yasarm11

I130 Case Transferred to Newark??

21 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline

Hello all,

I am new to this forum I need your help with something. I got the following message from USCIS for the I-130 petition I submitted for my wife who is never been in the states;

"On February 4, 2010, we transferred this case to our NEWARK, NJ location to conduct the interview that is a standard part of processing this I130 IMMIGRANT PETITION FOR RELATIVE, FIANCE(E), OR ORPHAN. You will be sent a notice when the interview is scheduled, or if the office needs something from you"

Don't they suppose to send this to NVC instead of Newark?? Is this a normal procedure and what interview they are talking about? My wife is in Turkey waiting for the approval.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: India
Timeline
Hello all,

I am new to this forum I need your help with something. I got the following message from USCIS for the I-130 petition I submitted for my wife who is never been in the states;

"On February 4, 2010, we transferred this case to our NEWARK, NJ location to conduct the interview that is a standard part of processing this I130 IMMIGRANT PETITION FOR RELATIVE, FIANCE(E), OR ORPHAN. You will be sent a notice when the interview is scheduled, or if the office needs something from you"

Don't they suppose to send this to NVC instead of Newark?? Is this a normal procedure and what interview they are talking about? My wife is in Turkey waiting for the approval.

hey hi... even em also new to this forum..

i filed ma wifes i 130 petition in the end of nov n today jan 14 got the 1st noa n receipt no n it also says that ma case has been transfered to california service center...

I am not sure about Newark, (for the second poster) but the California Service Center - CSC - will do the first part of the process. If all goes well, they will send it to NVC.

Married: 01/02/09

I-130 filed: 11/06/09

NOA1: 11/13/09

NOA2: 02/11/10

NVC received: 02/18/10

Case complete @ NVC: 04/14/10

Interview @ Montreal: 07/13/10 - Approved

POE: Sweetgrass, MT, 08/07/10

Filed for ROC: 07/20/12

Biometrics appt: 08/24/12

Timeline
I am not sure about Newark, (for the second poster) but the California Service Center - CSC - will do the first part of the process. If all goes well, they will send it to NVC.

Yes, Vermont Service Center already processed this application and I got this NOA2 saying that the case is transferred to Newark which is the confusing part ???

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

The Newark transfer is strange. I assume you are a USC, not a green card holder? Is there anything strange about your case, so that they may want to schedule an interview with you, the petitioner, first? Such as criminal convictions, previous filings for spousal visas etc...

The only other thing I can think of is that they somehow think your wife is in the USAbased on info you submitted...

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Timeline
The Newark transfer is strange. I assume you are a USC, not a green card holder? Is there anything strange about your case, so that they may want to schedule an interview with you, the petitioner, first? Such as criminal convictions, previous filings for spousal visas etc...

The only other thing I can think of is that they somehow think your wife is in the USAbased on info you submitted...

Yes, I am USC and no prior convictions or filing for spousal visas.. I think I better call them. I am thinking the same thing that they somehow think my wife is in the USA even though I haven't submitted the form I-485.

• 6 months later...
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

Hi everyone,

Its nice to know that we arent the only ones in limbo or on forever waiting mode. Its been to long for us since we have gonne an update. Both of our applications have gone past the 5 months processing time and still no approvals for either. What most worries me is that the I-130 was transfered to a local office (Oakland Park, FL)when most cases get approved at the California Service Center. Anyone has heard of this or in the safe situation as us? All replies are greatly appreciated.

1/18/2010 Marriage date

2/1/2010 Sent I-130

2/10/2010 INS received I-130 case redirected to California

2/17/2010 Check cleared $355.00

2/20/2010 Received NOA I-130

2/26/2010 Sent I-129F (w/ NOA for I-130)

3/1/2010 Vermont Service Center (INS) received I-129F

3/6/2010 Received 1st NOA I-129F

6/22/2010 I-130 Transfer Notice Received:WM (to local office: Oakland Park, FL) Waiting for interview notice

8/4/2010 Called for a Service Request on I-129F

8/9/2010 Received confirmation of Service Request for I-129F Called on 8/4/10

8/20/2010 Called for a Service Request on I-130

8/23/2010 Local Office: Info Pass Appointment (question about case I-130) at local office 2:30PM *****No answers were given, just to Wait

Filed: IR-5 Country: India
Timeline

Hi everyone,

Its nice to know that we arent the only ones in limbo or on forever waiting mode. Its been to long for us since we have gonne an update. Both of our applications have gone past the 5 months processing time and still no approvals for either. What most worries me is that the I-130 was transfered to a local office (Oakland Park, FL)when most cases get approved at the California Service Center. Anyone has heard of this or in the safe situation as us? All replies are greatly appreciated.

1/18/2010 Marriage date

2/1/2010 Sent I-130

6/22/2010 I-130 Transfer Notice Received:WM (to local office: Oakland Park, FL) Waiting for interview notice

8/23/2010 Local Office: Info Pass Appointment (question about case I-130) at local office 2:30PM *****No answers were given, just to Wait

Since Infopass appointment said to wait, your other option is to talk to the Congress person and enquire the reason.

Loto

CSC - I-130 for Parents (IR5)

10/11/2011 - Sent to Chicago Lockbox

10/13/2011 - Delivered at Chicago Lockbox

10/17/2011 - Email received with Receipt#, Routed to CSC

10/18/2011 - Cleared the checks $420*2

10/21/2011 - Received NOA1

03/30/2012 - Received NOA2

NVC

04/19/2012 - NVC received

05/01/2012 - Case# generated

05/02/2012 - DS-3032 COA emailed

05/02/2012 - I-864 AOS Fee $88 paid

05/05/2012 - I-864 AOS package mailed to NVC

05/07/2012 - I-864 AOS package received by NVC

05/07/2012 - DS-3032 COA accepted

05/08/2012 - DS-230 IV Fee $230*2 paid

05/09/2012 - DS-230 IV package mailed to NVC

05/11/2012 - DS-230 IV package received by NVC

05/17/2012 - Case Completed

Consulate

07/02/2012 - VFS visit in Cochin

07/04/2012 - Medical in Chennai

07/12/2012 - Interview in Mumbai - Success!

09/08/2012 - POE at JFK, NY

Timeline

Since Infopass appointment said to wait, your other option is to talk to the Congress person and enquire the reason.

Loto

Yes actually last Friday I wrote a letter to the Congressman for our District. Lets see if we get any luck in getting a reply soon.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Is there anyway to get this forced? My wife is Canadian, but spends most of the year with me in NJ. She travels back and forth across the border several times a year to avoid an overstay. The Newark facility is 25 minutes from us, vs 8 hours to go to Montreal.

• 3 weeks later...
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Hi everyone,

1/18/2010 Marriage date

2/1/2010 Sent I-130

so how did it got did you get an interview date yet pls let me know i am in same situation my was transfer to los angeles

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

It looks like they are starting to do in state interviews for the petitioner in high fraud countries. This may be a good thing. It gives them a USCIS backed opinion of the validity of the relationship. It could point to less petitions returned from the consulate under that hideous lack of bonifide relationship. Maybe if you convince them stateside that it is a real relationship you won't have to sweat the interview as much.

This will not be over quickly. You will not enjoy this.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Hello all,

Well, it's September now - any news?

This was a 'notice to 'send the casefile , prior to I-130 approval, to the local USCIS office and talk, face to face, with the USCitizen Petitioner'

I'm betting was one of -

--biometrics on the USC Spouse

--go over some prior divorce stuff on the USC Spouse that wasn't properly sorted out and presented with the I-130 or

--some huge, glaring question about the bonafides of the new marriage, itself.

I'll drill around in yer other posts, see if I can suss out just exactly what's happened to you?

-----

later -

wow - is strange - the notice was sent AFTER the I-130 was approved - I wonder if was error, or something is truly up?

Edited by Darnell

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Timeline

It looks like they are starting to do in state interviews for the petitioner in high fraud countries. This may be a good thing. It gives them a USCIS backed opinion of the validity of the relationship. It could point to less petitions returned from the consulate under that hideous lack of bonifide relationship. Maybe if you convince them stateside that it is a real relationship you won't have to sweat the interview as much.

Its nice to know that we arent the only ones in limbo or on forever waiting mode.
So you find it nice that other people are also suffering like you?

I'm just yanking your chain, bro. Good luck with everything.

N400 CITIZENSHIP STAGE

23-DEC-2016 -:- N400 form mailed to Dallas, TX Lockbox (USPS EXPRESS)

27-DEC-2016 -:- N400 form delivered/picked up by USCIS

01-JAN-2017 -:- N400 form fee check cashed by USCIS

04-JAN-2017 -:- N400 form received per NOA1

09-JAN-2017 -:- N400 form NOA1 notice date

14-JAN-2017 -:- N400 form NOA1 on hand through USPS

30-JAN-2017 -:- N400 fingerprint taken

01-FEB-2017 -:- N400 interview schedule process started

26-JUL-2017 -:- N400 interview date set (01SEP2017)

29-JUL-2017 -:- N400 interview letter on hand

01-SEP-2017 -:- N400 interview date - Interview passed

10-OCT-2017-:- N400 oath ceremony letter on hand (oath on 26OCT2017)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.