UmmSqueakster

The Qur'an thread

14 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

SubhanAllah (glory be to God), with the ever expanding power of the internet, the availability of quran related resources is exploding. Hardly a day goes by that I don't stumble upon another little gem spinning out there in cyberspace.

So, if you come across quran related material, translations, recitation, etc, please post it here. I'm especially interested in favorite recitors. I've been trying to listen to a new person each day.

jazakAllah khair (may God reward you)

Translations

Al Tafsir - Qur'an in arabic and several english translations as well as tafsir This site continues to expand

Ali, Pickthall and Shakir translations side by side

Free Quran

CAIR's Free Qur'an give away - take a long time to get, but excellent excellent excellent copy of Muhammad Asad's translation.

In English, Spanish and French

Recitation

Islam Channel's collection of recitorsIslamway's collection of recitors

Aswat al Islam's collection of recitors

Videos

- Abdul Basit is known as the Nightengale of the Qur'an. Search for "Abdul Basit" in youtube and google videos, and there are many videos to chose from.

Quran DVD - Recitation with english translation

Multimedia presentations

Surah Maryam flash

Surah Qaf flash

10/14/05 - married AbuS in the US lovehusband.gif

02/23/08 - Filed for removal of conditions.

Sometime in 2008 - Received 10 year GC. Almost done with USCIS for life inshaAllah! Huzzah!

12/07/08 - Adopted the fuzzy feline love of my life, my Squeaky baby th_catcrazy.gif

02/23/09 - Apply for citizenship

06/15/09 - Citizenship interview

07/15/09 - Citizenship ceremony. Alhamdulilah, the US now has another american muslim!

irhal.jpg

online rihla - on the path of the Beloved with a fat cat as a copilot

These comments, information and photos may not be reused, reposted, or republished anywhere without express written permission from UmmSqueakster.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Algeria
Timeline

Hehe.. funny that you mention the Qu'ran with Spanish translation.. I have a friend from Los Angeles and he saw a muslim woman.. on the phone.. he wasn't paying attention to her.. but then he listened a little more closely and she was speaking spanish!!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

It's not an internet source, but if you get any of the Dish Network's Arabic packs, you get Zikr radio -- a satellite tv station that plays Quran recitations (no visuals).

Twila

OUR VISA JOURNEY

02/24/05 - Mailed K-1 to TSC

03/18/05 - K-1 Approval from CSC

06/16/05 - K-1 Interview in Casablanca, Morocco

06/29/05 - K-1 Visa issued

07/07/05 - SO arrives in US

07/22/05 - Married in religious ceremony and reception with family & friends

07/25/05 - Married in civil ceremony

09/14/05 - Mailed AOS/EAD

12/28/05 - AOS/EAD biometrics in West Palm Beach

01/03/06 - EAD card arrives

03/08/06 - AOS interview and AOS approval in West Palm Beach

03/13/06 - Welcome to America letter arrives

03/18/06 - Green card arrives in mail

12/10/07 - I-751 mailed to TSC

12/26/07 - NOA receipt date (from transfer to VSC)

02/14/08 - Biometrics appointment

10/17/08 - Approval date

10/24/08 - Approval letter received

10/25/08 - 10 year green card arrived

10/06/09 - N-400 mailed to Texas Lockbox

10/08/09 - NOA priority date

11/06/09 - Biometrics

01/04/10 - Interview

01/13/10 - Oath Ceremony

Bx82m5.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Spain
Timeline

Thank you for these links...A good one that I have found (for a beginner) is a podcast on Itunes. You can download Itunes for free and get the podcasts for free, and then put them on your MP3 player. Each week they release a Sura, but they started in the winter so they have a lot published. Each Ayah (I think that is what they are called) is read in Arabic and then translated in English. If you go to podcasts and type in "Quran Weekly" you can find it.

03/09/07 - POE at JFK - Temp EAD given

03/13/07 - Married

AOS

04/20/07 - Package arrived in Chicago

04/26/07 - NOA1 for AOS and AP

05/08/07 - AP touched

05/22/07 - Biometrics

05/23/07 - RFE email notification for 485

05/29/07 - RFE received by mail - Request for medical exam

06/01/07 - Contacted congressman regarding RFE

06/08/07 - Case resumed processing

10/01/07 - Email Notice of Transfer to CSC

10/04/07 - Pending at CSC

11/09/07 - Green Card Approved

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

Those kids are adorable mashaAllah. I really needed this bumped today. *sooth thyself my soul*

Now, I've emailed this site and asked if they have permission to post these cds. inshaAllah when I get a reply, I'll let ya'll know. I really really really hope that they have permission because many of the recordings and lectures on this site are excellent. I believe the articles are salafi in orientation, or at least non-madhabi, just in the interest of full disclosure. I'm sticking to the Qur'an page and the lectures of Shaykh Anwar Al-Awlaki.

Street Dawah Quran page

Even if you can find stuff free on the internet, if you benefit from it, consider purchasing something from the same lecturer/quran reciter. These brothers and sisters are working for the sake of Allah (swt), but they also need to put food on the table. If everyone gets their work for free, they won't have the resources to continue to produce such excellent materials.

Sometime in 2008 - Received 10 year GC. Almost done with USCIS for life inshaAllah! Huzzah!

12/07/08 - Adopted the fuzzy feline love of my life, my Squeaky baby th_catcrazy.gif

07/15/09 - Citizenship ceremony. Alhamdulilah, the US now has another american muslim!

irhal.jpg

These comments, information and photos may not be reused, reposted, or republished anywhere without express written permission from UmmSqueakster.

I went to the link you provided and I said to my husband "look at this site" and instant message him the link (even though he is sitting right next to me) and the first thing he notices is the machine gun in the upper right corner which I totally missed :lol:

Those kids are adorable mashaAllah. I really needed this bumped today. *sooth thyself my soul*

Now, I've emailed this site and asked if they have permission to post these cds. inshaAllah when I get a reply, I'll let ya'll know. I really really really hope that they have permission because many of the recordings and lectures on this site are excellent. I believe the articles are salafi in orientation, or at least non-madhabi, just in the interest of full disclosure. I'm sticking to the Qur'an page and the lectures of Shaykh Anwar Al-Awlaki.

Street Dawah Quran page

Even if you can find stuff free on the internet, if you benefit from it, consider purchasing something from the same lecturer/quran reciter. These brothers and sisters are working for the sake of Allah (swt), but they also need to put food on the table. If everyone gets their work for free, they won't have the resources to continue to produce such excellent materials.

Timeline
I went to the link you provided and I said to my husband "look at this site" and instant message him the link (even though he is sitting right next to me) and the first thing he notices is the machine gun in the upper right corner which I totally missed :lol:

The machine gun thing made me go :huh: Young thugs runnin the site, but hey, they have some good stuff up :whistle:

irhal.jpg

Filed: Timeline

Assalaamu alaikum,

Please be careful of this site ya ukhti. I am not sure about it. They don't have an 'about us' button to check who they are but under their 'manhaj' section they have a link for 'salafiyyah jihadiyyah' and this is not a manhaj. I'm afraid this may be an extremist group misunderstanding and misrepresenting as-salafiyyah, Allahu 'alim.

fi aman Allah (F)

• 3 weeks later...
Timeline

Online Qur'an player - http://www.mosquepraiseallah.com/quranaudio.html

You can listen to the whole Quran with english translation. It scrolls right from one surah to the next, which is nice :thumbs: I believe the translation is Pickthall, which I like. The other popular english translation audio does cheesey booming effects that take away from the words and the meaning.

irhal.jpg

Timeline
Quranic Realm - has several translation that you can chose to show side by side. Again, just to state my personal preference, I am not a fan of the Muhsin Khan translation. The Sahih translation is similar, but I like that one because it removes the tafsir (commentary) from the actual verse and simply focuses on God's words themselves.

irhal.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

Hi everyone! :)

K-1 Timeline

11-29-05: Mailed I-129F Petition to CSC

12-06-05: NOA1

03-02-06: NOA2

03-23-06: Interview Date May 16

05-17-06: K-1 Visa Issued

05-20-06: Arrived at POE, Honolulu

07-17-06: Married

AOS Timeline

08-14-06: Mailed I-485 to Chicago

08-24-06: NOA for I-485

09-08-06: Biometrics Appointment

09-25-06: I-485 transferred to CSC

09-28-06: I-485 received at CSC

10-18-06: AOS Approved

10-21-06: Approval notice mailed

10-23-06: Received "Welcome Letter"

10-27-06: Received 2 yr Green Card

I-751 Timeline

07-21-08: Mailed I-751 to VSC

07-25-08: NOA for I-751

08-27-08: Biometrics Appointment

02-25-09: I-751 transferred to CSC

04-17-09: I-751 Approved

06-22-09: Received 10 yr Green Card

N-400 Timeline

07-20-09: Mailed N-400 to Lewisville, TX

07-23-09: NOA for N-400

08-14-09: Biometrics Appointment

09-08-09: Interview Date Oct 07

10-30-09: Oath Ceremony

11-20-09: Received Passport!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.