helpneeded

Additional Documents Requested

6 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: South Korea
Timeline

We filed our N-400 in preparation for Citizen interview less than a month ago. We followed all the rules and submitted every piece of required evidence as stated on the USCIS website. About 1-2 weeks after mailing in the packet we received a yellow paper from USCIS that states:

"After a complete review of your file and Application for Naturalization (Form N-400), this office has found additional documentation may be needed "UNLESS PREVIOUSLY SUBMITTED, please bring the below rquested docuemnts to the interview."

"If you are applying for naturalization on the basis of marriage to a US citizen, bring an original IRS Form 1722 for the past three years "OR" copies of the income tax forms you filed for the past three years..."

I sent copies of the tax returns for the previous three years (tax years; 2006; 2007; 2008). Did they not see them? The letter seems to imply that they did not look at what I sent e.g., "UNLESS PREVIOUSLY SUBMITTED"- if they really looked at the packet, they would clearly see the tax forms- so why this letter?

Also, will the copies of the tax returns suffice or do I have to request transcripts? Can we also bring this years return in addition to the past 3 years? It will be done by our CPA prior to our interview.

Thank you!!!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline

Did you send copies of your actual tax returns. If so they want to see the originals to check the copies are genuine. Tax transcripts are free, what USCIS calls the IRS form 1722, takes about 2 weeks to get and personally I would get those and take them. I submitted copies of the transcripts and was asked to take the originals of them that came from the IRS, they were never looked at when I was interviewed.

What to expect at the POE - WIKI entry

IR-1 Timeline IR-1 details in my timeline

N-400 Timeline

2009-08-21 Applied for US Citizenship

2009-08-28 NOA

2009-09-22 Biometrics appointment

2009-12-01 Interview - Approved

2009-12-02 Oath ceremony - now a US Citizen

I received the same exact letter, they want to oirignal transcripts from the irs, they are Free.

Just call the number that's in that yellow letter and you will be fine.

Good luck

We filed our N-400 in preparation for Citizen interview less than a month ago. We followed all the rules and submitted every piece of required evidence as stated on the USCIS website. About 1-2 weeks after mailing in the packet we received a yellow paper from USCIS that states:

"After a complete review of your file and Application for Naturalization (Form N-400), this office has found additional documentation may be needed "UNLESS PREVIOUSLY SUBMITTED, please bring the below rquested docuemnts to the interview."

"If you are applying for naturalization on the basis of marriage to a US citizen, bring an original IRS Form 1722 for the past three years "OR" copies of the income tax forms you filed for the past three years..."

I sent copies of the tax returns for the previous three years (tax years; 2006; 2007; 2008). Did they not see them? The letter seems to imply that they did not look at what I sent e.g., "UNLESS PREVIOUSLY SUBMITTED"- if they really looked at the packet, they would clearly see the tax forms- so why this letter?

Also, will the copies of the tax returns suffice or do I have to request transcripts? Can we also bring this years return in addition to the past 3 years? It will be done by our CPA prior to our interview.

Thank you!!!

It is a common letter they send. Make sure you take more than what they listed and make sure you have copies to give them for keeps.

N-400 Naturalization Timeline

06/28/11 .. Mailed N-400 package via Priority mail with delivery confirmation

06/30/11 .. Package Delivered to Dallas Lockbox

07/06/11 .. Received e-mail notification of application acceptance

07/06/11 .. Check cashed

07/08/11 .. Received NOA letter

07/29/11 .. Received text/e-mail for biometrics notice

08/03/11 .. Received Biometrics letter - scheduled for 8/24/11

08/04/11 .. Walk-in finger prints done.

08/08/11 .. Received text/e-mail: Placed in line for interview scheduling

09/12/11 .. Received Yellow letter dated 9/7/11

09/13/11 .. Received text/e-mail: Interview scheduled

09/16/11 .. Received interview letter

10/19/11 .. Interview - PASSED

10/20/11 .. Received text/email: Oath scheduled

10/22/11 .. Received OATH letter

11/09/11 .. Oath ceremony

Thank you!!!

This is a std yellow letter they seem to be seding to everyone now a days regardless of looking into what doc they have sent or not send. I got the same stnd letter inspite of submitting all..so not a panic for your specific case...

Howwver, just preapare and take every docs with you for the interview.

Tax return copies with accompay of W2 are OK as I read from others in this forum.

Better, else, request transcripts as they are free..

Thank you!!!

This RFE.....Might be something to do with Fingerprints...As ive heard that this RFE has been getting sent out to early before/after somebody gets there finger prints..

Make a info pass if you can, then they can let you know, whats up...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.