starla_032

UK Visa advice

7 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Morocco
Timeline

Hi Im jo, I know a few of the ppl here from other boards Im a member of.

Im from the UK, and am engaged to tariq from morocco. We are considering him coming to the UK on a fiance visa, but I have heard that:

a) it is very difficult to get a fiance visa

b ) you must have been a couple for 2 years.

does anyone know if either/both of the above are true?

Id appreciate any advice you have on this.

thanks!

Jo

Not looked at UK immigration, since this is a US to UK board, so I can't really help you there. Maybe someone else whill be able to direct you to a site where they can better answer your questions. :)

There are some links in this thread http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=2162 you may find helpful

Applied for K1

Met online 2001 - just aquaintances

Sept 2002 - 1st US visit - everything goes perfectly.

Dec 20th - Forms recev'd at CSC

Dec 27th - NOA1 received by snail mail!

Dec 29th - 'Touched'

March 10 2006 - NOA2!

March 23 - recv'd at NVC

March 24 - petition sent to London

April 9th - Pkt 3 rec'd!

May 17th - Pkt 3 signed for at London Embassy

May 24th - Medical

May24th - Pkt 4

June 14th - Interview 10am - APPROVED 1pm!!

June 16th - Visas received in my hot little hands 1pm :)

July 19th - flying to US!

July 27th - Married!! :-)

Aug 7th - Applied for SSN in married name

Aug 9th - SSN received

uk.gif1273.gifusa.gif

3dflagsdotcom_uk_2fawm.gif3dflagsdotcom_usa_2fawm.gif

I'm not a lawyer I just have opinions on everything :)

animated flags from http://3dflags.com

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: England
Timeline

I have no idea if there would be any difference coming from Morocco rather than the US, but I had a UK fiance visa. We had to show: proof of our relationship (there was no time frame, we just had to prove we'd met in person), proof of my husband's income and finances to show he could support me for 6 months (the length of the visa) so I wouldn't become a public charge, and proof that we were able to be legally married (ie. we had both been previously divorced so we had to show divorce documents). It was a very easy process- I was able to fill out the application on line and mail the documents in. No interview is required (at least for US citizens)- it took about 4 days if I remember correctly. I could have taken the option of going to the British embassy and receiving the visa that day if I wanted as well- you are able to choose your own embassy date on line. Go to www.uk-yankee.com. They have brilliant visa advice (but they don't tend to be overly friendly). Good luck.

See my timeline for all previous dates!

Naturalization:

6/28/09: Mail N-400 to Texas

7/6/09: NOA1

7/24/09: Biometrics

10/08/09: Interview

11/21/09: Receive oath date

01/22/10: Oath Date

With thanks to all the helpful people who made this journey slightly more bearable.

Filed: Country: Morocco
Timeline
I have no idea if there would be any difference coming from Morocco rather than the US, but I had a UK fiance visa. We had to show: proof of our relationship (there was no time frame, we just had to prove we'd met in person), proof of my husband's income and finances to show he could support me for 6 months (the length of the visa) so I wouldn't become a public charge, and proof that we were able to be legally married (ie. we had both been previously divorced so we had to show divorce documents). It was a very easy process- I was able to fill out the application on line and mail the documents in. No interview is required (at least for US citizens)- it took about 4 days if I remember correctly. I could have taken the option of going to the British embassy and receiving the visa that day if I wanted as well- you are able to choose your own embassy date on line. Go to www.uk-yankee.com. They have brilliant visa advice (but they don't tend to be overly friendly). Good luck.

Hi everyone,

I did initially post this in the North Africa group, but was redirected here. But you've all been really helpful. Its good to hear the fiance visa was straightforward, it seemed the easiest way from what I had found out from other sources. The crazy thing is, is that we actually want to settle in morocco, but applying for a visitor visa from morocco is meant to be incredibly complicated, and we want to marry here and to be together for the 6 months that we will have to wait until I've finished my MA and can leave the UK.

thanks for all your help, I will check out the links that you've posted.

Jo :)

try looking on britainusa.com they had some very useful information when my hubby emigrated to the UK from the US

DCF - London

18 Jul 04 - Police Certificate Requested

19 Jul 04 - I-130 sent

22 Jul 04 - NOA I-130 logged with INS

29 Jul 04 - DS230 sent

29 Jul 04 - Had vaccinations

14 Aug 04 - Police Certificate Received

30 Sept 04 - I-130 approved

30 Nov 04 - Received I-864 from co sponsor

04 Dec 04 - Sent DS2001

13 Jan 05 - Interview date 04 Feb 05

04 Feb 05 - VISA APPROVED!!!

08 Feb 05 - Proud owner of IR-1 Visa

09 Jun 05 - Arrived in the USA

24 April 09 - US Citizen

26551rm8.th.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.