MRStee

Yardies a home and a farrin (Part 23)

4,872 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

LMAO @ Dillon...

every two hours the younger one is requesting yet another snack or meal, the older one i have been asking to wash the dishes for 2 hours now, not until i took his cellphone a few minutes ago did he get his azz up and move it :)

No more snow days for me...from now i dont care if its a blizzard i cant stay at home with these two i would rather slit my wrists :)

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Yeah, Andre had 6 dogs in his yard and a couple cats. There is a difference though between running around the yard and actually treating them like one of your kids.

I still have the dog :innocent:

At one point, DJ had this little puppy, about 6 weeks old - the man had no food in his house, but would cook cereal each am for the dog - who had a bed in the corner of the bedroom. Yet when I woke up in the middle of the night, I had a foot in my neck cause the puppy was up on DJ's chest, tucked under his chin. Then he got a cat - I found out cause he was laying in bed talking to me on the phone and I could hear purring - the cat was curled up on him. He is the one who feeds all the puppies in his yard -

No worries about the pets being treated like one of our kids.

So you have two dogs now? I thought the one you just got was your only one -

Fire de a Mus Mus tail, him tink a cool breeze

Filed: Timeline

Ya'll know what's funny, my husband use to say, "I smell like farrin" -- I asked him to explain and he can't -- same way when he came up here I told him he lost his Jamaican smell -- yes, we mad.

********************************************************************************

....when it hurts to look back and you're scared to look ahead LOOK beside you and I'll be there.....

There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore... and who always will.

So, don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

6002239865101_1_27247687.jpg (cost of the IMMIGRATION PROCESS)

tep aff a mi name

Timeline
Ya'll know what's funny, my husband use to say, "I smell like farrin" -- I asked him to explain and he can't -- same way when he came up here I told him he lost his Jamaican smell -- yes, we mad.

You spend a lot of time sniffing people? :whistle:

Fire de a Mus Mus tail, him tink a cool breeze

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
no like in terms of food, drinks, music, reading material etc

when i read lady c's question it brought back something i saw on fb over the weekend

i'm just wondering if you guys ever feel pressure to create a mini jamaica in your home, esp when you aren't originally from ja

do you ever feel like it's one sided?

Well I consider myself to be a culturally diverse person. I have a little of a lot of different cultures going on in my home. Jamaican, African, Hispanic...The one thing that I really make sure has a culture spin to it is the foods, because it gives my children and I different meal choices. Musically we all listen to reggae, salsa, r and b you name it. We have many cultures going on at home. My son is even learning to eat more like hubby which I think is nice. They enjoy his food!

Timeline
LMAO @ Dillon...

every two hours the younger one is requesting yet another snack or meal, the older one i have been asking to wash the dishes for 2 hours now, not until i took his cellphone a few minutes ago did he get his azz up and move it :)

No more snow days for me...from now i dont care if its a blizzard i cant stay at home with these two i would rather slit my wrists :)

Or at least tell the boys you are going to work and go to Boarders and read all day. How much snow did you guys get?

AOS

9/25/09 -Mailed I-485/I-131/I-765

9/27/09 - Received by Chicago Lock Box

10/2/09 - Date on NAO1's

10/5/09 - Received NAO1's in the mail

10/5/09- Check cashed

10/11/09 - Received Biometrics letter in the mail

10/29/09- Biometrics appointment

10/14/09 - Walked in for Biometrics appointment

10/15/09 - Touch I-485/I-765

10/16/09 - I-485 transferred to CSC

11/6/09 - EAD approved

11/9/09 - Advance Parole approved

11/23/09- Received EAD/AP

12/2/09 - Email Card Production Ordered!!!!

12/9/09 - Card received

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Hope you save me a spot and a drink right beside you cause married or not, I'm still going to make sure I travel...at least one big trip and two mini-trips per year mainly with my hubby but I think one girls'only trip once a year isn't asking too much, is it? :unsure:

Absolutely, not!!! A girl's trip was one of the things I discussed with Ivan before marriage. Me and my girls are going to get out so I'm going to need you to get your mind right. However, i am going to forgo one until he gets settled..But the end of this year..next year..I will be back on the map!!!

K-1 Timeline

8/27/2009 - Mailed I-129F Petition to USCIS

8/28/2009 - NOA 1

10/06/2009 - NOA2 received!!! Thank you lord!!

11/24/2009 - Interview Scheduled at 8:30am*APPROVED*

12/02/2009 - VISA IN HAND

12/04/2009 - POE - Atlanta, GA

AOS Timeline

1/16/2010 - Wedding *Viva Las Vegas*

2/02/2010 - Mailed AOS/AP/EAP

2/03/2010 - Package arrived to Chicago Lockbox

2/09/2010 - Received NOA1 notice via email

2/10/2010 - Check cashed

2/13/2010 - Received NOA1 hardcopy

2/23/2010 - Case transferred to California

2/26/2010 - Biometrics Appt. 11am

3/1/2010 - Touched

4/2/2010 - AP Approved (Email and Text Notification)

4/2/2010 - EAD Card Production Ordered

4/10/2010 - EAD and AP received in the mail!!

Timeline
I wouldn't change a thing about the day/the way we met each other, the chase (took him a good 6 months) before I even talked to him, our journey and ESPECIALLY my interview. I found something different in my husband that I didn't find in other men I've had relationships with, I found FRIENDSHIP along with laugther. We appreciate each other and we show it and we love to talk to each other. I asked him what he missed the most about Jamaica and he told me the smell of my hair and my BIG smile when I came through the doors at the airport....I just laughed.

Thats beautiful :crying:

Timeline

Mikel told me the other day my shirt smelled like a barrel. I was like you are going mad.

AOS

9/25/09 -Mailed I-485/I-131/I-765

9/27/09 - Received by Chicago Lock Box

10/2/09 - Date on NAO1's

10/5/09 - Received NAO1's in the mail

10/5/09- Check cashed

10/11/09 - Received Biometrics letter in the mail

10/29/09- Biometrics appointment

10/14/09 - Walked in for Biometrics appointment

10/15/09 - Touch I-485/I-765

10/16/09 - I-485 transferred to CSC

11/6/09 - EAD approved

11/9/09 - Advance Parole approved

11/23/09- Received EAD/AP

12/2/09 - Email Card Production Ordered!!!!

12/9/09 - Card received

Filed: Timeline

:bonk: nut...no, just like nice smells...nothing that will turn my stomach, but if you smell good and I like the perfume I'll tell you...now, if you smell like one yam hill then that's another story.

********************************************************************************

....when it hurts to look back and you're scared to look ahead LOOK beside you and I'll be there.....

There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore... and who always will.

So, don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

6002239865101_1_27247687.jpg (cost of the IMMIGRATION PROCESS)

tep aff a mi name

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

dat me a say

from mawning she a talk bout dead armpit

now she talking bout farrin smell :whistle:

I864 delivered November 2nd.....nvc logged it on November 5th

DS230 delivered November 6th.....nvc logged it on November 12th

Welcome to US Letter May 19th

Card production ordered May 25th

739444001253587733-final.gif

upherebl.gif

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

i still have a towel that hubby brought with him that i wont let anyone wash/use and i really go and smell it every once in a while....just reminds me of how hubby used to smell in jamaica

Ok..Do share...What are the 3 F's :rofl:

Now see that is one of the main reasons that I don't divulge too much personal info at work. Because people start to use that information against you.

Girl not like I even told them...they just knew I was single with no kids and use to be willing to work overtime etc...then I met Den and got engaged and they finally figured out I had a steady man...they were trying to be on the case then....old nosy mofo's.... :angry:

Well my theory is if you aren't doing the 3 F's at the same time...then you can not tell me nut-thing...the 3 F's are in no particular order but they must be done by someone who is doing all three: (so even parents can't do all 3- we value their opinions, etc but they still have no real say if you follow this theory....)

1. Feeding me...if you not providing groceries to me then...go sit down!

2. Financing me...if I'm not out here asking you to put $$$ in my pocket or pay my bills...then go STFU!!!

3. "F"'king me...if you not doing this to me then why you breathing in my face talking that yacky-yack!!!

So if you follow this theory the only person who should matter is the person who is in this thing with you....if you guys are doing the 3 F's in life then you must be capable at some level to figure out what is right for the both of you.... :rofl:

Edited by Dens Wifey

Removal of Conditions Journey

03/30/2012-I-751 sent to Vermont Service Center (USPS Priority Mail w/delivery confirmation)

04/02/2012-Packaged arrived at Vermont Service Center-Signed by D. Renaud

04/05/2012- check cashed

04/07/2012- Recvd NOA in mail dated 04/03/2012

05/14/12-Biometrics Appointment- Completed

12/31/12-Production of card ordered text/email

mjnrabxt.png

Timeline
:hehe:

So I have a serious question for e/one.

As things have moved and stalled and moved again, and thru all the issues, drama, tears, fights, pain and all... Im sure we all have similar stories and trials. Question is.. would you do it all over again? Or, knowing what you know now, would you run like hell.

Im sometimes 50/50 on this. I love my husband, but getting to where we are (and we arent even there yet) has been a ride- and sometimes downright painfull. I dont regret marrying him! Dont regret loving him.. but sometimes I regret meeting him. Is that bad?

I don't regret the experience 100%. I regret parts of it. That being said, the parts I regret are about 85% my fault.

But, knowing what I know now, I would not have gone through the journey. And, regardless of what anyone else says, I know myself.....and I know I will never do it again.

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.