gabenwyrk

Question about I-134 and DS-230

4 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Dominican Republic
Timeline

I'm going for my SO's interview on March 2nd (Woohooo!!), but I have a question about the I-134. I can't do my taxes for FY 2009, because I am waiting for tax information from a Trust from my grandparents (and no I am not a trust fund baby, it's not a whole lot of money trust me). I have a letter from the law office that handles the trust stating that they owe me this paper work and when they expext it to be ready by, some time in March. I have my 3 previous tax years and w-2's including this year's. Will I have any problems with the I-134?

For the DS-230, my SO has lost contact with her father some time ago and cannot locate him. What do you do about the current address on the form? Can you put unknown or something of the sorts?

Thanks!

Gabriel

Does your consulate have a history of requiring the last years income tax return at the interview? It's not a stipulation of the I134 you know, but some consulates want the document.

If they do want it, there's no way for any of us to predict if they will accept your explanation. It's also a bit early in the 2009 tax filing period for a consular to demand a 2009 return. It sounds like you have a plan for this problem, and at this point all you can do is give it a go and hope for the best.

As far as Daddy-O goes, the remark "unknown" will suffice.

Our journey together on this earth has come to an end.

I will see you one day again, my love.

I'm going for my SO's interview on March 2nd (Woohooo!!), but I have a question about the I-134. I can't do my taxes for FY 2009, because I am waiting for tax information from a Trust from my grandparents (and no I am not a trust fund baby, it's not a whole lot of money trust me). I have a letter from the law office that handles the trust stating that they owe me this paper work and when they expext it to be ready by, some time in March. I have my 3 previous tax years and w-2's including this year's. Will I have any problems with the I-134?

For the DS-230, my SO has lost contact with her father some time ago and cannot locate him. What do you do about the current address on the form? Can you put unknown or something of the sorts?

Thanks!

Gabriel

The previous three years tax doucments is excellent. Also provide a Letter of Employment from your current employer. It is also recommended to provide your most recent 6 months of pay stubs and bank statements. I included a cover letter with a statement related to the attached documents and had it notarized.

If you read through posts regarding the I-134 I think you'll find that the items I mentioned are the "standard parctice" for most. You won't get penalized for suppling more than they state, however JUST enough in many cases is NOT enough.

Not sure about the DS-230 question about the father. If there is nobody anywhere, no relatives or anyone that can lend info as to his whereabouts I guess you would have no option but to list - UNKNOWN. If that was the case that is exactly how I would enter it. Not N/A or NONE but UNKNOWN.

Don't know if it would be beneficial to create a notarized document stating those facts or not. Hopefully someone will have some advice on that based on their experience.

Good Luck on your journey.

6/15/2009 Filed I-129F

12/15/2009 Interview (HCMC, VN)

1/16/2010 POE Detroit

3/31/2010 MARRIED !!!

11/20/2010 Filed I-485

12/23/2010 Biometrics (Buffalo, NY)

12/31/2010 I-485 Transfered to CSC

2/4/2011 Green Card received

1/7/2013 Mailed I-751 package

1/14/2013 I-751 NOA (VSC)

2/07/2013 Biometrics (Buffalo, NY)

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Thailand
Timeline

A W-2 or W-2's is all you need for the 2009 year. They know it is too early to have a tax form filed.

When you do provide tax returns of prior years, tax transcripts are preferred which can be ordered for free from the IRS.

Naturalization N-400

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.