kennym

Immunization Confusion

6 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

All

A question regarding Immunizations..

Trying to prepare my fiancee for the required immunizations, the only information I found was the following..

http://travel.state.gov/visa/immigrants/info/info_1331.html

"IMPORTANT NOTICE TO IMMIGRANT VISA APPLICANTS CONCERNING VACCINATION REQUIREMENTS"

Is this the pertinent information we should use?

I asked my fiancee to gather her records and see her doctor about making sure all her vaccines are recorded and to get whatever vaccines she's missing done before we go for our interview..

Did I instruct her correctly? Is there a better way to handle this?

I've not found any clear direction on the consequences of bad vacination records or not having the required vaccines.. Can anyone clear this up for me or direct me to a source that clearly explains this particular subject?

Has anyone had any experience with this? ...and particularly with Colombia?

Thanks everyone..

Timeline

she needs vaccines: MMR (measles, mumps, rubella), tetanus, human papillomavirus (HPV) (just for women under 26 years old) and varicella. But is possible the doctor order more. I recommend if she needs some vaccines be applied at a date close to the interview

We can all make a difference. Please recycle

por favor no escribas en mayúsculas sostenidas, eso equivale a GRITAR

crazy-cats.jpg

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
she needs vaccines: MMR (measles, mumps, rubella), tetanus, human papillomavirus (HPV) (just for women under 26 years old) and varicella. But is possible the doctor order more. I recommend if she needs some vaccines be applied at a date close to the interview

HPV was eliminated in December.. no longer required

YMMV

The only vaccination REQUIRED for my finacee to get through the consular level interview was td. That is the only one she got and had never had any before. We didnt have any problems. (Well until now - we have to get all the rest completed for AOS)!

Not sure if the requirements vary from consulate to consulate. I guess that is one of the problems with the "system", to much inconsistency.

6/15/2009 Filed I-129F

12/15/2009 Interview (HCMC, VN)

1/16/2010 POE Detroit

3/31/2010 MARRIED !!!

11/20/2010 Filed I-485

12/23/2010 Biometrics (Buffalo, NY)

12/31/2010 I-485 Transfered to CSC

2/4/2011 Green Card received

1/7/2013 Mailed I-751 package

1/14/2013 I-751 NOA (VSC)

2/07/2013 Biometrics (Buffalo, NY)

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Thailand
Timeline
The only vaccination REQUIRED for my finacee to get through the consular level interview was td. That is the only one she got and had never had any before. We didnt have any problems. (Well until now - we have to get all the rest completed for AOS)!

Not sure if the requirements vary from consulate to consulate. I guess that is one of the problems with the "system", to much inconsistency.

I think this is correct. It varies from Consulate to Consulate. I asked in a thread specific to Thai people what to do. You might wish to go to the Central and South America forum to do the same. Also go to the Embassies web site for Bogota.

In Thailand, nore or very few of the Fiancees had their immunization records. I guess they do not think it is important to keep them. The doctors are very accustomed to this and run a blood test to see which immunizations they have had. Then the doctor gives the correct immunizations on a case by case basis.

Naturalization N-400

Timeline

Thanks everone for your replies..

It would help me to better understand that part of the process.. I am not at the stage yet, but just want to understand it better..

How does it work?

Once the K1 petition is approved, when do you find out about the shots you need? Do you need to have all your shots before the interview? If you dont have the shots, will you be required to return for another interview before your fiancee is approved for the VISA?

Can someone better explain this process to me?

Sorry for sounding stupid, but I have searched the Bogota Embassy and really cant find anything on this subject.. I am not sure if I'm looking in the right place..

Anyhow, I would love to have a better understanding of that part of the process.. If any of you have an experience with this, please let me know how the process works..

Thanks again all, for your help...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.