33 posts in this topic

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
Silly Americans don't read the poll that is posted because they would have seen that they aren't really many Heritage questions :hehe:

I guess i forgot to use the proper tags on my post [/sarcasm]

I didn't read the poll because i'm at work, and my employer has blocked that site :P

Edited by Rob and Mel

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

How is it you know so much more about Canada than the Cnadians.

Oh well most Amercans do not know much about America.

You GOT a score of 18 out of 21

Your rating: Superb! Only 2 Newfies have ever scored this high...

some of those were easy, they were on my honorary canadian citizenship test!

missed 2, 11, and 13

took a shot in the dark on 20 and got it right :lol:

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
I guess i forgot to use the proper tags on my post [/sarcasm]

I didn't read the poll because i'm at work, and my employer has blocked that site :P

I knew you were being sarcastic, in your own way - but sarcasm deserves more sarcasm and I didn't want to miss taking a dig at the American lol

Here is the poll:

1. What is the name of Canada's spoof political party? I Don't Know Hippopotamus Party Albertosaurus Party Rhinoceros Party Gopher Party

2. A Calgary red-eye is... I Don't Know An overnight flight from Calgary to Halifax A tourist who has stayed up all night partying at the Stampede A drink of beer and tomato juice A viral form of conjunctivitis common amongst oil rig workers

3. Which word for school supplies is unique to Canada? I Don't Know Pencil crayon Duo-Tang Scribbler All 3 above

4. Which is not a level of amateur sports? I Don't Know Mosquito Bantam Blackfly Atom

5. A slang name for a piece of land promoted as having mining potential

that is in fact worthless... I Don't Know Muskox tundra Moose pasture Caribou ground Elk meadow

6. A slang name for a beer belly is... I Don't Know Labatt muscle Sleeman's muscle Kokanee muscle Molson muscle

7. The revenge of the cradle is... I Don't Know Tendency of babies to wake up @ 4 A.M. Extremely high birthrate amongst French Canadians in 19th Century Retaliation by much younger lover dumped by older person Cost of raising a family

8. Newfoundland cake made from rice, pork and molasses is... I Don't Know Lumpgut Bangbelly Thudpot Heavytummy

9. How many Provinces and Territories are in Canada? I Don't Know 9 11 13 14

10. What is Canada's latest Territory? I Don't Know Northwest Territories Nunavut Allofit Newfoundland

11. If you visit Atlantic Canada but are not from there, you're a? I Don't Know Don't-belong-here Come-from-away Come-in-on-the-tide Wash-up-on-the-shore

12. A New Brunswicker is a Herring ______? I Don't Know Kisser Catcher Choker Eater

13. Which was Canada's only female Prime Minister? I Don't Know Alexa McDonough Adrienne Clarkson Kim Campbell Flora McDonald

14. Where is Canada's highest waterfall located? I Don't Know Henderson Lake, B.C. Della Falls, B.C. Carmanah Walbran Provincial Park, B.C.

15. Which of these Alberta cities is divided between 2 provinces? I Don't Know Leduc Medicine Hat Lloydminster

16. Where in Manitoba is Canada's only seaport on Hudson Bay? I Don't Know Churchill Hubbart Point Baldy Mountain

17. When did Canada adopt the Maple Leaf for its Canadian National flag? I Don't Know 1949 1965 1982

18. Mile 0 of the Trans-Canada Highway is situated in which Canadian city? I Don't Know Hartland, N.B. Victoria, B.C. Summerside, P.E.I. St. John's, Nfld.

19. Where did the greatest one-day snowfall in Canada occur? I Don't Know Quaqtaq, Quebec Burntcoat Head, N.S. Tahtsa Lake, B.C.

20. Where did Canada's oil industry start? I Don't Know Oil Springs, Ontario Petrolia, Ontario Leduc, Alberta Taylor, B.C.

21. What is Canada's largest source of humour? joe-ks.com www.joe-ks.com http://www.joe-ks.com

Timeline

lucky 13 foer me! sorry for the bad typing, two of my fingers are taped -- spained it unnpacking my pod -- heay suitcase... grrrrrrr

USCIS

NOA #2: Approval June 25th, 2009 - 92 days

NVC

July 8, 2009 to August 10, 2009 - 28 days

Interview Assigned - December 3, 2009 - FINALLY!!

Medical - December 14, 2009 - Passed

Embassy/Interview - January 26, 2010 Montreal, Quebec Canada - 167 days PASSED!!!

Port of Entry - February 26, 2010 Baltimore International, Maryland

USCIS -- ROC package sent off

November 26, 2011 to Vermont station November 30, 2011 received NOA1December 16, 2011 received biometrics appointment.

January 04, 2012 Biometrics

September 2, 2012, RFE Received.

September 22, 2012 RFE responded to

October 15, 2012 ROC approved, 10 Green card on its way.

kermit_the_frog1237963302.jpg

"Here's some simple advice: Always be yourself. Never take yourself too seriously.

And beware of advice from experts, pigs, and members of Parliament."

Kermit the Frog

Visit my News Feed Page -- Good Reads for Everyone!

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
I knew you were being sarcastic, in your own way - but sarcasm deserves more sarcasm and I didn't want to miss taking a dig at the American lol

Here is the poll:

1. What is the name of Canada's spoof political party? I Don't Know Hippopotamus Party Albertosaurus Party Rhinoceros Party Gopher Party

2. A Calgary red-eye is... I Don't Know An overnight flight from Calgary to Halifax A tourist who has stayed up all night partying at the Stampede A drink of beer and tomato juice A viral form of conjunctivitis common amongst oil rig workers

3. Which word for school supplies is unique to Canada? I Don't Know Pencil crayon Duo-Tang Scribbler All 3 above

4. Which is not a level of amateur sports? I Don't Know Mosquito Bantam Blackfly Atom

5. A slang name for a piece of land promoted as having mining potential

that is in fact worthless... I Don't Know Muskox tundra Moose pasture Caribou ground Elk meadow

6. A slang name for a beer belly is... I Don't Know Labatt muscle Sleeman's muscle Kokanee muscle Molson muscle

7. The revenge of the cradle is... I Don't Know Tendency of babies to wake up @ 4 A.M. Extremely high birthrate amongst French Canadians in 19th Century Retaliation by much younger lover dumped by older person Cost of raising a family

8. Newfoundland cake made from rice, pork and molasses is... I Don't Know Lumpgut Bangbelly Thudpot Heavytummy

9. How many Provinces and Territories are in Canada? I Don't Know 9 11 13 14

10. What is Canada's latest Territory? I Don't Know Northwest Territories Nunavut Allofit Newfoundland

11. If you visit Atlantic Canada but are not from there, you're a? I Don't Know Don't-belong-here Come-from-away Come-in-on-the-tide Wash-up-on-the-shore

12. A New Brunswicker is a Herring ______? I Don't Know Kisser Catcher Choker Eater

13. Which was Canada's only female Prime Minister? I Don't Know Alexa McDonough Adrienne Clarkson Kim Campbell Flora McDonald

14. Where is Canada's highest waterfall located? I Don't Know Henderson Lake, B.C. Della Falls, B.C. Carmanah Walbran Provincial Park, B.C.

15. Which of these Alberta cities is divided between 2 provinces? I Don't Know Leduc Medicine Hat Lloydminster

16. Where in Manitoba is Canada's only seaport on Hudson Bay? I Don't Know Churchill Hubbart Point Baldy Mountain

17. When did Canada adopt the Maple Leaf for its Canadian National flag? I Don't Know 1949 1965 1982

18. Mile 0 of the Trans-Canada Highway is situated in which Canadian city? I Don't Know Hartland, N.B. Victoria, B.C. Summerside, P.E.I. St. John's, Nfld.

19. Where did the greatest one-day snowfall in Canada occur? I Don't Know Quaqtaq, Quebec Burntcoat Head, N.S. Tahtsa Lake, B.C.

20. Where did Canada's oil industry start? I Don't Know Oil Springs, Ontario Petrolia, Ontario Leduc, Alberta Taylor, B.C.

21. What is Canada's largest source of humour? joe-ks.com www.joe-ks.com http://www.joe-ks.com

1) Rhinoceros Party

2) Beer with tomato juice

3) Duo-Tan (?)

4) Atom

5) Moose Pasture (just seemed odd name)

6) Molson Muscle (?)

7) High Birthrate in Quebec

8) Bangbelly (?)

9) 11 ( I thought there was 10, so this is a guess)

10) Nunavut (?)

11) Come-From-Away (?)

12) Chocker (only because someone mentioned it b4)

13) Clarkson (?)

14) Della Falls (?)

15) Lloydminster (?)

16) Churchill

17) 1949 (?)

18) Summerside, P.E.I. (?)

19) Quaqtaq (?)

20) I have no idea

21) Toronto Maple Leafs :hehe:

There were about 4 or 5 that I actually knew, the rest are either educated guesses or random guesses. :lol: I did absolutely know the first 2 tho :)

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
Nah...it's not like they're all common knowledge questions.

People should know things like how many provinces and territories there are, what the most recent territory is, who was the only female Prime Minister etc. I don't think people are expected to know that Newfies are "herring chokers" or that Tahtsa Lake had the most recorded snowfall in Canada...

I have never once heard that Canada had a female Prime Minister. I don't recall ever hearing that until this poll actually. I don't know much about Canadian Geography either actually so I got those wrong as well...

I'm just a wanderer in the desert winds...

Timeline

Oct - Job offer in US

Nov - Received my TN-1 to be authorized to work in the US

Nov - Moved to US

1998-2001

Recieved 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th TN

May - Met future wife at arts fest

Nov - Recieved 6th TN

Nov - Recieved 7th TN

Jul - Our Wedding

Aug - Filed for AOS

Sep - Recieved EAD

Sep - Recieved Advanced Parole

Jan - Interview, accepted for Green Card

Feb - Green Card Arrived in mail

Oct - I-751 sent off

Jan - 10 year Green Card accepted

Mar - 10 year Green Card arrived

Oct - Filed N-400 for Naturalization

Nov - Biometrics done

Nov - Just recieved Naturalization Interview date for Jan.

Jan - Naturalization Interview Completed

Feb - Oath Letter recieved

Feb - Oath Ceremony

Feb 21 - Finally a US CITIZEN (yay)

THE END

Ouch, I got 9 out of 21.

I guessed pretty much all of them.

~*Relationship Info In Profile And Fiance(e) Visa/Adjustment of Status/Removal Of Conditions Info In My Timeline*~

Looking for your favourite Canadian foods that you can't find in the US?

Try this site! http://www.canadianfavourites.com/

I don't agree with the answer for the Red Eye...it should be Clamato juice, not tomato!

19/21 with some WAGs in there.

Post on Adjudicators's Field Manual re: AOS and Intent: My link
Wedding Date: 06/14/2009
POE at Pearson Airport - for a visit, did not intend to stay - 10/09/2009
Found VisaJourney and created an account - 10/19/2009

I-130 (approved as part of the CR-1 process):
Sent 10/01/2009
NOA1 10/07/2009
NOA2 02/10/2010

AOS:
NOA 05/14/2010
Interview - approved! 07/29/10 need to send in completed I-693 (doctor missed answering a couple of questions) - sent back same day
Green card received 08/20/10

ROC:
Sent 06/01/2012
Approved 02/27/2013

Green card received 05/08/2013

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline
:o I scored 15.

Don't just open your mouth and prove yourself a fool....put it in writing.

It gets harder the more you know. Because the more you find out, the uglier everything seems.

kodasmall3.jpg

Timeline

It's just a little sprained. I tape it up to do the unboxing and unloading as i can't stand not able type properly. I want to give HUGE kudos to AFB Upack. they were awesome. I have just unpacked all my glass, pottery and unbreakables. Not a single thing broken or chipped. we'll see how well the PCs survived the ride.

I do have to tell anyone thinking of using them as they are great BUT the onus is on you to pack stuff well. I had everything bungee-corded down and if there were any spaces between boxes, I stuffed them full with old blankets, towels and spare boxes so that there was no movement or sliding. Seems to have worked.

I'm very happy with the service I got. They did a good job.

How well did your stuff ship lgg - nothing scratched or dented? Sorry to hear you hurt your fingers.

USCIS

NOA #2: Approval June 25th, 2009 - 92 days

NVC

July 8, 2009 to August 10, 2009 - 28 days

Interview Assigned - December 3, 2009 - FINALLY!!

Medical - December 14, 2009 - Passed

Embassy/Interview - January 26, 2010 Montreal, Quebec Canada - 167 days PASSED!!!

Port of Entry - February 26, 2010 Baltimore International, Maryland

USCIS -- ROC package sent off

November 26, 2011 to Vermont station November 30, 2011 received NOA1December 16, 2011 received biometrics appointment.

January 04, 2012 Biometrics

September 2, 2012, RFE Received.

September 22, 2012 RFE responded to

October 15, 2012 ROC approved, 10 Green card on its way.

kermit_the_frog1237963302.jpg

"Here's some simple advice: Always be yourself. Never take yourself too seriously.

And beware of advice from experts, pigs, and members of Parliament."

Kermit the Frog

Visit my News Feed Page -- Good Reads for Everyone!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

10/21... and definitely a lot of guesses :blink:

AoS Process

AoS/EAD/AP file sent: 2011-02-16

Received: 2011-02-17

NOA: 2011-02-22

Touched: 2011-02-24

Hard copy NOAs received : 2011-02-28

Biometrics letter received: 2011-02-28

Biometrics appt: 2011-03-17

EAD & AP approved: 2011-04-28

AOS appt: 2011-05-12 (notice sent April 6) APPROVED :)

event.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.