Pauley

HOOOOOOOOOOOCKEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEY

424 posts in this topic

• Replies 423
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

LoL, I just read that Chris Chelios just signed a contract with the Thrashers. :lol:

Haha That sound you're hearing now is everyone in the league buying thicker shinpads in anticipation of his return to the NHL. I can only imagine how much worse it's gotten with him trying to keep up with young kids and having plenty of time in the minors to watch Axemen Lol

My wife has been back since June 5, 2007. Now we're just livin' man, L I V I N :)

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
Haha That sound you're hearing now is everyone in the league buying thicker shinpads in anticipation of his return to the NHL. I can only imagine how much worse it's gotten with him trying to keep up with young kids and having plenty of time in the minors to watch Axemen Lol

I used to really like him, when he was on the Canadiens and Blackhawks. It's just quite sad now.

I used to really like him, when he was on the Canadiens and Blackhawks. It's just quite sad now.

I'm all for living the dream and I'm sure he was doing a lot of good in the minors teaching the kids about working hard and playing smart but it's time for him to stop taking the NHL dream away from kids. He was slow as all getout in his last year in Detroit, was a healthy scratch for many games, and was getting even dirtier than he used to be cause he just couldn't play the new game. Granted it's Atlanta's fault for giving him a deal but he's got to realize it's over, he hasn't been good for a solid 10 years.

My wife has been back since June 5, 2007. Now we're just livin' man, L I V I N :)

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
I'm all for living the dream and I'm sure he was doing a lot of good in the minors teaching the kids about working hard and playing smart but it's time for him to stop taking the NHL dream away from kids. He was slow as all getout in his last year in Detroit, was a healthy scratch for many games, and was getting even dirtier than he used to be cause he just couldn't play the new game. Granted it's Atlanta's fault for giving him a deal but he's got to realize it's over, he hasn't been good for a solid 10 years.

Maybe he's trying to break Gordie Howe's record of having played a game 6 decads :lol:

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Never was a Chelios fan, but why not keep playing, sure beats getting a regular job,lol He most likely doesnt need the $$$, but prob enjoy the hockey player lifestyle. Well maybe he does need the $$$, maybe still paying off the hotel damage from the Nagano Olympics,lol

Canadians Visiting the USA while undergoing the visa process, my free advice:

1) Always tell the TRUTH. never lie to the POE officer

2) Be confident in ur replies

3) keep ur response short and to the point, don't tell ur life story!!

4) look the POE officer in the eye when speaking to them. They are looking for people lieing and have been trained to find them!

5) Pack light! No job resumes with you

6) Bring ties to Canada (letter from employer when ur expected back at work, lease, etc etc)

7) Always be polite, being rude isn't going to get ya anywhere, and could make things worse!!

8) Have a plan in case u do get denied (be polite) It wont harm ur visa application if ur denied,that is if ur polite and didn't lie! Refer to #1

Timeline

Were the Sabres not resting Ryan Miller tonight following his Olympic run, tonight would be the Miller/Crosby rematch in Pittsburgh tonight. Instead, they won't meet again during the regular season this year. Either way, I'm heading to the bar shortly for 35-cent wings and hockey. :D

Pauley on Twitter

Pauley on Facebook

Wedding photos on Flickr

*** If you add me on Twitter or Facebook from here, let me know who you are so I don't ignore/block you out-of-hand 'cause I don't recognize you! :)

Timeline
Were the Sabres not resting Ryan Miller tonight following his Olympic run, tonight would be the Miller/Crosby rematch in Pittsburgh tonight. Instead, they won't meet again during the regular season this year. Either way, I'm heading to the bar shortly for 35-cent wings and hockey. :D

Enjoy a few for me Pauley! :thumbs:

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
Completely disagree. Back in the early 90s, if you were under a certain height and weight, no matter HOW good you were..how many goals you scored, etc., you wouldn't have even been looked at. Gretzky was one of the few, small men out there...and his talent was so unreal they couldn't turn him away. My oldest brother never grew past 5'7" and was told he'd never get past midget. Luckly for him, his speed got him to junior and then to semi pro in the US for a few years.

The "New" NHL focuses on speed, agility, mental capacity, etc. Guys like St. Louis and Gaborik would have never crept up into the league if it weren't for the shift on philosophy. Physicality is very important in the game and some people, like Crosby, could use it a bit more. But I'd say that Sid and Ovi are completely different players. Ovi is an amazing 2 way player. Sid is more of a goal scorer and sees the ice just a tad bit better.

That's my problem with the Maple Leafs. They have stood back and watched every team to adapt to the new philosophy but themselves. The day they start getting younger, fresher, more vibrant talent, that's the day they will make the playoffs again.

Completely disagree . Gretzky wasn't so small. He played at 6' and weighed 185 lbs. Gordie Howe was 6" and weighed 205 lbs. There were smaller players in the NHL long before the 90's and the present day

Dave Keon of the Leafs was 5'9" and only weighed 165 lbs he played from 1960 to 82 and hockey was a lot rougher then than it is now.

Another was Johnny MacKenzie of the Bruins he was also 5"9" and weighed only 170lbs. Stan Jonathan 5"8" weighed 175 also played for the Bruins and was their enforcer

Brian Trottier was 5" 11" and 195 lbs.

So all in all the NHL has had it's share of smaller players going back many yrs. and many of them were not prolific goal scorers.

Marian Gaborik is a bit bigger than Martin St. Louis. Gaborik is 6'1" and 200 lbs . While Martin St. Louis is 5'9" and only 177 lbs

Also your star player is not expected to be overly physical. He gets paid the big bucks to put the puck in the net not to be hitting everything in site

They want their stars in the lineup not on the injury list. That's why teams have scores and grinders.

Ah yes. One of my favorite days of the year: TRADE DEADLINE DAY!

One of the things I'll miss about Canada is that THREE stations have all-day coverage of it. Pretty nutty! Needless to say, I'm not going to be around VJ much this morning, as my butt is going to be planted in front of TSN. :P

Married: 07-03-09

I-130 filed: 08-11-09

NOA1: 09-04-09

NOA2: 10-01-09

NVC received: 10-14-09

Opted In to Electronic Processing: 10-19-09

Case complete @ NVC: 11-13-09

Interview assigned: 01-22-10 (70 days between case complete and interview assignment)

Medical in Vancouver: 01-28-10

Interview @ Montreal: 03-05-10 -- APPROVED!

POE @ Blaine (Pacific Highway): 03-10-10

3000 mile drive from Vancouver to DC: 03-10-10 to 3-12-10

Green card received: 04-02-10

SSN received: 04-07-10

------------------------------------------

Mailed I-751: 12-27-11

Arrived at USCIS: 12-29-11

I-751 NOA1: 12-30-11 Check cashed: 01-04-12

Biometrics: 02-24-12

10-year GC finally approved: 12-20-12

Received 10-year GC: 01-10-13

Better to be very overprepared than even slightly underprepared!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I think flyers are going to trade Emery... which is funny because most flyers fans were sooo happy when he came to their team and he has hardly even played because of his injury. :lol:

Donne moi une poptart!

Timeline
I think flyers are going to trade Emery... which is funny because most flyers fans were sooo happy when he came to their team and he has hardly even played because of his injury. :lol:

Won't be trading him as he is set for hip surgery and done for the season!! I think he only signed a 1 yr contract

4) look the POE officer in the eye when speaking to them. They are looking for people lieing and have been trained to find them!

6) Bring ties to Canada (letter from employer when ur expected back at work, lease, etc etc)

7) Always be polite, being rude isn't going to get ya anywhere, and could make things worse!!

8) Have a plan in case u do get denied (be polite) It wont harm ur visa application if ur denied,that is if ur polite and didn't lie! Refer to #1

Won't be trading him as he is set for hip surgery and done for the season!! I think he only signed a 1 yr contract

Yup...sorry Nevada. For the moment you're now Failenes. :P

Emery isn't going anywhere.

I just love watching this coverage!

Married: 07-03-09

I-130 filed: 08-11-09

NOA1: 09-04-09

NOA2: 10-01-09

NVC received: 10-14-09

Opted In to Electronic Processing: 10-19-09

Case complete @ NVC: 11-13-09

Interview assigned: 01-22-10 (70 days between case complete and interview assignment)

Medical in Vancouver: 01-28-10

Interview @ Montreal: 03-05-10 -- APPROVED!

POE @ Blaine (Pacific Highway): 03-10-10

3000 mile drive from Vancouver to DC: 03-10-10 to 3-12-10

Green card received: 04-02-10

SSN received: 04-07-10

Mailed I-751: 12-27-11

Arrived at USCIS: 12-29-11

I-751 NOA1: 12-30-11 Check cashed: 01-04-12

Biometrics: 02-24-12

10-year GC finally approved: 12-20-12

Received 10-year GC: 01-10-13

Better to be very overprepared than even slightly underprepared!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
Yup...sorry Nevada. For the moment you're now Failenes. :P

Emery isn't going anywhere.

I just love watching this coverage!

how did I fail? Have you ever made a guess on how something would turn out and was wrong?

It wasn't like I was stating a fact... it was just what I thought.

Donne moi une poptart!

Timeline

tsn.ca has decent online coverage

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.