sus

Yardies a home and a farrin, Part 24!

4,635 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
We're doing a renewal ceremony in Jamaica in November, so that 1) Steven's family/friends can participate and 2) to get great pictures.

I'm having trouble thinking of a place or places for the guests from the USA to stay. My mother told me that her friends would rather pay more to have more luxury. My friends (and me) rather save money. So I'm thinking to provide 2 options: a nice all-inclusive (under $200/night per person) and a nice but inexpensive other hotel or resort (under $100/person). They can be in Negril or Montego Bay, or somewhere between (like Lucea). Any recommendations?

Hey Nat. I love Rondell Village in Negril...it's not an AI. The wedding coordinator is very professional. I think it would be nice for your friends and parents.

Lawny - sorry to hear about your grandmother....will keep her in my prayers.

Trying to catch up from this morning :wacko:

Even though I would be smiling in the morning I felt like I would be belittling myself. Like I would be telling him it was o.k. to do what you did I forgive you and I don’t. I don’t forgive him for the simple fact he couldn’t be honest with me. That story was bullcrap and he knows it. He didn’t call me too many times this time. He knew I was either out or avoiding him I guess.

The next day, my last day is always the worst day. Its time to go. Star got in at who knows what time. I heard R come in with her but when I woke he was gone. She was like did you have fun with Roc. I told her Roc didn’t come over. She was shocked like get out. We went to breakfast and I swear it was the best breakfast ever. Probably cuz it was my last JA breakfast for some time. Roc called. I answered. So you leave today ey? Yup. Why you nuh answer last night. I was busy. Oh mi gwaan meet yuh at de airport. I told him no need to I’m good. He said what yuh man going to be there. I told him we already said our good byes that‘s all there is too say. He told me he had some more to say I told him to say it. He told me when he sees me. I replied what ever and hung up.

The next day, my last day is always the worst day. Its time to go. Star got in at who knows what time. I heard R come in with her but when I woke he was gone. She was like did you have fun with Roc. I told her Roc didn’t come over. She was shocked like get out. We went to breakfast and I swear it was the best breakfast ever. Probably cuz it was my last JA breakfast for some time. Roc called. I answered. So you leave today ey? Yup. Why you nuh answer last night. I was busy. Oh mi gwaan meet yuh at de airport. I told him no need to I’m good. He said what yuh man going to be there. I told him we already said our good byes that‘s all there is too say. He told me he had some more to say I told him to say it. He told me when he sees me. I replied what ever and hung up.

Why were we taking so long to get ready? Our plane departs at 1:30 and its 12:00 and we are still at the hotel putsing (sp) around. R was supposed to come back and get us but no sign of him so I call my Jamaican brudda Mike to help get us there. He picks us up and drives us to the airport. Funny I love seeing this place when I arrive but I hate seeing it when I’m leaving. I get out the car so Mike and I can take a flick for my girl back home whose in love with him. As we finish taking the pic I notice Mike stops and ask someone can they help them. I turn around. Get the freak out of here!!!

It’s the bartender from Negril. (yup Sus you guessed it) I stopped. I’m shocked. What are you doing here I ask him. Seeing you he replied.. My happiness turns to doubt. Aww damn is this fool about to tell me he cant live without me, he’s fallen in love with me, he couldn’t sleep last night because he missed me you know some of the bull ish lines they feed us. I wait for his next sentence. He was like I came to see you off. We were supposed to link up de next day memba but yuh lef Negril in such a hurry. I’m standing there waiting for the ball to drop. I wish he would just say something crazy and put me out of my misery. I just replied, ”Oh”. Mike looks at me like are you o.k. I give Mike a hug and tell him I’m good. Thanks for the ride. Mike goes to grab my bags but Negril gets to them first. He told Mike he has it. Mike jumps back in the car and pulls off. You know Negril asked me who was that. I laughed. That’s my Jamaican brudda. I explain to Negril how he helped us get to the airport. Negril ended up telling me his manger had something in Mobay he needed to pick up so Negril volunteered to do it for him thinking he could swing past the airport to see if he saw me. He said he was waiting for a ½ hour and he was just about to leave when he spotted me. I asked him didn’t he have to leave I didn’t want him to get in any trouble. He explained everything was cool.

I go inside and get checked in and drop off my bags. I have about 20 minute to spare. Star is out talking to R he showed up too. Negril and I are talking outside when I see him walking towards me.

I'm almost der!!! Yuh dont want me to finish??

Oh ish I forgot about Roc. Roc is smirking but his pace becomes slower. I think he sees me talking to Negril and wondering if we’re together or not. My heart starts racing I really hope Roc won’t perform. Negril is trying to get my attention he is wondering why I became distant. I hear him saying you hear me but right now I’m concentrating on what is in front of me. Roc and I had an incident before where I was chatting wid someone and it didn’t end up so good so I’m like oh hell what will happen dis time. Negril follows my stare and sees me staring at Roc. I look at Negril he looks at Roc I look at Roc he’s looking at Negril. Roc walks up to me and stands in front of me. The smirk is now gone. He simply asks me am I good? I think for a minute and then I turn my head to the side like I have attitude. Yeah mi good. I look confident but I’m nervous as heck in the inside. What if he curse me in front of all these people or make a scene. Negril puts his hand on my back. Nice move Negril now we both might get jacked up. Star stops talking and she starts walking over. It’s only the end of the trip before you act concerned. I feel like Roc is staring at me I guess waiting for me to clarify things or jump into his arms like normal. I say nothing. He moves closer to me uh oh here it goes. I’m thinking to myself now if he hits you do you do the windmill on his rass or get into a boxing stance and try to punch him in the nose. He moves closer he’s inches away…
He ends up walking right past me. He bumps my shoulder with his but he keeps walking. He never looked back that I noticed.

Whoo.. I let out a whole heap of air. Negril asks was that my brudda too? I laugh and tell him no. After that I’m ready to get on the plane that mess has me rattled. Negril asks me to keep in touch and he walks me to the security check point or what ever it's called. O.k. is he going to ask to marry me now? He gives me a nice tender hug and kisses me on my cheek. Call me when yuh reach he says. I walk through the security he stands there and then he leaves.

As the Jamrock Turns Concludes...

I sit on the plane and just lean back and sigh. For some strange reason my eyes got teary. I think it was from Roc. If it wasn't over before it damn sure is now. I think about the two years we had and think of the good times we shared. We had a lot but you know what we had just as many bad. All the fussing and fighting we did was enuff to make anyone go mad. Star commented she was surprised to see us not fight. Everyone who has been around us know how we get down. We go months without seeing each other just to get together and cuss each other out. I always left JA saying I would never return I hate him to be back down there three months later if not sooner. That was my boy and well I'll always love him but I'm moving on. Our relationship was crazy but I enjoyed it so I guess I'm just as crazy.

Negril was cool and I did enjoy myself with him. I liked how he wasn't pushy or over bearing. He was just cool. I guess we shall see what happens but this time I'm taking it S..L..O...W. The stewardess tells us its time to turn off all electronic devices. I grab my cell phone to shut it down. Right then I see I received a text message. You will always be my woman...

The End...

Wow Dada that was truly an emotional rollercoaster, girllllll and at the end I swore he was gonna make a scene but for your sake I am glad he didn't. I knew he couldn't leave it alone and something told me he was gonna text you right before you fly off cause he knew that would drive you crazy and you couldnt text back till you reach back a farrin. I have been in those types of relationships before to be honest you think it's love but it's not, Love don't hurt! I am so glad you saw through his lies and you are ready to move on. The ONE will present himself when the time is right :yes:

****ROC VSC****

Submitted I-751: 3/9/11

NOA1: 3/15/11

Biometrics Appointment:5/2/11

Early Bio Walk-In: 4/8/11

Approved: 9/23/11

Green Card Received: 9/30/11

Filed: Timeline

Thanks Mrstee -- I had that info. I guess we can't do anything but pray and wait.

Dillon I haven't been searched in 3 years since I got the resident stamp in my US passport.

********************************************************************************

....when it hurts to look back and you're scared to look ahead LOOK beside you and I'll be there.....

There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore... and who always will.

So, don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

6002239865101_1_27247687.jpg (cost of the IMMIGRATION PROCESS)

tep aff a mi name

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Thanks for the suggestions. I'll add Iberostar & Grand Palladium to the list. I checked into Grand Palladium at Trip Advisor yesterday & only 68% of people recommend it. But I need to read the reviews of people who don't recommend, to see if their complaints would bother me.

I am getting ready to leave for lunch and take Hubby to the airport. :dance: I made him make me a BIG pot of rice and peas last night to hold me over for a bit before he gets back. I am with Nat on this one I will miss him but I really am looking forward to a little ME time.

I was dancing a few days in advance, but the actual trip to the airport was very sad for me. I think I'll dance again when I come home from work, get over the fact that he's not here, and take joy that no one is asking me to do anything.

I will tell him to go to the nothing to declare line and hope for the best. There are a lot of women's clothes in there so I told him to tell them his wife is coming on a later flight with the kids and he took the extra bags so she wouldn't have to hassle with it. Hopefully it works.

Steven brought stuff, but I didn't even ask him what happened when he went through the lines. I'll need to ask today.

It's possible. It's his frist trip back and they're going to ask him if he's brining things for family. I'm not 100% sure about this, but I think you can bring in up to $500 worth of goods. So, tell him to be prepared for his suitcase to dig up. What we've done in the past is bring receipts (don't produce them) unless they fussing at you about the cost of something. In my case, I brought home 2 flat screen 22 inch TV in my suitcase and they tried to tell me the tvs were more than $200 a piece. They wanted me to pay taxes on what they thought the tvs were worth and I told them no I have the receipt.

One more thing, have him remove tags from everything. They don't bug you so much with clothing...it's electronics.

As far as women's clothes, Steven brought one dress. I told him to leave the tag on it so they can see how much it cost ($17), then remove it before giving it to his mom. Cause when my cousin went through, she had a bunch of clothes for little children that she got on clearance for $2 & $3 each. But they didn't accept those values & assigned higher values. She had to pay quite a bit for what she brought in.

When I went through, I paid attention to the fine print that mentions the $500 you say. I declared what I was bringing, but when they acted like they wanted to charge me, I pointed out that the form says you can bring up to $500 duty free. I didn't pay anything.

November 19, 2007 - Met

November 25, 2008 - Engaged

November 25, 2009 - Married

November 24, 2011 - Baby due!

Daily earning Amazon gift cards by searching the web with SwagBucks!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
For Dada and Thompson2:

I won't be going to JA the first week in May because the woman who does are trips that I always roll out with, in June is doing 2 trips this year. The first is in Ocho Rios at the RIU (last week of June) and she is doing a trip from Aug. 26th to 30th - Thursday to a Monday - at Sunset Beach, Montego Bay. I've decided to go on the Montego Bay trip. Its not a bad price either. This will probably be a "girls" trip. I will go visit hubby's family for one of the days, while he takes care of home. My 7 year old brother in law is coming for either spring break or the whole summer. This should be interesting....

I know you didn't ask my opinion but I love Royal Decameron Resort in MoBay for girlfriend trips. I personally don't like to be on vacation with lots of kids running around. It's a smaller resort on the hiop strip and we can walk everywhere. Just my 2 cents.

Thanks for the suggestions. I'll add Iberostar & Grand Palladium to the list. I checked into Grand Palladium at Trip Advisor yesterday & only 68% of people recommend it. But I need to read the reviews of people who don't recommend, to see if their complaints would bother me.

I was dancing a few days in advance, but the actual trip to the airport was very sad for me. I think I'll dance again when I come home from work, get over the fact that he's not here, and take joy that no one is asking me to do anything.

Steven brought stuff, but I didn't even ask him what happened when he went through the lines. I'll need to ask today.

As far as women's clothes, Steven brought one dress. I told him to leave the tag on it so they can see how much it cost ($17), then remove it before giving it to his mom. Cause when my cousin went through, she had a bunch of clothes for little children that she got on clearance for $2 & $3 each. But they didn't accept those values & assigned higher values. She had to pay quite a bit for what she brought in.

When I went through, I paid attention to the fine print that mentions the $500 you say. I declared what I was bringing, but when they acted like they wanted to charge me, I pointed out that the form says you can bring up to $500 duty free. I didn't pay anything.

Nat, isn't that $500 dollars for JA citizens, they can bring back up to that amount in merchandise duty free. I don't think there is a dollar amount for guest. But, they tend not to charge guest unless it is a big ticket item. Now again this has been my oberservation at the Kingston Airport. Mobay may operate differently.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

lmao @ philly JUST now catching up with the saga

I864 delivered November 2nd.....nvc logged it on November 5th

DS230 delivered November 6th.....nvc logged it on November 12th

Welcome to US Letter May 19th

Card production ordered May 25th

739444001253587733-final.gif

upherebl.gif

Good Morning Ladies!

Tre your Grandmother and your family are in my prayers...hope you get an update soon.

I am getting ready to leave for lunch and take Hubby to the airport. :dance:I made him make me a BIG pot of rice and peas last night to hold me over for a bit before he gets back. I am with Nat on this one I will miss him but I really am looking forward to a little ME time.

Den's..glad you love your new ring..BLING BLING!

Philly I fell asleep in the same spot as you did last night watching the Oscars...I rolled over and turned off the TV right as Sandra Bullock was getting her award.

Have a great day everyone.

Awwwe that is so sweet about the rice and peas :yes:

I still have to see who all won, I saw Jeff Bridges crying on GMA :crying: I never knew he was nominated 5 times previously?

Good Morning Yardies :star:

IN THE NAME OF JESUS Lord I hold up Tre's family and I ask you to change the hearts of the hospital staff, and convict them for their evilness and being inconsiderate.

Tre just remember Love is patient and kind. Dont let a rude person take your eye off the prize who is your grandma. The devil sometimes want to occupy our time with things that are not important(like a rude person having a bad day). Continue to keep her in prayer and have FAITH. (F)

Great prayer JQ! :star:

****ROC VSC****

Timeline

Hey BunzTheMagicSnail, kjenkins86, 1luv, phillyfashionista, NatPatBen, TRELAWNY PARISH, MRStee

How was your weekend?

I heard about yours Philly sound like great fun with the family. :star:

Did anyone else do anything?

Visa Journey Begins

Prgu.jpgPrgum6.png

Timeline

work work work was my weekend

i'm living on a prayer and coffee right now

upherebl.gif

Nat, isn't that $500 dollars for JA citizens, they can bring back up to that amount in merchandise duty free. I don't think there is a dollar amount for guest. But, they tend not to charge guest unless it is a big ticket item. Now again this has been my oberservation at the Kingston Airport. Mobay may operate differently.

Yup Rox you are right, but I have seen visitors in Kingston get charged for items declared. Now mind you I have no idea what they are bringing or telling customs but I don't get charged and I always bring alot of stuff ( shrugs shoulders).

lmao @ philly JUST now catching up with the saga

LOL yuh knoa I was catch up if it took me 2 weeks LOL. Wuk has been crazy but I am tiyad today and feel like going home and getting back in my bed! :whistle:

****ROC VSC****

Filed: Timeline

That's why you keep your receipt. I never declare anything...only, when I return to the states never when I'm going down. For my aunts wedding they went all through my cousin's things and she started one loud arguement and I would have done the same. They were not stopping any of the other tourist who had wedding accessories like we did. We had to get a supervisor involved. I don't mind you searching me, just don't do it with an attitude. One year I brought down some special screws for my dad and the woman asked me (wah dis fah) and I told her to finish build mi house :P

********************************************************************************

....when it hurts to look back and you're scared to look ahead LOOK beside you and I'll be there.....

There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore... and who always will.

So, don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

6002239865101_1_27247687.jpg (cost of the IMMIGRATION PROCESS)

tep aff a mi name

Philly, with all of that beauty you are carrying around, the men can't even think straight when they see you coming thru custom. LOL

But you are right I have seen guest who are in the nothing to declare line have their bags open. So it's a hit and miss.

Timeline
Bunz what do you do there?

likkle dis likkle dat lol

i'm an accountant by profession

upherebl.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.