kennym

Initial Submission - Question

12 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

All...

I might actually get this sent off this year :)

Still preparing my initial submital of the I129F and associated documents. I've been going through all my documentation. I have a question about a few things.

A few months ago, My Fiancee and I got 2 passport photos, then last week, while in Colombia, I had 10 more done of each of us just in case I needed more..

However, I noticed the photos are diferent.. the Initial 2 photos are about 2" x 2" and show head and full Shoulders.. The second set (Most recent photos) are about 1" x 1.5 " inches and show the head but not the full Shoulders...

So Which one is correct? I notice my actual US Passport Photo is the same size as the the second set of photos taken.. But when looking on the DOS Website it describes 2" x 2" Photo with head and complete shoulders...

Which is acceptable for submission with the G-325?

The other things are my list of confusion is:

• I believe I read that I need to send in 1 Original and 1 extra copy of everything. Is that correct?
  • Do I send in a Passport Photo with each copy of the G-325 or is one photo enough?

Thanks again

Kenny

Filed: Country: Spain
Timeline

Hello Kenny!

In the guides of K1 here in this website you will see where says fiance passport type photo there's a link to specifications of it...isn't just the picture inches but the position of the head, eyes line, light, background etc. I had to resend to my fiance the passport pictures because of that and yeah in the specifications say to show till half of the chest (so full shoulders). Anyway in that specification (is PDF) you have samples of right and wrong pictures, measures and all you need. Just bring that info to your photographer and you won't have any problem!

Hope the info has been useful for you!

Good luck in the process :)

Timeline

Thanks Guys...

In the guides of K1 here in this website you will see where says fiance passport type photo there's a link to specifications.

The Passport Photo in my passport is what got me confused, it does not match the example in the Document. However the second set of passport photos I took in Colombia is the same as the Photo in My Passport, but does not match the specs in the document referenced above.. So that's the reason it was confusing to me... No Problem now, I'll follow the Document for Dept of State and send the 2" x 2" Photos...

However, the second half of my confusion is as follows...

IMPORTANT!

Make TWO copies of the entire package before you send it in. This includes the money orders too. You want to have a perfect replica of the package you are sending in. All Forms that you submit must be originals with original signatures. Supporting Evidence that you submit may be photocopies. Retain ALL original supporting Evidence since the USCIS has the right to check them by issuing an RFE (Request For Evidence). If you receive an RFE, follow the direction exactly, and make two copies of what you sent back. During any future interviews the USCIS may also want to examine the original supporting evidence.

In the guides it says to make two copies.. No Problem, Done... I've got more than 2 copies, so real good shape there,...... But do I need to send a copy to the USCIS or is one orginal ok? And if I need to send additional copies, do I need to send additonal passport photos as well to go along with each copy.. This is why I'm concerened.. I have only 2 Passport Photos of my fiancee which matches the documentation above.. so if I need more, can I have the photo's copied at a photo center?

Sorry if I seem slow, but really want to get this submittal right...

Thanks Again

Kenny

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
Thanks Guys...

The Passport Photo in my passport is what got me confused, it does not match the example in the Document. However the second set of passport photos I took in Colombia is the same as the Photo in My Passport, but does not match the specs in the document referenced above.. So that's the reason it was confusing to me... No Problem now, I'll follow the Document for Dept of State and send the 2" x 2" Photos...

However, the second half of my confusion is as follows...

In the guides it says to make two copies.. No Problem, Done... I've got more than 2 copies, so real good shape there,...... But do I need to send a copy to the USCIS or is one orginal ok? And if I need to send additional copies, do I need to send additonal passport photos as well to go along with each copy.. This is why I'm concerened.. I have only 2 Passport Photos of my fiancee which matches the documentation above.. so if I need more, can I have the photo's copied at a photo center?

Sorry if I seem slow, but really want to get this submittal right...

Thanks Again

Kenny

2x2 inch photos are correct; 1 inch from the top of your hair to your chin; and for your copies, my instruction only says to send one, i guess we can send 2 of each just in case they need it? :)

If you are worried they need more later on, see, it's better to take your own photo, then at least you have a copy and u can redevelop more later on if you need to. I did my own photo with a white wall, and then just use this website to make it a passport photo perfect.

PASSPORT PIC

It's free and easy. I just did that and sent it to a store to develop. 19 cents for 6 photos, what a deal! :)

-Dot

Edited by Dot

K1 JOURNEY

03/10/2010 - Sent I-129F via Priority USPS-Arrived 03/12/10

03/16/2010 - USCIS deposited $455 check & generated case # 03/17/10

03/15/2010 -NOA1 Dated

03/19/2010 -NOA1 Received

-NOA2 Received

05/17/2010 -Packet III Received by Fiance (Beneficiary)

02/22/2011 -K1 visa approved and issued in Vancouver, BC.

07/08/2011 -POE US territory-

07/11/2011 -Got to my arms in SF

08/09/2011 -Married!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

You don't need any more photos. The guide specification that you make copies of your packet is for you, so that you have a record of what you've submitted, so that you may send a complete copy of the petition packet to your fiance for the interview, and so that you have replacements if you get an RFE.

Somebody correct me if I'm wrong.

owl.jpg

I-129F Sent : 2010-02-01

I-129F NOA1 : 2010-02-08

I-129F NOA2 : 2010-03-12

NVC Received : 2010-03-18

NVC Left : 2010-03-22

Consulate Received : 2010-04-12

Packet 3 Received : 2010-04-14

Packet 3 Sent : 2010-04-16 (logged 2010-04-27)

Packet 4 Received : 2010-04-29

Interview Date : 2010-06-02

Interview Result : APPROVED!!!!!!

Visa in hand: 2010-06-09

POE: 2010-06-11

We is married now!: 2010-06-24

Timeline

Don't worry about it. I sent to my fiance just 2 passport photos (remember to look at the guide so as u said you will follow it won't be any problem). What you have to do is like putting together two identical packages. Remember not to do a photocopy because the signature must be original.

The second package is in case was lost something or else. You always have to cover possible problems with one extra copy of everything.

Oh! Remember that you have to print and send as well the instructions for the G-325 A when you download the G-325 A it has two pages, one is the form and another the instructions so you have to print and send both. My fiance called USCIS and they told him to send it. Then we were thinking about send 4 copies of it like it was before. With the new form you just need to send one (i say that just in case you have that question later because we had it).

Ok, so don't panic! just read carefully everything, do everything following the instructions and thousand check all before sending! I was panicking before we sent the package and some good person from here told me to not panic...now she's my visa angel counselor.

:)

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
[*]I believe I read that I need to send in 1 Original and 1 extra copy of everything. Is that correct?

[*]Do I send in a Passport Photo with each copy of the G-325 or is one photo enough?

Thanks again

Kenny

You send the petition and supporting documents, some of which will be originals and some copies. The second "copy" of the package is for you to keep. The new G325a is one page. You send one original for each of you and one photo. The photo has nothing whatsoever to do with the G325a as both are sent in support of the petition itself.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Timeline
Don't worry about it. I sent to my fiance just 2 passport photos (remember to look at the guide so as u said you will follow it won't be any problem). What you have to do is like putting together two identical packages. Remember not to do a photocopy because the signature must be original.

Ok, Thanks, that clears up the question.. I only have two Passport photos in my possession which fits the Requirements.. That makes me nervous, I wonder if I can legitimately make a copy of that photo just in case...

Oh! Remember that you have to print and send as well the instructions for the G-325 A when you download the G-325 A it has two pages, one is the form and another the instructions so you have to print and send both.

This is good to know, I was not planning to include the instructions, so now I will include the instruction page with my Submittal.. Thanks so much for sharing this, because I would have messed this one up..

Ok, so don't panic! just read carefully everything, do everything following the instructions and thousand check all before sending! I was panicking before we sent the package and some good person from here told me to not panic...now she's my visa angel counselor.

No Panic??? lol... :) - Not sure if I can avoid that, but sure is good to know I'm not the only one... :)

Thank you for your help...

Timeline
You send the petition and supporting documents, some of which will be originals and some copies. The second "copy" of the package is for you to keep. The new G325a is one page. You send one original for each of you and one photo. The photo has nothing whatsoever to do with the G325a as both are sent in support of the petition itself.

Hello pushbrk

Thank You, or as they say in Colombia, "Muchas Gracias"

Hope you're doing well... Thanks for all your help...

Timeline

Good luck!

Regarding the picture i don't know but under my point of view...if you could do a copy of it like if the photographer printed again the pictures (same format, color and material of true photos) there's no difference as if she was taking more photos.

I don't know till what point you would be able to do that...anyway you have the another picture of the copy you keep just in case.

Best of lucks!!!!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline
Oh! Remember that you have to print and send as well the instructions for the G-325 A when you download the G-325 A it has two pages, one is the form and another the instructions so you have to print and send both. My fiance called USCIS and they told him to send it. Then we were thinking about send 4 copies of it like it was before. With the new form you just need to send one (i say that just in case you have that question later because we had it). :)
This is good to know, I was not planning to include the instructions, so now I will include the instruction page with my Submittal.. Thanks so much for sharing this, because I would have messed this one up..

You do not send the G325A instructions. They're instructions not actually part of the form. If you want to send them, go ahead it won't affect anything, but you don't need to send them.. they'll just throw them out 'cause why do they need to know that?

I'm interested "Seven".. why do you think the instructions need to be sent? Does this mean you sent other forms instructions??

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.