SuperDuper!

Anybody else heard the rumor...?

33 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Here we go..

I Don't Object to the permanent residency requirements, or the physical presence requirement, as that Rule is just pure commen sense for a servicemen of being outside the us for long periods of time....Ive no problem with that.

What Makes a Servicemen marriage requirement any different from anybody eles's....Is there marriage bullet proof or something?..Nope..

There Marriage is No Different from anybody else....Fact...

So why should we..people who's not in the service have to jump through hoops to prove there marriage after 3/5 yrs and somebody in the service can be married 12 mths maybe and show a marriage cert and that's it, there good to go....

So might aswell skip all the B/S Immigration Forms and just give servicmen spouse's a USC from the start huh?

Just for the Record...Nope im not anti servicemen....in fact iv'e got the upmost respect for them men/women on the frontline, at the same time i just like a little more fairness, that's all...

If I gave all of the differences between a military marriage and a civillian marriage we'd be here all day, so I'll just stick to a couple of basics:

* Not being able to put down roots ... I've had 4 addresses in under 2 years.

* With constant moving, the chances of having a career of our own is severely affected.

* Birthdays/Christmas/New Year ... even giving birth to children, is something we know will sometimes be done alone.

* We're bound by OPSEC (operational security) because WE live our day to day lives with more information than what a civillian will EVER see on CNN etc.

* We live with the fear of our spouses returning as nothing but "bits in a bag" ... how often do you discuss your possible death with your family??

* The percentage of military members returning from deployment disabled/limbs missing/PTSD is higher than you can imagine.

* And of course, the big one ... while you snuggle up to your spouse tonight, take a moment to think of those military spouses out there who for next year will cry themselves to sleep ... alone.

Some will say that being married to a military member is a choice ... good for them, I happen to love my Husband, so there is NO choice.

You want there to be a bit of fairness in the processes between a civillian going through the immigration process and a someone married to the military? ... so would I ... tell you what, pack up your belongings, live out of a suitcase for 2 years, and spend a year apart from your spouse every other year, during which time your spouse is dodging bullets and IED's ... and don't forget to kiss your spouse goodbye first 'cause you may never see him/her again ... now, that's what I would call a bit of fairness!

A passport on a plate is the least the government could do for a military spouse.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Don't waste your time on Rumours.... :whistle:

Im sure it be in the media today if there was any weight in such a thing...

IMHO....If they would change such law, i would think they would make it harder not easyer....

Oh - it's a rumour from Hopp - so I was just checking in, see if anything had been vetted, or no, on that date.

He's not reposted here since his original post , so I not worry about it.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

• 3 months later...

If I gave all of the differences between a military marriage and a civillian marriage we'd be here all day, so I'll just stick to a couple of basics:

* Not being able to put down roots ... I've had 4 addresses in under 2 years.

* With constant moving, the chances of having a career of our own is severely affected.

* Birthdays/Christmas/New Year ... even giving birth to children, is something we know will sometimes be done alone.

* We're bound by OPSEC (operational security) because WE live our day to day lives with more information than what a civillian will EVER see on CNN etc.

* We live with the fear of our spouses returning as nothing but "bits in a bag" ... how often do you discuss your possible death with your family??

* The percentage of military members returning from deployment disabled/limbs missing/PTSD is higher than you can imagine.

* And of course, the big one ... while you snuggle up to your spouse tonight, take a moment to think of those military spouses out there who for next year will cry themselves to sleep ... alone.

Some will say that being married to a military member is a choice ... good for them, I happen to love my Husband, so there is NO choice.

You want there to be a bit of fairness in the processes between a civillian going through the immigration process and a someone married to the military? ... so would I ... tell you what, pack up your belongings, live out of a suitcase for 2 years, and spend a year apart from your spouse every other year, during which time your spouse is dodging bullets and IED's ... and don't forget to kiss your spouse goodbye first 'cause you may never see him/her again ... now, that's what I would call a bit of fairness!

A passport on a plate is the least the government could do for a military spouse.

you could not have worded it better.. it's true the military does so much. If it weren't for the veterans who gave their lives up for the freedom everyone enjoys.

And yes, i agree there are so many times you'd have to be alone, can't just go on vacation because something comes up. Everyday you have to pray a little bit more for your spouse's protection. I think it's just that they give the opportunity for expedited naturalization, it's already stress enough for one spouse to be sent to different assignments, at least the whole immigration will be dealt with and not be an issue with moving, PCSing and all that stuff. As my hubby would say, this immigration stuff is actually more stressful though especially when something comes up with the RFEs or when USCIS just feels like you need to be tugged a lil bit more.

I can't say for those who are in uniform who were only heartbroken as a price of citizenship. It lies greatly on the kind of person you get in a relationship with, citizenship aside there are so many ways people can screw you over. But it does not mean that male/females go for the person in uniform because immigration will be easier. People might think that way, but safety and the life of your loved one is so much more important than citizenship in any given day.

Luke 18:27 Jesus said" what is impossible to men is possible with God."

Philippians 4:13 I can do everything through Him who gives me strength.

03/02/09-k-1 visa starts

09/09/09-K-1 visa approved

10/24/09 - WEDDING

11/09/09 - AOS

02/25/10-GC approved

08/26/10-319B n400 starts

11-09-10 Interview 10 AM >Approved

11-09-10 oath 2 PM Fairfax, VA

All glory, praises, thanksgiving and admiration belong only to God.

Jeremiah 29:11 "for i know the plans i have for you", declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you¬ harm you, plans to give you hope & a future"

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.