Egyptian family

Any deported egyptian has exeperince with american embassy in cairo?

8 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

Hello people (F)

how`s eveybody doing?

i am new here and would like to get some helpful advices from you.

My husband is egyptian and was deported from the U.S to Egypt for illegal presence and over staying his visa. His visa interview is in 2 weeks. And i need to know what will happen at his interview?

Here`s alittle info about his case:

He has an approved I-130, Finish the process with the NVC, and now schduled a visa interview within 2 weeks

What i need to know is

1)will he be able to handle the waiver in his visa interview or he has to submit it another time?

2)what do they ask him at his visa interview?

3)I have heard that if someone missed a hearing court date he will be banned for 5 years and will not be allowed to handle his waiver.But not every consulate enforce this law.Does anyone know if they do that in Egypt?

Please anyone whose deported to tell with with their experience at the visa interview?

Thank you very much in adnace and i really appreciate any help.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

His ban will vary depending on many factors - how long did he overstay? Did he miss his removal hearing?

USCIS
August 12, 2008 - petition sent
August 16, 2008 - NOA-1
February 10, 2009 - NOA-2
178 DAYS FROM NOA-1

NVC
February 13, 2009 - NVC case number assigned
March 12, 2009 - Case Complete
25 DAY TRIP THROUGH NVC

Medical
May 4, 2009

Interview
May, 26, 2009

POE - June 20, 2009 Toronto - Atlanta, GA

Removal of Conditions
Filed - April 14, 2011
Biometrics - June 2, 2011 (early)
Approval - November 9, 2011
209 DAY TRIP TO REMOVE CONDITIONS

Citizenship

April 29, 2013 - NOA1 for petition received

September 10, 2013 Interview - decision could not be made.

April 15, 2014 APPROVED. Wait for oath ceremony

Waited...

September 29, 2015 - sent letter to senator.

October 16, 2015 - US Citizen

Timeline
His ban will vary depending on many factors - how long did he overstay? Did he miss his removal hearing?

he over stayed for about 12 years. And yes he missed his removal hearing coz he received the letter one day after his court date was set. He tried so many times to reopen his case but was never succesful.

Thanx for replying

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Algeria
Timeline

I haven't heard of this 5 year ban being enforced in Cairo BUT according to USCIS statistics only 33 immigrants were given this bar worldwide in 2008 fiscal year. It is true that not every consulate enforces this despite it being part of the law. There have been people who have been allowed to turn in their waiver, but later denied bc of this bar for missing a court date. These cases were in central america though.

You should be able to turn in the waivers in Cairo immediately after the inadmissibility finding. Just remember since there was a deportation you will have to file the 601 and 212 waivers which cost $545 each. Your file will be transferred to DHS in Athens where a decision will be made.

It's a difficult process, and I wanted to offer you my support. Good luck!

event.png

Timeline
I haven't heard of this 5 year ban being enforced in Cairo BUT according to USCIS statistics only 33 immigrants were given this bar worldwide in 2008 fiscal year. It is true that not every consulate enforces this despite it being part of the law. There have been people who have been allowed to turn in their waiver, but later denied bc of this bar for missing a court date. These cases were in central america though.

You should be able to turn in the waivers in Cairo immediately after the inadmissibility finding. Just remember since there was a deportation you will have to file the 601 and 212 waivers which cost $545 each. Your file will be transferred to DHS in Athens where a decision will be made.

It's a difficult process, and I wanted to offer you my support. Good luck!

Thanx momof1 you have always been a good help to lots of people. You also helped me on i2us.I was dying to get the visa appointment now im so scared and dont know what will happen?. Please pray for us to go back home isa. God be with you and your family coz sometimes i really need hope from anyone even if its wrong and you did.Thanx alot

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Algeria
Timeline
Thanx momof1 you have always been a good help to lots of people. You also helped me on i2us.I was dying to get the visa appointment now im so scared and dont know what will happen?. Please pray for us to go back home isa. God be with you and your family coz sometimes i really need hope from anyone even if its wrong and you did.Thanx alot

Do you have the same name on I2us?

event.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Bolivia
Timeline

This process is going to be sooo hard and stressfull for u. I hope u and your husband are patience enought throught this moments. Be prepare to a very long wait, I hope your love is strong enough. U will make it happens, maybe it will take its time.. but u will make it!

Good luck, and keep us updated! Be positive!!!!!!!!!

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS

01-18-2012 : Sent I-751 Package

01-22-2012 : Delivered California Service Center

01-24-2012 : Check cashed! Yayyy

01-30-2012 : Received ASC letter... Dated 01-27

02-08-2012 : Got Extension Stamp (Passport) Expires 02-07-2013

02-24-2012 : Biometrics Appt.

06-13-2012 : Got my 10 years greencard. Yeah baby!!!

NATURALIZATION

01-15-2013 : Eligible to file

07-05-2013 : Sent package to Phoenix Lockbox

07-11-2013 : Check cashed

07-15-2013 : NOA

07-30-2013 : Biometrics done

08-09-2013 : Interview letter

09-10-2013 : Interview!! PASSED!

11-22-2013 : Oath Ceremony - I AM A CITIZEN OF UNITED STATES OF AMERICA!!

xmzGm6.png6r3Fm6.pngan1cOKikw2B0010MjAwMzNsfDU4MDM4NjQ1amF8U

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.