gusto

CR-1 Immigrant Visa fees

7 posts in this topic

I know this may be an obvious question.... but I just want to be clear. No where in the instruction package for the immigrant visa does it mention anything about fees. I have looked around on Google and this info seems difficult to find. From what I am able to find, the NVC will contact the applicant and the petitioner when "the applicants priority date is close to being current."

So, can I mail out all of the documents for my wife's CR-1 immigration visa and pay the fees once contacted? Can anyone give me a link to this information?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

For CR1 visa:

I130 petition: $355

Affidavit of Support (when it reaches NVC): $70

Immigrant Visa fee (NVC will let you know when to pay): $400

not included: Medical (varies country to country)

Give Generously, Live Fully, Laugh Often, Love Completely...AND PRAY ALWAYS!!!

He is home!!!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

In general you can find the fees this way:

For the USCIS forms (I-XXX) look in the instructions for a heading: What Is the Filing Fee?

For State Dept. forms (DS-XXX) check the state.gov website Fees and Reciprocity page.

I-864 Affidavit of Support FAQ -->> https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/immigrate/immigrant-process/documents/support/i-864-frequently-asked-questions.html

FOREIGN INCOME REPORTING & TAX FILING -->> https://www.irs.gov/publications/p54/ch01.html#en_US_2015_publink100047318

CALL THIS NUMBER TO ORDER IRS TAX TRANSCRIPTS >> 800-908-9946

PLEASE READ THE GUIDES -->> Link to Visa Journey Guides

MULTI ENTRY SPOUSE VISA TO VN -->>Link to Visa Exemption for Vietnamese Residents Overseas & Their Spouses

So basically, I pay the fee NVC notifies us.... via e-mail, right?

I found this under USCIS forms online:

Although USCIS does not charge a fee for this form, the Department of State does charge a fee of $70 when the Affidavit of Support is reviewed domestically. This does not apply when the Affidavit of Support is filed abroad.

So does this mean because I live in Thailand and will be filing abroad I am exempt from the fee?

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
So basically, I pay the fee NVC notifies us.... via e-mail, right?

I found this under USCIS forms online:

Although USCIS does not charge a fee for this form, the Department of State does charge a fee of $70 when the Affidavit of Support is reviewed domestically. This does not apply when the Affidavit of Support is filed abroad.

So does this mean because I live in Thailand and will be filing abroad I am exempt from the fee?

No, the petitioner files the I-864 with NVC, unless the actual I-130 was filed directly with your Consulate instead of a US Service Center.

Your profile says you filed wth the Embassy in Bangkok but it also says K3. K3 is not available with a Direct Consular Filing. Really, as of a few days ago, K3 is no longer reliably available at all.

Edited by pushbrk

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

No, the petitioner files the I-864 with NVC, unless the actual I-130 was filed directly with your Consulate instead of a US Service Center.

Your profile says you filed wth the Embassy in Bangkok but it also says K3. K3 is not available with a Direct Consular Filing. Really, as of a few days ago, K3 is no longer reliably available at all.

All of these abbreviations are really confusing. Ok.... someone already set me straight on that one. My wife and I live in Thailand. We filed the I-130 at the DHS office in BKK already. CR-1 is available with a DCF, right? I don't have the K3... when I made my profile I didn't know the difference between CR-1 and K3.

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
All of these abbreviations are really confusing. Ok.... someone already set me straight on that one. My wife and I live in Thailand. We filed the I-130 at the DHS office in BKK already. CR-1 is available with a DCF, right? I don't have the K3... when I made my profile I didn't know the difference between CR-1 and K3.

Yes, that's a direct consular filing, "DCF". Your questions should be in the DCF forum instead of the CR1. You can change the profile to read DCF instead of K3. On the main forums page, right side, a couple inches down is a link to an "immigration dictionary".

You will not pay the $70 fee but will pay the $400 in Thai funds at a post office.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.