MRStee

Yardies a home and a farrin (Part 23)

4,872 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
sounds like a bright young girl.. hey thats ur personal decision girl, you gotta do what you gotta do..

I feel some guilt not being as unconditionally accepting as he is but it's a huge thing to raise a child, let alone one that is not your own. And if I were to ever find out the mother used him for what she could get out of him & the child is not his, lord help her. The other hard part is that if we decide to bring her here, we are in no place financially & it could be years before we are. He is literally starting from the ground up with his education & I have a long ways to go towards financial security myself. We really need some miracles to make all this happen.

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Timeline

Lots to catch up on from today. Round 1.

Bunz, Austin is SO BEAUTIFUL. I lived/interned there for two summers and wanted to move there permanently, but it didn't happen. There is a lot to do, it's a geographically beautiful city (not as flat as, say, Houston) and one of the slogans there is "Keep Austin Weird" so you know the people have a sense of humor & don't take themselves too seriously. It did not seem as diverse as Houston, though. The day I saw 3 Black people, I called my mother to tell her. Could be where I lived, though.

Quana, that is awesome that your ex made a mature move. It's clear that you had a tough decision, but I think your logic over emotion made the most sense.

Jamerican, congratulations on the NOA2!

Mo, if you look at the I-485 instructions, they clearly state (on the same page) the following:

1) Copies. Unless specifically required that an original document be filed with an application or petition, an ordinary legible photocopy may be submitted.

2) Birth Certificate Submit a copy of your foreign birth certificate...

Let me go back to the other thread & read more...

November 19, 2007 - Met

November 25, 2008 - Engaged

November 25, 2009 - Married

November 24, 2011 - Baby due!

Daily earning Amazon gift cards by searching the web with SwagBucks!

Timeline
someone rescue me.... I'm looking at a large chocolate cake I got from COSTCO and it's looking back at me -- I so want to cut it, but I'm afraid, it smells delicouus

Back awayyyyyyyyyyy from the cake Tre Back away :bonk: *thinkin hope im not too late*

lol @ the cake looking back at you

i can imagine the cake talking in an eartha kitt voice saying "Eaaaaaaaaaaaaaat meeeeeeeeeeeee.....puuurrrrrrrrrrr"

i hope you get back light soon because that is some hurricane type conditions

hahahahaha

Timeline
She is 9 now. They were young when she was born. We haven't decided what we're going to do. She is in St. Maarten now w/his Mom & doing really well in school. She wins spelling bees & gets good grades on big tests. I might sound mean but I WILL have a DNA test done since although he accepts her as his, there is still a big ?? on who the biological father is. If she is his biological daughter, I'll be on board 110%....if not, well, I don't know.

Shockin news... i didn't know either... hmmm

Timeline
I feel some guilt not being as unconditionally accepting as he is but it's a huge thing to raise a child, let alone one that is not your own. And if I were to ever find out the mother used him for what she could get out of him & the child is not his, lord help her. The other hard part is that if we decide to bring her here, we are in no place financially & it could be years before we are. He is literally starting from the ground up with his education & I have a long ways to go towards financial security myself. We really need some miracles to make all this happen.

Ells i agree with you but let me just add... NOONE is EVER ready for a baby... you'd be surprised what you can do once you find out your pregnant... you make a way... Especially when you are married because usually both parents are there to raise it. There is never a right or a wrong time. If you have faith in the Creator, He will take care of things....It does slow you down a bit but overall children are a blessing :innocent: just my thoughts.

Timeline

Round 2

My daughter and I went on a scrapbook tour a few times. It was so much fun. A full day of fun. For $40 we got on a bus at our scrapbook store and went to 5 other small stores. They offered 2 free projects at every store, plus discounts at every store. On the bus, we had a box lunch, water and soda. We played all these fun games. My daughter won for being the youngest on each tour. They used chalk to divide the tires and we put our names on a spot. At each stop, if your name was on the top of the tire, you won a prize.

You have a DAUGHTER??? :blink:

Now you are pushing it JG :bonk: First scribe, then moderator, now writer extrodinare.. NOOOOOOOOOO I just want to be a good VJ friend and wedding crasher :rofl::luv:

MrsTee, embrace your talents!! :lol: Remember that Bible story: if you don't use your talents, they'll be given to someone who will.

DW I brought my daughter to work with me today since her school is closed. I have never been to the bathroom so many times in a day. Next time she is staying home I have work to do and VJ peeps to talk to.

That's precious. Sounds like she was drinking her water!

Does anyone remember what Nat said about passport photos?

I see you don't need it anymore, but http://www.portraitbooth.com/ is the website to upload a picture & get passport photos. 6 pics fit on a 4x6 picture, and can be printed from 10 to 19 cents at a drugstore.

You didn't miss it. Being that we are doing a Justice of Peace wedding, we selected the 26th of this month. The Justice in my area isn't open on weekends, otherwise we would have did it on the 27th which is Sat.

Don't forget that you can request a certified copy of the marriage certificate the same day as your marriage, to avoid waiting for it to be mailed.

Speaking of, we never got our original certificate. I need to call about that...

Jamerican Queen, no the brother did NOT have the AUDACITY to ask about the tax refund. :wow: That's taking it to another level. I'm glad your husband put him in his place.

November 19, 2007 - Met

Timeline
I deleted my account...for now.

Wow! I'm glad we browsed the VJ FB photos before you deleted yours. I was just showing Steven the color scheme of your wedding last week.

Tre, sorry to hear about the crucial times people are facing in your area. I won't complain about this 39 degree weather anymore!

November 19, 2007 - Met

Timeline

Hi yardies whats up? I been away for a few days whats going on? Well I finally have everything I need to send off the AOS papers. I will pick up the I-693 from the civil surgeon on Monday and I will drop off the UPS package on Monday.......

Wedding Day: December 15, 2009

oMQjm5.png

AOS

02/17/10: AOS Sent via UPS (Thank you Lord) (Sent Cashier's Check)

02/18/10: AOS Delivered (Signed for by CHIBA @ 9:12am)

02/24/10: NOA-1 Received via Email & Text

02/26/10: NOA-1 Hard Copy Received in the mail (I-485, I-765 & I-131)

03/02/10: Online Status Check Available

03/09/10: Touch (I-485) - Case Transferred to CSC

03/13/10: Biometrics Letter Arrived(Appt 3/24/10) (Finally) - Notice Dated 3/3/10

03/15/10: Transfer of Case Notice arrived in the mail

03/24/10: Completed Biometrics

04/07/10: EAD Card Porduction Ordered

04/07/10: AP Approved

04/12/10: Received AP Hard Copy in the Mail

04/12/10: EAD Document Production Ordered again (dont know why)

04/13/10: EAD Post-Decision Activity (I think they mailed it out)

04/15/10: EAD Arrived in the Mail

09/14/10: AOS touched - Case transferred to National Benefits Center (SMDH)

09/17/10: AOS touched - Case transferred to USCIS for processing (SMDH)

09/28/10: Interview Letter came in the mail (Interview 10/27/10)

10/27/10: Interview Done (Thank God now we wait)

10/29/10: Card/Document Production Ordered

11/03/10: Card/Document Production Ordered

11/04/10: Post Decision Activity

11/08/10: Green Card Received (No more stress until October 2012)

Timeline
Hi yardies whats up? I been away for a few days whats going on? Well I finally have everything I need to send off the AOS papers. I will pick up the I-693 from the civil surgeon on Monday and I will drop off the UPS package on Monday.......

That's good, LadyC. Then you can begin The Wait Again.

November 19, 2007 - Met

Timeline

Great news Lady C....

Nat Im too late Steve took the initiative to go to CVS and he paid for them himself 6 for $9.00.. bless his heart (as DW would say!) lol

I forgot about the VJ>Facebook spreadsheet I did too.. OMG too much time on my hands :bonk::rofl:

Timeline

Forgot to tell you the moderator Charles said we had over 300 posts today and the day wasn't even over yet! lol.. He said at least we don't fight like they do in some of the forums :rofl:

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
lol.. i know thats right.. timing is everything.. so if you conceive in august. you can have the baby before it get too hot the next summer LOL

:yes::rofl:

Jamerican Queen, 1luv, MRStee, NatPatBen, JaHoney

Guess whatGuess whatGuess whatGuess whatGuess whatGuess whatGuess what

Guess whatGuess whatGuess whatGuess whatGuess whatGuess what

Guess what

Jamerican Queen, no the brother did NOT have the AUDACITY to ask about the tax refund. :wow: That's taking it to another level. I'm glad your husband put him in his place.

As my granny would say Aint that something :bonk:

Visa Journey Begins

Prgu.jpgPrgum6.png

Timeline

Guess what

you pregnant???????

Guess what

you pregnant???????

you pregnant???????

you pregnant???????

oops, well congratssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss :dance::dance::dance: lol

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.