance.

This might explain it better:

There are traditionally forty days in Lent which are marked by fasting, both from foods and festivities, and by other acts of penance. The three traditional practices to be taken up with renewed vigour during Lent are prayer (justice towards God), fasting (justice towards self), and almsgiving (justice towards neighbour). Today, some people give up a vice of theirs, add something that will bring them closer to God, and often give the time or money spent doing that to charitable purposes or organizations

That sounds like a nice thing! Thanks!

40 days , no sweets! Rough... I thought it was just a week! :blush:

Charity sounds good..especially with the kids.

The worst thing about no car is Tierra and I cant get to the nursing home on the weekends anymore...she loved it!

June 29 2009: Green Card Received

March 6 2011: Lifting Conditions

June 6 2012: Apply for US Citizenship

fkn0hd.jpg

Timeline

Yes Irie...it is tough some days not to eat sweets, like today..haven't had any since February 16th which is Fat Tuesday. I will say I have lost some LBS!!!!!

AOS

9/25/09 -Mailed I-485/I-131/I-765

9/27/09 - Received by Chicago Lock Box

10/2/09 - Date on NAO1's

10/5/09 - Received NAO1's in the mail

10/5/09- Check cashed

10/11/09 - Received Biometrics letter in the mail

10/29/09- Biometrics appointment

10/14/09 - Walked in for Biometrics appointment

10/15/09 - Touch I-485/I-765

10/16/09 - I-485 transferred to CSC

11/6/09 - EAD approved

11/9/09 - Advance Parole approved

11/23/09- Received EAD/AP

12/2/09 - Email Card Production Ordered!!!!

12/9/09 - Card received

Timeline

Morning Ladies...

MrsTee...maybe you can do or eat something today that your mother really loved. Might make you feel like she is with you today. Today is my on of my dearest friend's birthday...guess great ladies are born on this day.

1luv...hang in there...we are here if you need to vent.

Irie I have never had one of those shakes but they always look good to me. I almost was willing to go and get one but I have given up sweets for lent and I am not going to cave in. Even though I am REALLY tempted.

Thank you ladies! Im really okay. My mom was my BEST friend. You all would love her. She was never judgemental, yet always there for you when you fell on your face lol...She was a school crossing guard so she would see all the kids grow up and come visit her as adults. She was an awesome woman.

I always wear green in honor of her and I just ate 3 Irish potatoes so a sista is doing fine.. You guys are the best!!! :)

Sunny the person whose funeral I am going to is one of my ex boyfriend's mother. Not even sure what she died of yet.... Also another one of my hubbies best friend's got shot and killed last night.. I think sometimes I have a black cloud over my head.. but I know that God has got my back and my family is very supportive of one another so we are going to get through this day! It wouldve been what mommy wanted and I love her for that :)

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I got this right off the guides here on VJ... I really don't have any issues with my SS office. I usually never wait longer than 10 minutes to be seen and when we applied all I said to them is that my husband is from Jamaica and we are here to apply for a SS number for him. I never said well immigrations said xyz... sometimes less info is more.

exactly!!!!!.. i know its easy to make this whole process so scary, but SIMPLIFY!! lol roger went by himself.. told him to fill out the app and give it to them. Period.. they do this all day like clock work so all they really need to know is original or replacement..

thats a good wait time 10 min.. WOW :thumbs::thumbs: .. never that at my ofc heehee, but we're on a busline in a metropolitan area, so that makes it worse.. would love to work in one of the suburbs.. i would never leave vj LOL

Hey Ladies, so busy today but wanted to ask everyone to pray for Lawny and her family she really needs our united prayers right now.

Hey Phillylicious! Definitely will uplift Lawny and her family up in prayer right now!

Removal of Conditions Journey

03/30/2012-I-751 sent to Vermont Service Center (USPS Priority Mail w/delivery confirmation)

04/02/2012-Packaged arrived at Vermont Service Center-Signed by D. Renaud

04/05/2012- check cashed

04/07/2012- Recvd NOA in mail dated 04/03/2012

05/14/12-Biometrics Appointment- Completed

12/31/12-Production of card ordered text/email

mjnrabxt.png

Timeline

Mrstee, I am sorry you are feeling melencholy.. I am no stranger to that feeling.

I cannot imagine the feeling of losing my mom, I would be devastated. I only wish for you happy thoughts today.

Call your dad.. can you visit him? Maybe just visit him if you can.

I am with Ells about feeling uncomfortable... I have a hard time w/ sick people as well.

My mom's boyfriend of 15 years passed away when I was 20 of lung cancer. He was only in the hospitol for a week before he died. I could not go to visit. I think now maybe I could but at 20 I was too afraid to cry. Now I cry all the time and just say "f it"... LOL

Thats me! I am a cryer! LOL

Have a green beer, or a shamrock shake and some smiles today. smile.gif

Well athough Im feeling melancholy about my mommy, today is not a good day to visit my dad because they got divorced and he remarried, which ticks me off til this day, although his wife is a good woman. I just recently started having a better relationship with my father cause he was a biotch to us growing up. Sometimes I can be just like him but I do have compassion. I think because he and my hubby get along so well, Im trying for the sake of peace to forget the past but its really hard for me. I don't wish sickness on anyone but sometimes I wonder if he is being punished for the way he treated my mother.... I was so bad when she passed, I asked God why didn't he take him instead of her! But Ive prayed really hard to just accept him in my life and let the past be the past...innocent.gif

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I couldn't change my name fast enough once I was married. I still had the last name from my last marriage because I didn't want to have a different last name from Marley. I HATED that last name and I couldn't take it anymore....that Monday after the wedding it was changed. I changed my middle name to may maiden name so maybe you can do that Sunny since you like your maiden name so much.

LOL, I understand you and Quana's situations. I would have done that too. I guess I'll get around to it one day. LMAO

ROC

Filed at Vermont Service Center

ROC Filing date:--------08-02-2011

Express Mail card recd stating package was recd on: 08-03-2011

NOA1 rec'd dated:-------08-04-2011

Check Cashed:-----------08-08-2011

Biometrics Appt scheduled for: ----09-23-2011

Timeline

I always had a different name from Tierra. Since her dad and I were never married and she has his name. It makes it a little easier since a couple of her close friends all have different names from their moms.

And even though her dad and stepmom are divorcing ... stepmom is keeping the name and that makes Tierra happy. :)

I change my last name but never did the CCs... and I just realized I didnt do the passport. I should do that if we ever get the money to travel somewhere!!!

OKAY!!!!!! ughh, im so upset about that..

i didn't realize that her dad and stepmom were divorcing.. i remember all the problems she used to have w/ him.. im glad she has stood up for herself..

i just started thinking about..WOW.. my kids have a step mom now.. and one day will have a half bro or sis.. its crazy how my life has changed in the last 2 years and will continue to change..

Timeline

Yes Irie...it is tough some days not to eat sweets, like today..haven't had any since February 16th which is Fat Tuesday. I will say I have lost some LBS!!!!!

I would die. I have a major sweet tooth.

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

Timeline

TEE- im sorry for your loss, i can't imagine that feeling

(((HUGS)))

soooooooooooooooooo~ tommorow is green card interview

all the paperwork is together

wish us luck

its so beautiful here today

spring has sprung

(nevermind about the forcast for snow on sunday) tongue_ss.gif

lata ladies

You got this mi sista! :)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

no its not sad at all..girl, not sad at all.. you don't wanna know what my mantra is.. imma stay w/ the positive vibes today LOL

You can e-mail it to me. LMAO I don't care what people think about me or my relationship so I keep it real at all times Q. If I worried about what people think of me or my relationsip I would have been divorced before I got married, You feel me. LMAO

ROC

Filed at Vermont Service Center

ROC Filing date:--------08-02-2011

Express Mail card recd stating package was recd on: 08-03-2011

NOA1 rec'd dated:-------08-04-2011

Check Cashed:-----------08-08-2011

Biometrics Appt scheduled for: ----09-23-2011

Timeline

hey mamacita!!! i see u making ur rounds last nite on FB lol.. yeah, you should have NO problem getting dens, like mr tee LOL, roger got his within days of filing good.gif

yeah, might as well do it all at the same time..

i didn't even think about changing my passport like philly was saying.. i don't wanna pay $75 can't i just bring my marriage license??

Thats what im saying because im going on a cruise to the Bahamas in July and I haven't changed mine yetwacko.gif

You can e-mail it to me. LMAO I don't care what people think about me or my relationship so I keep it real at all times Q. If I worried about what people think of me or my relationsip I would have been divorced before I got married, You feel me. LMAO

I feel ya on that! Tell it!!!

Removal of Conditions Journey

03/30/2012-I-751 sent to Vermont Service Center (USPS Priority Mail w/delivery confirmation)

04/02/2012-Packaged arrived at Vermont Service Center-Signed by D. Renaud

04/05/2012- check cashed

04/07/2012- Recvd NOA in mail dated 04/03/2012

05/14/12-Biometrics Appointment- Completed

12/31/12-Production of card ordered text/email

mjnrabxt.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.