Money2g

Received receipt notice

8 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Afghanistan
Timeline

Hey everyone, I just received my I-797c Notice of Action, now is this the one thats considered the NOA1? or is that a different one? Notice type says receipt notice and says they have received the money. Also, Im not sure if this is a big deal or not but my fiancees first name is two, for example Mary Jane, and on the application I had written her name in that format,with a space in between, but on the notice I just received her name is written without a space in between, for example MaryJane. Now I was just wondering, is that going to be a issue later on down the road, or its just written on this way on this notice? Should I call the number on the notice to change it? I dont want to slow down the process though, but I dont want it to become an issue.

Also, I might as well ask this question now instead of making a different topic. So what happens after this now? So I can be prepared and also let my fiancee know about any updates so she can be prepared too.

Another concern I have is, after the petition is approved here and sent to the consulate of fiancees country, are any other notices for an action still going to be sent to me or my fiance, like say the notice for an interview. The reason I ask is because her countries mail system is not really "developed", so I dont want anything to get lost if they try sending it to her.

Sorry for the dumb questions, but I guess its in "our" nature to be worried and nervous about this whole thing :unsure:

Edited by Money2g

Sent I-129f on 02/02/2010 Wish Me Luck!

Received I-797C Notice of Action or NOA1 dated 02/10/10 on 02/15/10

NOA2 Approved May 20, 2010

Married December 23, 2010!!

Filed: Timeline
Hey everyone, I just received my I-797c Notice of Action, now is this the one thats considered the NOA1? or is that a different one? Notice type says receipt notice and says they have received the money. Also, Im not sure if this is a big deal or not but my fiancees first name is two, for example Mary Jane, and on the application I had written her name in that format,with a space in between, but on the notice I just received her name is written without a space in between, for example MaryJane. Now I was just wondering, is that going to be a issue later on down the road, or its just written on this way on this notice? Should I call the number on the notice to change it? I dont want to slow down the process though, but I dont want it to become an issue.

Also, I might as well ask this question now instead of making a different topic. So what happens after this now? So I can be prepared and also let my fiancee know about any updates so she can be prepared too.

Another concern I have is, after the petition is approved here and sent to the consulate of fiancees country, are any other notices for an action still going to be sent to me or my fiance, like say the notice for an interview. The reason I ask is because her countries mail system is not really "developed", so I dont want anything to get lost if they try sending it to her.

Sorry for the dumb questions, but I guess its in "our" nature to be worried and nervous about this whole thing :unsure:

Yes, that's the one. Here's a copy on VJ: http://www.visajourney.com/gallery/display...bum=4&pos=1

In the top left corner you have your receipt number. You can check here if your status changes in the next few months. On that website I would also look up the estimated processing time for your local office (I believe it's 5 months either way...)

About after the approval. I never got my P3 forms either, I called and e-mailed the consulate and they eventually sent me a link where I was supposed to download everything. No big deal.

If your fiancees name is misspelled you might want to contact them. It says on the form too: "If any of the above information is incorrect please immediately call 800 375 5283 to let us know. This will help avoid future problems."

I think you should read the small print down below ;)

Good luck

ég eri ekki lengur kalt, hef aftur líf. lifnar mín sál, heiminn mála.

bless bless Þýskalandi! ég elsker þig!

Timeline

thanks for the reply, but what is the p3 forms?

also, can anyone help me regarding how I or my fiancee would receive any notices after the petition has been sent to the her countries embassy?

thanks in advance

Filed: Timeline
thanks for the reply, but what is the p3 forms?

those are the ones your fiance would usually get from the embassy once you are approved - generally referred to as the Packet3 (the checklist for what she will need for the interview and some more forms)

i've heard several times now that obviously there is no real package, only one single letter or none at all. and in other cases only an e-mail...

sooner or later your fiancee will have to get letters from the embassy though - at the latest when she gets her passport back

also, can anyone help me regarding how I or my fiancee would receive any notices after the petition has been sent to the her countries embassy?

i'm not sure what you mean by that but what you get after the NOA II is a letter of receipt by the nvc letting you know that they are forwarding your fiancee's case to her embassy and then the Packet3 letter (if at all)

maybe someone else has another idea on this...

also this is very very helpful http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...amp;page=k1flow

ég eri ekki lengur kalt, hef aftur líf. lifnar mín sál, heiminn mála.

bless bless Þýskalandi! ég elsker þig!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

You (the US Citizen) will receive the NOA2, which is another form kind of like the one you just got (the NOA1) which will say if your petition has been approved. A little while after that you (the USC) will receive a letter from the National Visa Center saying they received your approved petition and they are sending it on to the Embassy.

From then on any correspondence from the embassy will go to your fiancee at the address you provided in the I-129F. She will get some paperwork in the mail, and will need to complete her medical exam, etc. You can call the embassy if she doesn't receive anything within a reasonable amount of time (probably a good idea to check with others who have gone through Afghanistan to see a rough timeline of when they received things & how the consulate/embassy works there.) Packet 3 usually has the medical forms & some additional paperwork she will need to fill out for the interview. After that she will get an interview date (sometimes called Packet 4 here, but that varies by Embassy - you may need to call & set an appointment, or they may set one for you. Check with others who have gone through Afghanistan!)

Hope that helps :)

K-1
09/09/09 - NOA1 :: 10/20/09 - NOA2 :: 01/11/10 - Interview :: 02/24/10 - POE :: 04/10/10 - Wedding

AOS
05/17/10 - NOA :: 06/08/10 - Transferred to CSC :: 07/02/10 - Biometrics :: 07/16/10 - EAD/AP Approved :: 10/26/10 - AOS Approved

ROC
08/16/12 - NOA :: 09/13/12 - Biometrics :: 04/12/13 - Approved :: 04/19/13 - GC received

Naturalization
08/22/13 - NOA :: 09/20/13 - Biometrics :: 01/30/14 - Interview - Approved :: 02/27/14 - Oath

Hey -

If you don't mind, Could you post the dates of when you submitted the application (received date) at VSC -

Also, the date the check was cashed, the when you actually received the NOA1

Just wondering about the time line :) Thanks!

Timeline

its all in my signature, except im not sure if they cashed the check, i dont know how to tell if they did

• 1 month later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

its all in my signature, except im not sure if they cashed the check, i dont know how to tell if they did

Hi,

After you get your NOA2, your case will be forwarded to NVC. NVC will assign a case and send the paperwork to U.S. embassy in Islamabad. Then, you will get an e-mail from U.S. embassy Islamabad which will have the instruction for the packet 3.5. You should send that to your fiancee so that she can fill it out and send it back to the embassy. If she lives in Afghanistan, she can send the filled paperwork through U.S. embassy in Kabul. Otherwise, you or she can send it through fedex to U.S. embassy in Islamabad.

Regards,

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.