Ferqan

Helpless and devastated

14 posts in this topic

I am new here on this site and hopping some one can help me find the way out of the mess i have put my self in, here is my story:

I met my wife online , she came to pakistan 11/2008 and we got married then .

she filed I-130 and I-129 f

the process over all took about 15 months and i got the k3 visa ..evrything was fine between us till i moved here with her and her family in 8/2010

since then her father had brained washed her that i am here only for GC and thats why she is not doing my EAD or AOS.

me and her father don't get along at all as he makes fun of my religous and my ppl , my wife is expecting our baby girl in few days thats what kept me here with her otherwise i would had left the house on the first time her dad insulted me infront of her ..and when i ask her to move out of her family's house so we can have our own life together but her answer always finacial issue , i ask her then do my paper and i will work for us she says yes then after her dad comes around she changes her mind.

im so lost in all this

what are my option if she refuses to do my papers?

what are my rights as a father to claim my baby?

thank you

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
I am new here on this site and hopping some one can help me find the way out of the mess i have put my self in, here is my story:

I met my wife online , she came to pakistan 11/2008 and we got married then .

she filed I-130 and I-129 f

the process over all took about 15 months and i got the k3 visa ..evrything was fine between us till i moved here with her and her family in 8/2010

since then her father had brained washed her that i am here only for GC and thats why she is not doing my EAD or AOS.

me and her father don't get along at all as he makes fun of my religous and my ppl , my wife is expecting our baby girl in few days thats what kept me here with her otherwise i would had left the house on the first time her dad insulted me infront of her ..and when i ask her to move out of her family's house so we can have our own life together but her answer always finacial issue , i ask her then do my paper and i will work for us she says yes then after her dad comes around she changes her mind.

im so lost in all this

what are my option if she refuses to do my papers?

what are my rights as a father to claim my baby?

thank you

07-24-09 : MARRIED!!!

08-17-09 : I-130 Sent

08-24-09 : I-130 NOA1

09-24-09 : I-130 Approved

10-06-09 : NVC Received

10-17-09 : We Received DS-3032

10-19-09 : Returned Completed DS-3032

11-04-09 : Received IV Bill

11-05-09 : Paid IV Bill online

11-05-09 : Received Instruction Packet

11-21-09 : Paid I-864 fee online

11-19-09 : Received I-864 Package

11-20-09 : FedEx del. DS-230

11-23-09 : RFE on I-864

11-23-09 : Letter of Explanation sent covering dependent issue for RFE on I-864

11-25-09 : Letter Received by NVC

11-30-09 : Return Comp. I-864 signed for by J. Desmond

12-07-09 : Called NVC and they do not show receipt of DS-230 even thought it "may be in the building"

12-09-09 : RFE DS-230-Called NVC and found out we have an RFE on the DS-230, line 30....

12-10-09 : Overnighted RFE requested documents to NVC

12-28-09 : Flew to Lahore...couldn't stand being parted this long...two weeks with the hubby!!

01-05-10 : LOGIN FAILED!!

01-11-10 : Interview scheduled for Feb 4th!!! (doing the happy dance)

02-04-10 : APPROVED...but placed in AP

06-02-10 : STILL WAITING FOR VISA...will this ever be finished and we can finally be together?

07-09-10 : Visa Received!!!

07-17-10 : Arrived in the US safely via Chicago :-)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

sorry about that...I meant to say:

What a sad story, I'm so sorry to hear you've had a difficult time. This sounds like you may need legal counsel for advice on how to proceed with your naturalization and child custody case. What state are you in?

07-24-09 : MARRIED!!!

08-17-09 : I-130 Sent

08-24-09 : I-130 NOA1

09-24-09 : I-130 Approved

10-06-09 : NVC Received

10-17-09 : We Received DS-3032

10-19-09 : Returned Completed DS-3032

11-04-09 : Received IV Bill

11-05-09 : Paid IV Bill online

11-05-09 : Received Instruction Packet

11-21-09 : Paid I-864 fee online

11-19-09 : Received I-864 Package

11-20-09 : FedEx del. DS-230

11-23-09 : RFE on I-864

11-23-09 : Letter of Explanation sent covering dependent issue for RFE on I-864

11-25-09 : Letter Received by NVC

11-30-09 : Return Comp. I-864 signed for by J. Desmond

12-07-09 : Called NVC and they do not show receipt of DS-230 even thought it "may be in the building"

12-09-09 : RFE DS-230-Called NVC and found out we have an RFE on the DS-230, line 30....

12-10-09 : Overnighted RFE requested documents to NVC

12-28-09 : Flew to Lahore...couldn't stand being parted this long...two weeks with the hubby!!

01-05-10 : LOGIN FAILED!!

01-11-10 : Interview scheduled for Feb 4th!!! (doing the happy dance)

02-04-10 : APPROVED...but placed in AP

06-02-10 : STILL WAITING FOR VISA...will this ever be finished and we can finally be together?

07-09-10 : Visa Received!!!

07-17-10 : Arrived in the US safely via Chicago :-)

sorry about that...I meant to say:

What a sad story, I'm so sorry to hear you've had a difficult time. This sounds like you may need legal counsel for advice on how to proceed with your naturalization and child custody case. What state are you in?

i am in Merland ..

how will i porceed with naturalization when i don't even have social security or any document other than visa based on k3 and thats also will expire in 14 months if my wife refuses to file for my GC..

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

there's all kinds of areas of advice that have popped up on your topic -

but - i'll ask you one goofy question.

have you asked the iman or muallah at yer local mosque, in maryland, what to do ?

YOU SHOULD, at some point. soonish, if possible. it may be that he can help you with advice, also teach you how to placate yer wife's father in a non-violent fashion.

re: Adjustment of Status - if she won't do it, she won't do it. you have 14 months of not working before you are here illegally. I've not heard of a K-3 visa holder having status to 'self adjust' on their own - you need to find out if that is even possible.

re: divorce - if that's whats to happen, that's whats to happen - study the STATE GUIDELINES for Maryland - you have some rights as the father of the child.

re: the child - you will always be it's father - but it's up to you and your divorce lawyer on just how much 'rights' yer gonna get, after divorce. as is, right now - you and the wife are 50/50 with the child. I suggest you study up at the county courthouse about divorce proceedings - seek out the law library attached to the county courthouse, befriend the law librarian person there.

Good Luck ! There is not 'fast answer' for yer dilemma, alas.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: India
Timeline

If she's not gonna do it, she's not. I doubt there's any "self-adjust" from a K-3. The entire premise of the K-3 is to allow the spouse to enter the U.S. and then Adjust their Status to that of a LPR.

Consult two lawyers. One for immigration. One for child rights/divorce. Good luck.

Edited by sachinky

03/27/2009: Engaged in Ithaca, New York.
08/17/2009: Wedding in Calcutta, India.
09/29/2009: I-130 NOA1
01/25/2010: I-130 NOA2
03/23/2010: Case completed.
05/12/2010: CR-1 interview at Mumbai, India.
05/20/2010: US Entry, Chicago.
03/01/2012: ROC NOA1.
03/26/2012: Biometrics completed.
12/07/2012: 10 year card production ordered.

09/25/2013: N-400 NOA1

10/16/2013: Biometrics completed

12/03/2013: Interview

12/20/2013: Oath ceremony

event.png

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

One more reason K-3 is a bad idea.

Service Center : Vermont Service Center

Consulate : Bangkok, Thailand

Marriage : 2006-11-08

I-130 Sent : 2008-02-22

I-130 NOA1 : 2008-03-10

I-129F Sent : 2008-04-08

I-129F NOA1 : 2008-04-14

I-129F touched: 2008-05-06

I-130 touched: 2008-05-09

I-129F approved 2008-09-05

I-130 approved 2008-09-05

NVC received 2008-09-12

Pay I-864 2008-10-08

Pay IV bill 2008-10-08

Receive Instruction 2008-11-05

Case Complete 2008-11-18

Medical 2009-01-19/20 passed

Receive Pkt 4 2009-01-30

Interview 221g 2009-02-23

Second interview 2009-03-02 Approved

POE DFW 2009-03-07

Received SS card 2009-03-17

Received GC 2009-04-01

Done for 3 years or 10 years. Haven't decided yet.

(I'm going for the IR-1 and blowing off the K-3. Even if it takes an extra couple months, it's worth it to not have to deal with USCIS again)

"Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses yearning to breathe free, the wretched refuse of your teeming shore. Send these, the homeless, tempest-tost to me, I lift my lamp beside the golden door!"

Note:

Please fill out I-130, wait 6 months for approval, then 3 more months for an interview. (Unless of course we've bombed your country into the stone age, then you qualify for expedited processing.)

Welcome to the USA!!!

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

You would need to pay a separate fee but you CAN file your own EAD as a K3 without help from your wife and without filing AOS. EAD and work can then fund the possible solutions to your other problems. Without your wife's cooperation, you cannot get a green card. I think you'll find any attorney will tell you that there's no way you can force your child's mother to bring or send him to visit you outside the USA.

You can secure parental rights for while you're in the USA but you cannot get the permanent residency needed to exercise them indefinitely. You CAN apply to extend your K3 visa an additional two years but there is no guarantee of approval.

Edited by pushbrk

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

You would need to pay a separate fee but you CAN file your own EAD as a K3 without help from your wife and without filing AOS. EAD and work can then fund the possible solutions to your other problems. Without your wife's cooperation, you cannot get a green card. I think you'll find any attorney will tell you that there's no way you can force your child's mother to bring or send him to visit you outside the USA.

You can secure parental rights for while you're in the USA but you cannot get the permanent residency needed to exercise them indefinitely. You CAN apply to extend your K3 visa an additional two years but there is no guarantee of approval.

im just waiting for my baby to born and be there with my wife till she give birth to our daughter and i will then leave the house ,, but my wife threating me if i leave the house she will call usci and report me that i no longer live with her,

is that true if she report me then i will be deported within 30 days and will never see my daughter again?

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
im just waiting for my baby to born and be there with my wife till she give birth to our daughter and i will then leave the house ,, but my wife threating me if i leave the house she will call usci and report me that i no longer live with her,

is that true if she report me then i will be deported within 30 days and will never see my daughter again?

No, it is not true. If she divorces you, your legal status ends thirty days after the divorce is final. Moving out, in and of itself has no immigration related consequence.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

No, it is not true. If she divorces you, your legal status ends thirty days after the divorce is final. Moving out, in and of itself has no immigration related consequence.

Thank you so much for the quick reply , that really helped what to do next.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

have you talked with the imam at the local mosque, asked his advice?

You really should.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: India
Timeline

wow... what a sad story... I can tell you that women have all kind of hormonal moods that go along with pregnancy.. I pray that once the baby is born and she stablizes that maybe yall can work everything out.. its soo sad, and to think that there is a baby involved and that baby might not know her father :( My thoughts are with you

I bet you, if you did move out... you might have a few ppl following you :) just saying.. totally my opinion..

~ NVC Journey~

22 days at NVC

03/18/2010: Case Complete!

03/25/2010: Called NVC .. INTERVIEW May 27 @ 7:45!! Woot Woot

05/27/2010: Approved at the interview, but put on AP afterwards :(

06/27/2010: Really missing my Hubby :*(

07/29/2010: Visa Issued!! AP is OVER!!

07/31/2010: Visa in hand!!! Thank you GOD!

09/01/2010: POE JFK

2 Amazing Years Later!!!

~Lifting Conditions~

08/09/2012: File I-751 Packet

08/17/2012: NOA I-751 Receipt Notice recieved!

"Distance means nothing for love. Even the sun is so far away; yet, its energy blossoms the flowers on earth."

wow... what a sad story... I can tell you that women have all kind of hormonal moods that go along with pregnancy.. I pray that once the baby is born and she stablizes that maybe yall can work everything out.. its soo sad, and to think that there is a baby involved and that baby might not know her father :( My thoughts are with you

I bet you, if you did move out... you might have a few ppl following you :) just saying.. totally my opinion..

Thank you so much for your good wishes and input, i also hope that she will come to her sence and realize that her parent 's advice is the poisnon on our marriage ..

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.