Brad and Vika

Some people are such big meanies!

185 posts in this topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline
I believe it was the other way around...I believe Charles was baiting Mox....

What I saw, too, was Charles! baiting Mox. Bizarre action for a moderator ... but it was Charles! !!

5-15-2002 Met, by chance, while I traveled on business

3-15-2005 I-129F
9-18-2005 Visa in hand
11-23-2005 She arrives in USA
1-18-2006 She returns to Russia, engaged but not married

11-10-2006 We got married!

2-12-2007 I-130 sent by Express mail to NSC
2-26-2007 I-129F sent by Express mail to Chicago lock box
6-25-2007 Both NOA2s in hand; notice date 6-15-2007
9-17-2007 K3 visa in hand
11-12-2007 POE Atlanta

8-14-2008 AOS packet sent
9-13-2008 biometrics
1-30-2009 AOS interview
2-12-2009 10-yr Green Card arrives in mail

2-11-2014 US Citizenship ceremony

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

so, just because Mox and Charles don't play well together, the thread must be closed?

Nope. Charles! didn't close the thread because he and mox don't play well together, he closed the thread because of TOS violations. When you make charles! wear the mod hat, he's obligated to wear it.

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"

Nope. Charles! didn't close the thread because he and mox don't play well together, he closed the thread because of TOS violations. When you make charles! wear the mod hat, he's obligated to wear it.

Sorry Slim...I'll have to poke the bear....where is the TOS violation?

K1

09/11/08 - I-129F Sent
09/16/08 - I-129F NOA1
02/06/09 - I-129F NOA2
02/13/09 - NVC Received
04/06/09 - NVC Left
04/09/09 - Embassy Received
05/18/09 - Interview Passed/Visa Approved
05/21/09 - Visa Received (picked up at Fedex in Kiev)
05/28/09 - Entered U.S. via JFK
05/29/09 - Applied for SS#
06/08/09 - SS# Received in the mail
06/12/09 - Applied for a Marriage License
06/19/09 - Wedding Day
07/03/09 - SS# under new name received in the mail

AOS/EAD/AP
07/27/09 - I-485, I-765 & I-131 Sent
07/31/09 - Package arrived in Chicago
08/03/09 - NOA for all 3 forms
08/27/09 - Case transferred to CSC
09/02/09 - Biometrics appointment - Done
09/03/09 - EAD touched
09/04/09 - AOS touched
09/14/09 - AP & EAD approved - Card Ordered
09/18/09 - AP Received in the mail
09/21/09 - EAD Card received in the mail
09/25/09 - AOS Approved
09/29/09 - Green Card Sent
10/02/09 - Green Card Received.
12/18/09 - Got my Drivers License.

ROC
06/27/11 - I-751 Sent.
07/01/11 - NOA.
08/15/11- Biometrics appointment.
03/17/12- ROC Approved - No Interview.

Naturalization
01/21/15 - N-400 Sent

04/15/15 - Became a US Citizen

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

I was so looking forward to going back and forth with VV in that thread...

You know mox and I tickle his funny bone. In our comments we did not violate any TOS, but later on it just got sidetracked...

Слава Україні!

--------------------
Full Timeline

chimpanzee.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline
sounds like fascism....it's not right.... as TexasTBone says "si man" !!!! :rofl:
Uh, si man?

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

First things first...:

Why in the hell couldn't this wait until after the weekend. You know I would much rather be trying to keep tabs on a cluster-f from work.

NOT that I don't do a f-ton-of-work (for those that are worried), but some of us need a little something to keep us sane through the week.

Second:

I really don't support either side. I'm inclined to give those with disputes a knife and just have at it. It did however seem (from an unedjimcated bystander) that Mox threw a big pie in the face to Charles when he was trying to do his job.

-Don't Flame me YET!-

After doing a little drink-n-read it appears there is a plethora of background info to suggest they've had a feud since before cave men discovered nude cave art.

Which leads me to my third.

Third:

For the love of polygamy would someone please bring some background to this apocalyptic battle. Who's cheerio's got urinated in? When/how did it all start. And if you're not tired of typing; why does Charles have such a negative stigma as a mod?

I'm not looking for who is right, who is wrong, just the facts as you know them. So some of us don't feel like a deaf guy in a mosh pit.

First things first...:

Why in the hell couldn't this wait until after the weekend. You know I would much rather be trying to keep tabs on a cluster-f from work.

NOT that I don't do a f-ton-of-work (for those that are worried), but some of us need a little something to keep us sane through the week.

Second:

I really don't support either side. I'm inclined to give those with disputes a knife and just have at it. It did however seem (from an unedjimcated bystander) that Mox threw a big pie in the face to Charles when he was trying to do his job.

-Don't Flame me YET!-

After doing a little drink-n-read it appears there is a plethora of background info to suggest they've had a feud since before cave men discovered nude cave art.

Which leads me to my third.

Third:

For the love of polygamy would someone please bring some background to this apocalyptic battle. Who's cheerio's got urinated in? When/how did it all start. And if you're not tired of typing; why does Charles have such a negative stigma as a mod?

I'm not looking for who is right, who is wrong, just the facts as you know them. So some of us don't feel like a deaf guy in a mosh pit.

Let me preface this explanation by saying that mox and I get along ok, but I have never had a PERSONAL problem with Charles! either. That includes his moderating. I have noticed moderators sometimes trying to wear both hats (member and mod) at once. As Kathryn41 said, that can be tough to do - and I think the answer is - don't. When a mod is firing back and forth like one of us regular Joes or Janes (no offense to Joe), they shouldn't put on the mod hat and start enforcing TOS from the middle of the flame spitting. Go get an independent third party to moderate.

Mox's side of the story goes something like this. One day he was posting along, minding his own business, and Charles was posting on the same thread. As mox tends to do, he took umbrage at some comment Charles made, and went into one of those firespitting-dragon-with-a-hangover-and sour-stomach rants. Charles put on his mod hat after spitting fire right back. Mox called no-fair, and the mods gaffed him off - so he called, emailed, reported, recorded, and generally bitched about Charles wherever he found him. That went on until he started making nice with Nessa, who happens to be married to Charles in the nonvirtual world. Charles apparently felt (again, according to mox) that this wasn't kosher, and Nessa too carried on the battle. Now whenever mox baits or spits fire at or about Nessa, Charles or some other mod steps in.

The situation got so ridiculous and entertaining that Ewok apparently told Charles to quit interacting with mox at all. If Charles had done that, it would have accomplished the moderating independence I suggest above. Instead Charles started locking and deleting mox's threads - in other words, interacting with him after Ewok told him to stop. So mox continued to voilate TOS in protest until Charles tagged Kathryn41 to step in and ban mox for a day.

Mox has without a doubt made a pain in the azz of himself to Charles and the moderating team. That doesn't change the fact that some mods can go off the reservation with total impunity, any time they want. When members protest and follow normal channels, we often get blown off or told that the mods are overworked and imperfect. Those explanations are followed by all communications amongst the mods and Ewok being a secret - so when Charles or another mod steps out like that we usually can't really tell what they were told by Ewok. In this case Ewok was pretty public with the "Charles is not to play in the sandbox with mox" language. So what gives?

3dflags_ukr0001-0001a.gif3dflags_usa0001-0001a.gif

Travelers - not tourists

Friday.gif

Sorry Slim...I'll have to poke the bear....where is the TOS violation?

I asked Ewok the same question. He says he will be digging into the situation today - and both mox and Charles will have to explain some things. I suggested banning members and deleting offensive posts as the obvious alternative to locking threads. Since we eventually got to banning and deleting anyway, it seems logical.

Edited to say that mods who get too involved in fights could be banned from the forums they fight in - and members who chase a particular mod could be banned from the forums they chase a mod to. All done without restricting good (and fun) threads.

Edited by Brad and Vika

Travelers - not tourists

Friday.gif

Timeline

Does anyone here (besides me) remember Yodrak?

Yodrak was around a couple years ago. He posted a lot. I found him to be concise (sometimes to a fault), incisive, accurate and sometimes funny. He was a tremendous addition to VisaJourney and had great integrity. In the end, his integrity was his finest suit. He eventually became a moderator and was good at it. He had a light hand, fair hand.

One day, though, he apparently uncharacteristically lost his cool on in a string concerning Filipina and Thai women. He was criticized for it and criticized himself for it. Shortly afterward, he unfortunately disappeared for good. This is a shame, because his unfailingly accurate assessment of visa quandries was such a huge asset to the board. But, apparently, his sense of integrity forced him to leave after his misbehavior.

Current moderators, especially Charles!, just plain don't have either the insight or integrity that Yodrak displayed. It is a real shame that we have to put up with that sort of inferior moderation these days.

3-15-2005 I-129F
9-18-2005 Visa in hand

11-12-2007 POE Atlanta

9-13-2008 biometrics
1-30-2009 AOS interview

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline
...Mox threw a big pie in the face to Charles when he was trying to do his job.

except that it's part of Charles' mod job NOT to interact with Mox, so no ;)

...please bring some background to this apocalyptic battle. Who's cheerio's got urinated in? When/how did it all start.

there's no one answer to that... it's just an immutable law of the universe, like gravity :D

why does Charles have such a negative stigma as a mod?

at least partly because he's the least objective of the moderation team, and still posts plenty of things that others deem offensive, in a major or minor way; misogynist, rude, whatever, yet seems to be untouchable... despite MANY complaints from the general VJ public, both when the announcement of his appointment was made, and since, about specific issues, this is the first time that there has been ANY acknowledgement that he maybe might sometimes occasionally not make the best calls

and that is Ewok's prerogative - I do understand that he wants to keep discipline/otherwise of his moderation team off the public boards; that's reasonable - but the whitewashing of charles has just been ridiculous in the past; he doesn't even fit the description of 'what makes a good mod' that the site admin has developed, but somehow we're all supposed to ignore that and just let him do his thing, however stupid/illogical/unfair/subjective we deem said thing to be

061017001as.thumb.jpg

The Very Secret Diary of Legolas Son of Weenus - by Cassandra Claire

Day One: Went to Council of Elrond. Was prettiest person there. Agreed to follow some tiny little man to Mordor to throw ring into volcano. Very important mission - gold ring so tacky.

Day Six: Far too dark in Mines of Moria to brush hair properly. Am very afraid I am developing a tangle.

Orcs so silly.

Still the prettiest.

Day 35: Boromir dead. Very messy death, most unnecessary. Did get kissed by Aragorn as he expired. Does a guy have to get shot full of arrows around here to get any action? Boromir definitely not prettier than me. Cannot understand it. Am feeling a pout coming on.

Frodo off to Mordor with Sam. Tiny little men caring about each other, rather cute really.

Am quite sure Gimli fancies me. So unfair. He is waist height, so can see advantages there, but chunky braids and big helmet most off-putting. Foresee dark times ahead, very dark times.

Timeline

Personally, any day Mox is silenced is a good day. He asked for it...he got it.

I've never had any issue with Charles and he's rendered fair justice when I complained about personal attacks (which I rarely do). I don't consider my life defined by my VJ postings and my interactions with mods.

The VJ exists to help people get visas. The rest is just filler and anyone who takes it too seriously needs to get a life IMO.

As to my thread being reopened...I'm done. The posts have been interrupted and the energy lowered. Time to move to the next topic.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
So mox continued to voilate TOS in protest until Charles tagged Kathryn41 to step in and ban mox for a day.

Just to clarify - Charles didn't need to tag me to step in - when I signed in for the day I just followed the trail of all of the reports back to RUB and made my own decision. :)

Thanks for the history, though.

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Timeline
Just to clarify - Charles didn't need to tag me to step in - when I signed in for the day I just followed the trail of all of the reports back to RUB and made my own decision. :)

Thanks for the clarification, Kathryn41. Did I get the history on Yodrak correct? What's your take on the relevant comparison between integrity between the two moderators in question?

3-15-2005 I-129F
9-18-2005 Visa in hand

11-12-2007 POE Atlanta

9-13-2008 biometrics
1-30-2009 AOS interview

Bam! Contact!

No trouble, and for the record, I intend no offence to any one. If mox thinks I got any more of it wrong, we will no doubt hear about it. Thanks for your just-the-facts-sir attitude here. Tempers seem hot enough. Not sure why though - this is the web after all :lol:

Travelers - not tourists

Friday.gif

Timeline
Bam! Contact!

No trouble, and for the record, I intend no offence to any one. If mox thinks I got any more of it wrong, we will no doubt hear about it. Thanks for your just-the-facts-sir attitude here. Tempers seem hot enough. Not sure why though - this is the web after all :lol:

Brad, I want to acknowledge your recent even-handed and good-natured posts. IMO, you've evolved into one of the more sensible and humorous posters and I enjoy reading your stuff. The graphics aren't bad either.

As to Mox versus the Mods...my guess is Mox dislikes authority figures and, even greater, feels he is the true moderator and town sheriff. How dare anyone question his online behavior. And he has his posse of fellow posters to egg him on...many it seems from outside the actual RUB forum.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.