sus

Yardies a home and a farrin, Part 24!

4,635 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

One of my strategies for not getting searched was to pick the line that had a man checking your form, and hide the hand with the engagement/wedding ring. In my experiences, men are more laid back & easy-going than women, esp if you smile.

So they don't have to hire new people and they can charge us ridiculous prices for healthcare, so that we have to use our healthcare after having a stroke or heart attacked at a young age for all the stress/work, they keep piling on us! That's why.... :wacko:

Right! When my last supervisor took another person's full time job & gave it to me ON TOP of my full time job, he said "If we had more people like you, we wouldn't need as many people." I was like.... Thanks? :blink:

I've found the way to avoid feeling overwhelmed, or the way to stop feeling overwhelmed, is to make a list of all I have to do & just go through it one @ a time, checking them off. Seeing check marks on the page make me feel better.

Nat: I don't know what her daily life is like at home and around her family because when I talk to her nothing out of her mouth makes sense. But her family have gotta be crazy too to put up with her not taking her meds.

CocoLaPalm is good for the non AI and costs about $75 nt. Grand Pineapple is good for AI and costs about $150 nt. but you have to book it w' flight to see the savings. I can only speak for negril.

Funny you mention Grand Pineapple. Last February, my mother, aunt, & I toured it and I liked the colorfulness, as well as the location. Have you stayed there? If so, do the bartenders/waiters come to you when you're on the beach to take drink orders? That's something very important to my mother. :lol: She had it on her first trip to Jamaica (@ Beaches or Breezes) & missed it on all the others.

November 19, 2007 - Met

November 25, 2008 - Engaged

November 25, 2009 - Married

November 24, 2011 - Baby due!

Daily earning Amazon gift cards by searching the web with SwagBucks!

Timeline
Good afternoon everyone :star:

Thanks for the advice on that dilema :star:

Nat: I don't know what her daily life is like at home and around her family because when I talk to her nothing out of her mouth makes sense. But her family have gotta be crazy too to put up with her not taking her meds.

CocoLaPalm is good for the non AI and costs about $75 nt. Grand Pineapple is good for AI and costs about $150 nt. but you have to book it w' flight to see the savings. I can only speak for negril.

MrsTee: I had to laugh but you're right, with all that drama the two of us alone is better.

Dillon: they search you once they find out you were born in Jamaica because they figure you're bringing stuff for family. Telling them you're bringing for family members who will follow on a separate doesn't work either, I tried that. Joining the nothing to declare line doesn't work either, I tried that as well...

Guess he is just going to have to figure it out then. I did tell them what you all said about him being allowed to bring in $500 duty free...I am sure he will be stopped he has two HUGE suitcases...one is his stuff and the other one is full of the give away stuff that his Mom sent to us to take down. She said it wasn't much but when we got it...enought to fill a huge bag. Plus he has his carry on bag stuffed to the gills. He already said the next time he goes he isn't tell anyone until the day he is leaving. He was really upset about carrying so much down.

AOS

9/25/09 -Mailed I-485/I-131/I-765

9/27/09 - Received by Chicago Lock Box

10/2/09 - Date on NAO1's

10/5/09 - Received NAO1's in the mail

10/5/09- Check cashed

10/11/09 - Received Biometrics letter in the mail

10/29/09- Biometrics appointment

10/14/09 - Walked in for Biometrics appointment

10/15/09 - Touch I-485/I-765

10/16/09 - I-485 transferred to CSC

11/6/09 - EAD approved

11/9/09 - Advance Parole approved

11/23/09- Received EAD/AP

12/2/09 - Email Card Production Ordered!!!!

12/9/09 - Card received

Filed: Timeline
Guess he is just going to have to figure it out then. I did tell them what you all said about him being allowed to bring in $500 duty free...I am sure he will be stopped he has two HUGE suitcases...one is his stuff and the other one is full of the give away stuff that his Mom sent to us to take down. She said it wasn't much but when we got it...enought to fill a huge bag. Plus he has his carry on bag stuffed to the gills. He already said the next time he goes he isn't tell anyone until the day he is leaving. He was really upset about carrying so much down.

He should a nevah tell dem in the first place...so glad we didn't have to deal with that when my husband went home; The only person who knew he was comming was his friend who brought the car to the airport -- and I don't blame him, but next time all he has to do is politely say NO!

********************************************************************************

....when it hurts to look back and you're scared to look ahead LOOK beside you and I'll be there.....

There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore... and who always will.

So, don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

6002239865101_1_27247687.jpg (cost of the IMMIGRATION PROCESS)

tep aff a mi name

Filed: Other Country: Jamaica
Timeline

OH MY!!! You never tell ppl there when u are coming cuz they are gonna want this and want that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :angry: You try to bring what u can but ppl can go overboard :angry::angry: (I am talking abt MY family and friends there dont know abt urs)

I LOVE MY RAMPING SHOP!!

Filed: Timeline
OH MY!!! You never tell ppl there when u are coming cuz they are gonna want this and want that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :angry: You try to bring what u can but ppl can go overboard :angry::angry: (I am talking abt MY family and friends there dont know abt urs)

tell it

********************************************************************************

....when it hurts to look back and you're scared to look ahead LOOK beside you and I'll be there.....

There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore... and who always will.

So, don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

6002239865101_1_27247687.jpg (cost of the IMMIGRATION PROCESS)

tep aff a mi name

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Philly, I was going ask you how you jog with them big girls. LMAO I have a hard time with my DD’s. LMAO

Air Jamaica use to fly out of Baltimore at 8:45 and get to JA at 10:50am and they would leave Mobay at 4:45pm and get home at 9:05pm. NOW…………….they leave Baltimore at 3:00pm and get there at 7:00pm and coming back they leave Mobay at 9:45am and get home at 2:00pm or 3:00pm. I hate it………..

Girl, I’ve been working on my dumplings. Lol I’ll have to get Lawns over here to try them and then I’ll know they are ok. Lol

Dillon that was a good excuse to tell Mikel…. I traveled with an 10 piece comforter set before and got through. I told the lady I was allergic to hotel bed sheets. LMAO

Nat, Like Shemmy said Rondell Village is nice. I’ve stayed there before and the location was perect and the roms were nice. They even have 3 bedrooms villas too.

Finesse, how was the party? Were you whining the babies dem? I love when McDonald's has the orange/creme or chocolate/banana milk shakes.

Yum-O!

JG: What you doing wearing booty shorts? LMAO You going play softball in them? LMAO

ROC

Filed at Vermont Service Center

ROC Filing date:--------08-02-2011

Express Mail card recd stating package was recd on: 08-03-2011

NOA1 rec'd dated:-------08-04-2011

Check Cashed:-----------08-08-2011

Biometrics Appt scheduled for: ----09-23-2011

What makes me :angry: is coming back to Philadelphia. I ALWAYS get searched... :angry: I keep asking them why and one time they said its the amount of liquor I bring back.. BS... I hope they enjoy sniffing my dirty drawers! :angry: Maybe I should do like Sunny and leave a potato in my panty.. bet they won't look no more! Cho!

I normally get searched by Agriculture cause I bring back alot of food and whatnot, I just let them look through whatever just let me leave wid all mi food items :yes: I see so many people ready fi kill dem cause they throw their food in the trash. One time dis old ooman had a likkle bush in ar bag and they gave her this look like :blink: I have no idea what it was but she was so upset cause she wanted to make ar tea I felt to bad for her :unsure: .

I just bought some hootchie shorts at Target that I am in love with!

LOL I just got some from Walmart LOL

Tell it...tell it.

yes do tell :yes:

Awwww....you love us cause you keep coming back for more!

:hehe:

****ROC VSC****

Submitted I-751: 3/9/11

NOA1: 3/15/11

Biometrics Appointment:5/2/11

Early Bio Walk-In: 4/8/11

Approved: 9/23/11

Green Card Received: 9/30/11

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
One of my strategies for not getting searched was to pick the line that had a man checking your form, and hide the hand with the engagement/wedding ring. In my experiences, men are more laid back & easy-going than women, esp if you smile.

Right! When my last supervisor took another person's full time job & gave it to me ON TOP of my full time job, he said "If we had more people like you, we wouldn't need as many people." I was like.... Thanks? :blink:

I've found the way to avoid feeling overwhelmed, or the way to stop feeling overwhelmed, is to make a list of all I have to do & just go through it one @ a time, checking them off. Seeing check marks on the page make me feel better.

Funny you mention Grand Pineapple. Last February, my mother, aunt, & I toured it and I liked the colorfulness, as well as the location. Have you stayed there? If so, do the bartenders/waiters come to you when you're on the beach to take drink orders? That's something very important to my mother. :lol: She had it on her first trip to Jamaica (@ Beaches or Breezes) & missed it on all the others.

:yes::yes::yes::yes::yes:

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

Timeline

1uv: how many more days you have of sleeping alone? Shouldn't be many now...

ROC

Timeline

They didn't ask us for anything...guess they know better...but his Mom sure did send enough for everyone!!!!

AOS

10/2/09 - Date on NAO1's

10/5/09- Check cashed

11/6/09 - EAD approved

12/9/09 - Card received

Timeline
:yes::yes::yes::yes::yes:

I do too Nat. lol the way some of the ladies look at me sometimes is crazy. I got stopped and had a new DVD and comforter set. I told the lady look if you want to check my bags on my way out of JA you'll see that I'll still have these items. :unsure: LMAO yeah right.

ROC

Timeline

I have never had my bags searched either and I make sure to tell Marley that when they ask her, because they always do, tell them that you have NO family here and no friends. Guess they don't think kids will lie! LOL!

AOS

10/2/09 - Date on NAO1's

10/5/09- Check cashed

11/6/09 - EAD approved

12/9/09 - Card received

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Everyone is asking my hubby when he coming so he just say when the interview a come. Well he tells his brother that he aint going and Im coming, Do you know I started getting text messages from people. :angry: Politely asking for things

They have some nerve cant ask on the phone and wanna text for you to bring something. I just erased before hubby could see :wacko:

I could slap my brother in law right now :bonk:

Visa Journey Begins

Prgu.jpgPrgum6.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.