mendeleev

Quarterfinal hockey Russia

37 posts in this topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Anyone know if any of the NBC networks will broadcast this game on Wednesday?

5-15-2002 Met, by chance, while I traveled on business

3-15-2005 I-129F
9-18-2005 Visa in hand
11-23-2005 She arrives in USA
1-18-2006 She returns to Russia, engaged but not married

11-10-2006 We got married!

2-12-2007 I-130 sent by Express mail to NSC
2-26-2007 I-129F sent by Express mail to Chicago lock box
6-25-2007 Both NOA2s in hand; notice date 6-15-2007
9-17-2007 K3 visa in hand
11-12-2007 POE Atlanta

8-14-2008 AOS packet sent
9-13-2008 biometrics
1-30-2009 AOS interview
2-12-2009 10-yr Green Card arrives in mail

2-11-2014 US Citizenship ceremony

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
Anyone know if any of the NBC networks will broadcast this game on Wednesday?

If they play Canada I'm sure it will be on

Слава Україні!

--------------------
Full Timeline

chimpanzee.jpg

Last go-round for the Olympics I was explaining to my wife when we watch the Olympics we chant "U...S....A!.......U....S.....A!" with the little fist pump in the air. I asked her how they do it in Russia and she started pumping her fist and saying "Ro...see..ya!......Ro...see...ya!" - I was shocked! They completely stole that from us!

We've mutually agreed that in our house we can say either U...S...A or Ro..see...ya! However, both are trumped by "Amerrrricaaaa. FK! YEAH!"

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"

Timeline
Yeah, I would completely love to see Germany win, just to upset the Canadians. But it will likely be Russia vs. Canada, and that will be on, almost for sure.

To be quite honest, I was hoping for Rus v Can final hehe.

I know this might surprise some people here (especially VV) but I'd love Canada to take the gold, mostly because they have a great team this year.

So do Russians though and American's got Miller in the net, so yeah, we'll see

Also Sweden.....you never know with them :)

Слава Україні!

--------------------
Full Timeline

chimpanzee.jpg

We have DirecTV and they broadcast the hockey games on CNBC and some on MSNBC. But the regular NBC is a joke with the various competitions being broken up throughout their broadcast. They give a little ice skating, curling, cross country, etc. and none of it is in one consistent block. They spend more time talking among themselves and giving out commercials than any real Olympic coverage. I am so sick of Bob Costas I wish someone would push him down the bobsled run.

You will probably only see some highlights of the medal games for hockey on NBC is it involves Canada and of course, USA. I for one, would much prefer to see lots of competitors, no matter from what county than to listen to the NBC blowhards all day long. Luckily we have a DVR that allows us to skip quickly past the annoying commercials and the even more annoying commentary.

Timeline
We have DirecTV and they broadcast the hockey games on CNBC and some on MSNBC. But the regular NBC is a joke with the various competitions being broken up throughout their broadcast. They give a little ice skating, curling, cross country, etc. and none of it is in one consistent block. They spend more time talking among themselves and giving out commercials than any real Olympic coverage. I am so sick of Bob Costas I wish someone would push him down the bobsled run.

You will probably only see some highlights of the medal games for hockey on NBC is it involves Canada and of course, USA. I for one, would much prefer to see lots of competitors, no matter from what county than to listen to the NBC blowhards all day long. Luckily we have a DVR that allows us to skip quickly past the annoying commercials and the even more annoying commentary.

Best part was a Biathlon race, when they kept showing an American guy who came in 19th the whole time. I didn't even know who won, I had to go online and look it up.

Olympics is all about watching the sports. I don't care who wins, to be honest, but I wanna watch top 3 men and women fight for the pedestal, no matter the country.

I've never watched as little Olympics as I did this year, all due to sh!tty coverage

Слава Україні!

--------------------
Full Timeline

chimpanzee.jpg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline
Best part was a Biathlon race, when they kept showing an American guy who came in 19th the whole time. I didn't even know who won, I had to go online and look it up.

Olympics is all about watching the sports. I don't care who wins, to be honest, but I wanna watch top 3 men and women fight for the pedestal, no matter the country.

I've never watched as little Olympics as I did this year, all due to sh!tty coverage

I have had "the luck" to be in Canada these days and have had the chance to see the Olympics on Canadian TV. BIG DIFFERENCE!!!

In Canada they consistently have at least three channels showing different events LIVE! And usually with minimal interruptions. I love Speed Skating and during the Men's 1000 mts, I happened to watch every single pair from beginning to end without commercials and no matter which country the skater was from. This is in contrast to NBC showing the Men's 1500 mts on Sunday, when I could only watch the Americans and two other pairs, all of them with commercials in between.

Better yet, if you are in Canada, you can access ctvolympics and watch ANY event LIVE!

That's coverage! NBC's coverage really sucks, and I rarely watch it. I was even thinking of writing a letter to the IOC, comparing both experiences I have had.

I am sad because I have to watch the upcoming Football World Cup on American networks. My cable operator dropped the international broadcasters for some reason.

Timeline
I am sad because I have to watch the upcoming Football World Cup on American networks. My cable operator dropped the international broadcasters for some reason.

2006 WC coverage was AWFUL!!!

I hope I get some of the games on spanish channels here, otherwise, I'm just buying a pass for the games online and streaming that stuff

Слава Україні!

--------------------
Full Timeline

chimpanzee.jpg

2006 WC coverage was AWFUL!!!

I hope I get some of the games on spanish channels here, otherwise, I'm just buying a pass for the games online and streaming that stuff

I also hate the WC coverage, with is constant reference to "PKs" and trying to explain everything via baseball analogies

90day.jpg

Unless you have Telemundo or Univision, don't expect to see any WC action unless USA is playing.

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"

Timeline
Unless you have Telemundo or Univision, don't expect to see any WC action unless USA is playing.

That's not true :)

They had games on ESPN 2 four years ago.

And some of those were even with British commentators!

Слава Україні!

--------------------
Full Timeline

chimpanzee.jpg

Wow, when I lived in Canada I believe they showed every single game. Two things I hate about this country: health care system and their stupidity when it comes to sports.

I HATE miles, gallons, pints, words spelled without u's, and all that other jazz...

07/21/07 Entered United States on K1 visa

08/18 Married

10/20 Sent AOS package to Chicago; arrived on 10/22

11/21 Biometrics appointment

12/14 EAD card production ordered; AP approved

12/15 AOS transferred to CSC

12/22 AP arrives in mail

12/27 Received EAD in mail

02/15/08 Green Card production ordered

02/25 Received Welcome letter in mail

02/28 Green card arrived in mail. Done with USCIS for now

01/12/10 Sent I-751 to California Service Center; arrived on 1/14/2010

02/09 Biometrics appointment in Michigan City, Indiana

02/10 Case updated

02/23 Received NOA

03/08 Card production ordered

03/10 ROC approval letter arrives

03/15 Ten year Green card arrives

02/17/12 Mailed citizenship application

forget day Biometrics appointment in Michigan City, Indiana

05/14 Interview and test in Indianapolis, Indiana

05/23 Received oath letter

06/15 Oath ceremony...end of the line.

That's not true :)

They had games on ESPN 2 four years ago.

And some of those were even with British commentators!

I guess you're right. I remember being able to watch games at 0300 on Tuesday.

they showed every game between ABC, ESPN and ESPN2

if it was a match like Netherlands -Serbia, you were lucky and got the commenting team who normally do the Champions League

If it was the USA-Italy, you got Alexi Lalas

Are they going to do the same this year?

Live or delayed?

Русский форум член.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.