MRStee

Yardies a home and a farrin (Part 23)

4,872 posts in this topic

cho......

Caribbean Airlines to be Jamaica's exclusive national carrier

Published: Friday | February 12, 2010

R. Anne Shirley, Business Writer

The Government has agreed to ensure that Caribbean Airlines is designated the exclusive national carrier of Jamaica under the air services agreements between itself and other states.

This was stated in the non-binding letter of intent signed on January 22 by the Government, Air Jamaica Limited, Air Jamaica Holdings Limited and Caribbean Airlines, a company owned by the Government of Trinidad and Tobago.

Under this agreement, the parties are committed to making best efforts to sign legally binding agreements by March 31. In this regard, the GOJ and Air Jamaica will take all necessary steps to effect the cessation of operations of Air Jamaica on or before July 1, and as soon there-after close Air Jamaica.

Caribbean Airlines will commence its Jamaican operations on or before July 1 upon the cessation of operations of Air Jamaica. Effective as of the consummation of the closing, the Government has agreed that "Caribbean Airlines shall be the exclusive national carrier of Jamaica and, in this regard, will not request designation of national carrier status for any other air carrier for as long as the Jamaican operations maintain a minimum level of service and meet certain other criteria, which in each case will be set forth in the definitive agreements".

Prior to the cessation of operations, Air Jamaica will "implement revenue management and communication measures as determined by Caribbean Airlines and reasonably acceptable to the Government of Jamaica in order to actively manage market share, enhance passenger loyalty to the national carrier, and help preserve the competitiveness of the launch of the Jamaican operations (of Caribbean Airlines)".

Air Jamaica currently flies to five destinations on 13 routes. The destinations are the United States, Canada, Cuba, The Bahamas and Curaçao. Last year, the airline carried 1.1 million passengers on these routes.

In Appendix I, attached to the letter of intent, Caribbean Airlines stated it would start up its Jamaican operations by adding a network of routes to its international network.

Caribbean Airlines will also operate a Kingston, Port-of-Spain, Georgetown (Guyana) route one flight/seven days per week, but this route will not form part of the Jamaican operations.

In addition, Caribbean Airlines has indicated that possible intra-island flight between Kingston and Montego Bay is "to be considered". So the advantage that Air Jamaica passengers had to connect between Kingston and Montego Bay will likely be lost.

For the initial Jamaican operations, it is estimated that the routes will be operated with "five to seven aircraft with an estimated number of cockpit and crew, respectively, of 70 to 90 and 140 to 160".

The agreement expects that there will be "synergies and rationalisation in many areas including ground handling (flight and passenger) and distribution".

The Air Jamaica Frequent Flyer Programme will be integrated and rationalised into the Caribbean Airlines programme. In terms of the management and personnel to be employed to man the Jamaican operations, Caribbean Airlines shall have "absolute discretion in the selection and recruitment of any Air Jamaica employees on new contractual arrangements".

Airline tickets to be honoured

Also, the fuel hedge now enjoyed by Caribbean Airlines will be extended to the Jamaica operations.

Caribbean Airlines will honour airline tickets bought on Air Jamaica on routes which will comprise the Jamaican operation and have not yet flown at the time of the closing of Air Jamaica. On or before the closing, "the Government of Jamaica will pay to Caribbean Airlines an amount equal to 93 per cent of the passenger fare value of the Air Jamaica ticket fares".

In consideration for all of the above, the agreement shall contain an anti-dilution provision "to insure that Government of Jamaica retains no less than a 10 per cent equity interest in Caribbean Airlines after closing, giving effect to any equity funding post-closing needed to meet the requisite cash threshold. Such securities shall be of the same class of securities held by the Government of Trinidad and Tobago and there shall be no securities senior to it".

The Government of Jamaica will also appoint one director to the board of Caribbean Airlines

Hey Tre...thanks for sharing this info!

Yall dead in here

let me see what FB is talking about ;)

I'm here.... :crying:

Removal of Conditions Journey

03/30/2012-I-751 sent to Vermont Service Center (USPS Priority Mail w/delivery confirmation)

04/02/2012-Packaged arrived at Vermont Service Center-Signed by D. Renaud

04/05/2012- check cashed

04/07/2012- Recvd NOA in mail dated 04/03/2012

05/14/12-Biometrics Appointment- Completed

12/31/12-Production of card ordered text/email

mjnrabxt.png

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Thanks. The "Philly" get together..only 2 hours away. I was just kidding :unsure:

Congrats :dance:

Come on Shemmy, the more the merry. Especially if your daughter is at Temple. We can hook up :thumbs:

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Hey MsTee start a convo

This girl in my office just asked me did you here the news.

Im like no what news?

She is like Im pregnant, I found out yesterday. :huh:

Ok I thought it was something good.

I mean dont get me wrong thats good but she just started Monday (2/8/10) at the reception desk.

I dont even know you or talk to you like that.

GIRL BOOM :rofl:

Visa Journey Begins

Prgu.jpgPrgum6.png

Hey MsTee start a convo

This girl in my office just asked me did you here the news.

Im like no what news?

She is like Im pregnant, I found out yesterday. :huh:

Ok I thought it was something good.

I mean dont get me wrong thats good but she just started Monday (2/8/10) at the reception desk.

I dont even know you or talk to you like that.

GIRL BOOM :rofl:

Girl stop, no she didn't act like she been knowing you for years or sum thing!!! :rofl:

Why are we all here and no one is talking? :unsure:

Girl back and forth working with these workers' comp cases :angry:

03/30/2012-I-751 sent to Vermont Service Center (USPS Priority Mail w/delivery confirmation)

04/05/2012- check cashed

mjnrabxt.png

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Girl stop, no she didn't act like she been knowing you for years or sum thing!!! :rofl:

Right DW

and why she acting like she just found out,\

she probably knew for a minute!!!!

But needed a job and didnt tell no one!

I told her thats good and kids are a blessing

So now I know not to drink the water :rofl:

Visa Journey Begins

Prgu.jpgPrgum6.png

Right DW

and why she acting like she just found out,\

she probably knew for a minute!!!!

But needed a job and didnt tell no one!

I told her thats good and kids are a blessing

So now I know not to drink the water :rofl:

:rofl:

04/05/2012- check cashed

mjnrabxt.png

It's really snowing here in Atlanta. Den just called me to tell me he is standing in the door way looking at it...he asked me when am I coming home? Heck that's the same thing I'm wondering :unsure: I'm about to ride on out of here cause these folks can't function when stuff starts falling to the ground. :angry:

04/05/2012- check cashed

mjnrabxt.png

Timeline

Now I know beauticians can take time styling a womans hair. But why is it taking SO LONG for Acory to get a haircut!! I'm beginning to fume!! This barber is good @ what he does & is a long time friend of mine, but this is becoming ridiculous to me. I feel like I've been sitting in my car for hours!!

Timeline

Den's they are letting us out at 4... but it's funny cause this is how the email was worded:

If you believe you will experience travel problems, you are welcome to leave at 1600 today. Please notify your department head of your early departure.

Soon as I saw it, I turned to my boss and said, "Im leaving at 4" :lol: I usually leave at 4:30 anyway lol

It's really snowing here in Atlanta. Den just called me to tell me he is standing in the door way looking at it...he asked me when am I coming home? Heck that's the same thing I'm wondering :unsure: I'm about to ride on out of here cause these folks can't function when stuff starts falling to the ground. :angry:

I told hubby that the Yardie men brought all this snow with them.. It never has snowed this much until they started getting approved because some of them never experienced snow... Well welcome to the US! lol

Now I know beauticians can take time styling a womans hair. But why is it taking SO LONG for Acory to get a haircut!! I'm beginning to fume!! This barber is good @ what he does & is a long time friend of mine, but this is becoming ridiculous to me. I feel like I've been sitting in my car for hours!!

I hate that! :angry: Surely they will be done soon.

04/05/2012- check cashed

mjnrabxt.png

Timeline

Well dang Mo, what is he getting done?

Timeline

Air Jamaica's Escape the Chill Sale!

Valid for travel commencing on February 12, 2010

Between / AndLovebird

EconomyTravel Must Be

Completed ByOrlando ♦ Montego Bay$138*March 8th, 2010Baltimore ♦ Montego Bay$238*May 28th, 2010New York ♦ Kingston$238*May 28th, 2010

Sale period between Montego Bay and Orlando/Baltimore: February 11 – 18, 2010

Sale period between Kingston and New York: February 11 - 28, 2010

* US and foreign government imposed taxes and fees of up to US$112.00 and a September 11th security fee of US$2.50, per person, per U.S. enplanement are additional and are due with final payment.

Air Jamaica's Escape the Chill Sale!

Valid for travel commencing on February 12, 2010

Between / AndLovebird

EconomyTravel Must Be

Completed ByOrlando ♦ Montego Bay$138*March 8th, 2010Baltimore ♦ Montego Bay$238*May 28th, 2010New York ♦ Kingston$238*May 28th, 2010

http://airjamaica.com/

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

hello everyone hope all iswell.

WITH GOD AND LOVE ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE

LIVE EACH DAY LIKE ITS YOUR LAST

Adjustment of Status

Event Date

CIS Office : Norfolk VA

Date Filed : 2010-04-16

Your item was delivered at 9:31 AM on April 19, 2010 in CHICAGO, IL 60603. The item was signed for by L BOX.

noas via email and text 04/26/2010

checked cashed 4/27/2010

Hard copy NOA 4/30/2010 Dated 4/26/2010

RFE 4/30/2010 need a co sponsor

5/26/2010 sent out evidence request.

5/28/2010 Evidence was received

5/28/2010 Biometrics complete

6/1/2010 touches on I485 and EAD

6/10/10 EAD Card production ordered

6/19/10AP arrived

6/21/10 EAD ARRIVED

11/16/2010 Touched

starplucker.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.