queend

Please i need some advise

5 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Our visa was denied, they just said that our marriage is for immigration purposes. Our file is now back in the state and is being reviewed, does anyone know how much long it would be before we hear some news again. Also we want to do everything to make this work. I visited nigeria last year and stayed for two weeks. I am planning another visit. Can you all tell me please how long do you stay when you go. I cannot stay very long because of my job and kids. What would be a reasonable amount of time to stay in nigeria with my baby. Please give my your advice.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
Our visa was denied, they just said that our marriage is for immigration purposes. Our file is now back in the state and is being reviewed, does anyone know how much long it would be before we hear some news again. Also we want to do everything to make this work. I visited nigeria last year and stayed for two weeks. I am planning another visit. Can you all tell me please how long do you stay when you go. I cannot stay very long because of my job and kids. What would be a reasonable amount of time to stay in nigeria with my baby. Please give my your advice.

As far as the issue of the file back in the states I will let someone with more expertise on that issue answer that question. But sorry to hear about that news . I only went to Nigeria once and stayed for 3 weeks and that was enough for us to be approved. Some people go more than that and still get denied. I am not sure how much you submitted but the amount of evidence does play a big part and how you present this evidence in the interview does play a big part.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

A big part of what happened depends on which interviewer you got. The black lady, the Asian lady, the older white man or one of the others. Also what red flags you have, Age differences , race differences ? Which center did you go through ? VSC is a little faster historically at reviewing returns but it is still 6month to more than a year waiting. While you are waiting do whatever you can to build your case so that if they issues a notice of intent to deny you will be ready to respond. Good luck. We got appproved on the second time but I stayed 10 day one trip a month on the next and 2.5 weeks on the third trip.

This will not be over quickly. You will not enjoy this.

Filed: Timeline

I agree with Nigerior Bust. Your life depends on the interviewer and their mood! I went to Ghana five times in the last year and five months for 2-3 weeks at a time! The lady told him we had a lot of evidence! My husband was still denied 12/15/09. They said our marriage is fraud. Good luck, get a lawyer!!!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Im really sorry to hear about your husband's denial. My fiancee was denied December 30,2009 and was given a second interview January 14, 2010 with the help of my senator Im assuming. I had the Asian CO who is pretty much known for denying visa. Long story short we were given a 221g to bring additional documents and we go back February 22. I met my fiancee in Dubai (United Arab Emirates) last year. So from what everyone is saying it really depends on the interviewer and the mood that they are in. If you dont want to wait, Ive seen many couples on this website refile the same petition or get married and go through K3 or CR1 route. It all depends on you and your SO. All the Best.

Nwanyioma

AOS Timeline
7-23-2010 AOS package mailed priority via USPS to Chicago Lockbox (expected delivery date 7-26-2010)
7-27-2010 AOS package delivered
8-3-2010 NOA 1 AOS/EAD/AP (received hard copy NOA 1's in mailbox 8-7-2010)
8-6-2010 AOS/EAD/AP Touched
8-9-2010 AOS/EAD/AP Touched
9-15-2010 Biometrics walk-in at Alexandria,VA ASC(original appointment date 10-5-2010)
9-15-2010 AOS/EAD Touched
9-16-2010 AOS/EAD Touched
9-22-2010 EAD/AP Touched
9-22-2010 EAD card production ordered. Approved!!!!!
9-23-2010 EAD/AP Touched
9-30-2010 EAD received in mail
10-4-2010 Received interview letter in the mail
11-9-2010 AOS interview 11:00am in Baltimore, Maryland
11-9-2010 Greencard approved!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.