22 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Just a quick question, currently we are waiting for our petition to be approved, thus far the have received it and cashed the cheque. our petition was sent out Nov/09, any ideas as to when our petition will get approved and when my interview will be, my lawyer said possibly by the summer, just frustrated and lonely. Thanks, I think that i should have named myself here sitting on pins and needles,lol!

th_seattlegregandmecute.jpg

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: India
Timeline

5-6 months for a K-1 visa. Approximately, generally.

03/27/2009: Engaged in Ithaca, New York.
08/17/2009: Wedding in Calcutta, India.
09/29/2009: I-130 NOA1
01/25/2010: I-130 NOA2
03/23/2010: Case completed.
05/12/2010: CR-1 interview at Mumbai, India.
05/20/2010: US Entry, Chicago.
03/01/2012: ROC NOA1.
03/26/2012: Biometrics completed.
12/07/2012: 10 year card production ordered.

09/25/2013: N-400 NOA1

10/16/2013: Biometrics completed

12/03/2013: Interview

12/20/2013: Oath ceremony

event.png

You might get more replies if you put a more discriptive title on your topic.

05/16/2005 I-129F Sent

05/28/2005 I-129F NOA1

06/21/2005 I-129F NOA2

07/18/2005 Consulate Received package from NVC

11/09/2005 Medical

11/16/2005 Interview APPROVED

12/05/2005 Visa received

12/07/2005 POE Minneapolis

12/17/2005 Wedding

12/20/2005 Applied for SSN

01/14/2005 SSN received in the mail

02/03/2006 AOS sent (Did not apply for EAD or AP)

02/09/2006 NOA

02/16/2006 Case status Online

05/01/2006 Biometrics Appt.

07/12/2006 AOS Interview APPROVED

07/24/2006 GC arrived

05/02/2007 Driver's License - Passed Road Test!

05/27/2008 Lifting of Conditions sent (TSC > VSC)

06/03/2008 Check Cleared

07/08/2008 INFOPASS (I-551 stamp)

07/08/2008 Driver's License renewed

04/20/2009 Lifting of Conditions approved

04/28/2009 Card received in the mail

So basically I should be in the States by 5-6 months, counting down since Nov/09.

It took us 8 months to get through the whole process (start to in the US).

My Advice is usually based on "Worst Case Scenario" and what is written in the rules/laws/instructions. That is the way I roll... -Protect your Status - file before your I-94 expires.

WARNING: Phrases in this post may sound meaner than they were intended to be. Read the Adjudicator's Field Manual from USCIS

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline
So basically I should be in the States by 5-6 months, counting down since Nov/09.

Follow the Immigration Timelines (button at top of this page).

Phil (Lockport, near Chicago) and Alla (Lobnya, near Moscow)

As of Dec 7, 2009, now Zero miles apart (literally)!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

I also sent in my petition on Nov 9th 2009 and still have not gotten my NOA2 yet.

According to the time line I should have received my NOA2 by now but I don't know whats going on.... :crying:

I'm trying really hard to be patient.... :huh:

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

You'll interview in Montreal for your K-1 (assuming your "Toronto" in your profile means you are currently living in Toronto). Sadly, Montreal is a slow consulate to schedule interviews. It has gotten better but you're still looking at 2-3 months to get your interview after USCIS approval. USCIS is currently taking, as on their website, 5 months to approve petitions. So estimate 7-8 months from the time you filed until your interview. You're lawyers estimate of summertime was accurate.

I'm sorry but waiting is the hardest part. Don't set unrealistic timelines for yourself, it will drive you crazy.

Good luck.

USCIS
August 12, 2008 - petition sent
August 16, 2008 - NOA-1
February 10, 2009 - NOA-2
178 DAYS FROM NOA-1

NVC
February 13, 2009 - NVC case number assigned
March 12, 2009 - Case Complete
25 DAY TRIP THROUGH NVC

Medical
May 4, 2009

Interview
May, 26, 2009

POE - June 20, 2009 Toronto - Atlanta, GA

Removal of Conditions
Filed - April 14, 2011
Biometrics - June 2, 2011 (early)
Approval - November 9, 2011
209 DAY TRIP TO REMOVE CONDITIONS

Citizenship

April 29, 2013 - NOA1 for petition received

September 10, 2013 Interview - decision could not be made.

April 15, 2014 APPROVED. Wait for oath ceremony

Waited...

September 29, 2015 - sent letter to senator.

October 16, 2015 - US Citizen

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
I also sent in my petition on Nov 9th 2009 and still have not gotten my NOA2 yet.

According to the time line I should have received my NOA2 by now but I don't know whats going on.... :crying:

I'm trying really hard to be patient.... :huh:

According to time lines that I have read I am not really all that sure myself, just been crying and lost for the most part. I think that we maybe are in the NOA2 by now, for the received and now are going through the information that my lawyer provided, so confused and just lost. I feel so stupid sometimes with some of the questions that I ask here but hey, stupid is, is what stupid gets! I could care less if anyone here thinks that way of me. I have been just so overwhelmed and a lot of the short form terms that are being used here are confusing as all get out, if you know what I mean,lol!

th_seattlegregandmecute.jpg

I agree, times vary! It took us about 8 months as well from start to finish. I would advise to continue checking others timelines and seeing what their progress have been. During the time we were waiting for our approval of our K-1 we were making sure we had all documents that were required and needed so that there would not be anything we didn't have at the interview. Use this time to enjoy your SO and learning more about each other. VJ is a great forum to get support and information to guide you along! It's definitely not an easy and quick process but its so worth it! :thumbs:

Hang in there. :star:

Removal of Conditions Journey

03/30/2012-I-751 sent to Vermont Service Center (USPS Priority Mail w/delivery confirmation)

04/02/2012-Packaged arrived at Vermont Service Center-Signed by D. Renaud

04/05/2012- check cashed

04/07/2012- Recvd NOA in mail dated 04/03/2012

05/14/12-Biometrics Appointment- Completed

12/31/12-Production of card ordered text/email

mjnrabxt.png

According to time lines that I have read I am not really all that sure myself, just been crying and lost for the most part. I think that we maybe are in the NOA2 by now, for the received and now are going through the information that my lawyer provided, so confused and just lost. I feel so stupid sometimes with some of the questions that I ask here but hey, stupid is, is what stupid gets! I could care less if anyone here thinks that way of me. I have been just so overwhelmed and a lot of the short form terms that are being used here are confusing as all get out, if you know what I mean,lol!

Its always good to know where you are in your own process so you can manage your expectations. You can't be 'in' NOA2 - the NOA2 is simply the approval of your petition, but yet, an important step. Lawyers can be great but they can also put you in the position where you don't have your hands on your own case. They don't have a stake in your future like you do.

If you don't want to feel stupid, read the guides and flowcharts here, and ask any questions about the parts of those that you don't understand. Knowledge truly is power.

SA4userbar.jpg

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
Just a quick question, currently we are waiting for our petition to be approved, thus far the have received it and cashed the cheque. our petition was sent out Nov/09, any ideas as to when our petition will get approved and when my interview will be, my lawyer said possibly by the summer, just frustrated and lonely. Thanks, I think that i should have named myself here sitting on pins and needles,lol!

If you click on "Immigration Timelines", and "Add/Edit your timeline" and by adding in your NOA1 date (when you received your first letter from the California Service Center), that will give you a best guess of when your NOA2 will be processed. You will want to change your consulate from Armenia to Montreal, Canada as well.

It has been taking about 7 to 10 days to get from California, to the National Visa Center, and out to the Montreal Consulate (based on other people's experience including my own). Then it takes about 16 to 22 days for the Montreal Consulate to send the Canadian citizen his/her packet 3 (sorry, I am not sure who is where in your case). Then the Canadian citizen returns packet 3 (my fiance' and I had all the forms filled out thanks to the Canada wiki list and mailed the package back the next day with the checklist from packet 3). It has been taking about 4 months (but could take as long as 6 months) from when Montreal receives it to when you get an interview date (sometimes you will find out a month a head of time, sometimes 2 weeks, maybe even 2 months as some of late have been lucky enough to find out). The waiting is HARD!

There is a spot in the regional forms for Canada with others waiting for an interview in Montreal. There are lots of posts there and you may find some of the helpful. But you may be disheartened as well, because it is a long wait. That forum has other people that are going through the same thing though. I have found it helpful.

Filed: Country: Ghana
Timeline

Mine took 7mths. I will say Give yourself about 8mths if you need to go and visit because it stretch of time you have to deal with. Honestly pray for no RFE. (which is uscis not needing any additional inforamtion from you)

Good Luck Pray for Patience. I had to do that.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

The waiting is hard, but when you'll look back, you will just be happy.

A few of us from my group (Sept. CSC) had to wait an extra month and a half for our NOA2, but once we got it, we were just ecstatic. Although the wait was excruciating, it is all behind us and we are just happy to be moving forward. It doesnt matter anymore.

As I was waiting for the NOA2, I was also stressing out about the wait ahead, but now I find the next step is less aggravating than the 1st; I dont feel as powerless as when I was waiting for the NOA2. So that's something to look foward too! :)

I know all the information is overwhelming, but the more you read the guides and posts here, the more it will make sense to you. It is a lot to digest, but you will see you will find with time it is a lot simpler than it appears.

Good luck! I dont know if you are the petitioner or the benificiary, but if you are the benificiary, I would suggest taking advantage of things you will miss after your move. Spend time with friends and family, do things you wont be able to once you are in the States.

Time seems to stand still right now but it will go fast in the end.

AoS Process

AoS/EAD/AP file sent: 2011-02-16

Received: 2011-02-17

NOA: 2011-02-22

Touched: 2011-02-24

Hard copy NOAs received : 2011-02-28

Biometrics letter received: 2011-02-28

Biometrics appt: 2011-03-17

EAD & AP approved: 2011-04-28

AOS appt: 2011-05-12 (notice sent April 6) APPROVED :)

event.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.