frenzyheart

More P3 questions...

8 posts in this topic

Okay, fiance and I are wondering about the picture area on DS-156 that he filled and then printed out. We are supposed to attach (staple or glue, it says) his passport-esque picture there, correct? (I would assume so, but I don't want to jump the gun...)

ALSO: Just to make sure:

- Form DS-230 Part I

- Form DS-230 Supplemental Page, signed & dated

- Form DS-160 Confirmation Page

- Form DS-156K

- Form DS-156 (2 copies)

- Form DS-156 Supplemental Page, signed & dated (2 copies)

- Checklist, signed & dated

That look about right? (I took it directly from the cover letter, lol) All other docs are to be presented at his interview?

- Tiffanney & Matthew -

K1 VISA: 09/11/09 - 08/10/10

MARRIED: 10/10/10
AOS/EAD/AP: 02/22/11 - 05/04/11

ROC
04/04/13: Mailed off!

04/09/13: NOA1

I guess a mod can delete this. We just decided to wing it since we didn't get any responses. Here's to hoping everything's done right! :)

Thanks anyways!

- Tiffanney & Matthew -

ROC

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Hi Frenzy

Sorry, kind of brain dead when I looked at the post and still trying to remember...

Basically, I did not include any photos into any document -- instead upload a passport photo to computer and uploaded it to the document that we complete online.

The consul who did my paperwork just pasted the photos I brought with me to the interview.

I think your info is correct -- I would make sure to have photocopies of everything though.

Goodluck! :)

Finally married... and still married... ;)

Green card received: March 18, 2011

Removal of Conditions:

GC Expiration: March 11, 2012

Documents sent: December 13, 2011

NOA-1 received: December 15, 2011

Check cashed: Red said yes when asked

Biometrics: January 25, 2012

Letter approving 10-year GC: September 7, 2012

Production of 10-year GC: September 15, 2012

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Oh, good, since I just had a slight heart attack. We didn't put any picture on the DS-156. It says "Do not write in this space" so if figured I shouldn't put anything there. We just uploaded the picture for the online form and that is it. We will bring the 2 photos to the interview.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I was going to reply earlier but since Its been almost a year since I've been through the process I didn't want to give you any old information. They used to just ask you to bring all your paperwork to the interview, aside from the DS 230.

Like Darkchilde said, I didn't attach the photos to anything. The person who takes your paperwork in Montreal will paste them on for you.

Ahh, he just ended up paper-clipping one of the passport photos to it, and then we had the picture uploaded with the other one. We got photocopies of everything and finally got it sent off today. :)

- Tiffanney & Matthew -

ROC

Timeline

I don't know if you're going through Vancouver or Montreal. I emailed Vancouver specifically about the picture blank on the DS-156, as it was one of the forms they wanted faxed in advance of scheduling the interview, and I wanted to know if I should fax it with a picture there. They said I could fax it with or without the photo. I don't think it matters.

DON'T PANIC

"It says wonderful things about the two countries [Canada and the US] that neither one feels itself being inundated by each other's immigrants."

-Douglas Coupland

Timeline

for my online form the pic never worked..so i just am making sure to bring an extra for that one to the interview. other than that i did not submit any pics with any of the forms and dos told me all the paperwork i sent back was fine.

HWDWm6.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.