MRStee

Yardies a home and a farrin (Part 23)

4,872 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

atsleumas -- I didn't spell you name wrong, I just typed it backwards -- I was trying to see if it spell something different...

Okay, someone was using my office and my PC while I was gone and it smell like dead ARMPITS in here

********************************************************************************

....when it hurts to look back and you're scared to look ahead LOOK beside you and I'll be there.....

There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore... and who always will.

So, don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

6002239865101_1_27247687.jpg (cost of the IMMIGRATION PROCESS)

tep aff a mi name

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
:hehe:

So I have a serious question for e/one.

As things have moved and stalled and moved again, and thru all the issues, drama, tears, fights, pain and all... Im sure we all have similar stories and trials. Question is.. would you do it all over again? Or, knowing what you know now, would you run like hell.

Im sometimes 50/50 on this. I love my husband, but getting to where we are (and we arent even there yet) has been a ride- and sometimes downright painfull. I dont regret marrying him! Dont regret loving him.. but sometimes I regret meeting him. Is that bad?

I basically feel the same way you feel. I love this man to death, most perfect match I ever met but this process can drive the most sane person insane. If there's anything I could change, I would've marry in Jamaica (I'm dying to have a beach wedding!). That way we'd have less paper work to do when he comes and I wouldn't have to worry about having a wedding on a budget here.

But I could not imagine marrying my love and having have to leave him there...

So would I do it over? Absolutely not!

K-1

09/17/09 Mailed I-129F

09/21/09 NOA1

12/04/09 NOA2!!!!

12/07/09 NVC Received Case

12/10/09 NVC Sent Case to Consulate

12/15/09 Consulate Recieved Case

12/21/09 Packet 3 Sent Out

2/12/10 Interview @ 8:30

APPROVED!!!!

2/26/10 POE @ JFK

Still haven't recieved visa yet: I was lucky enough to get my money back because the flight canceled.

3/2/10 Visa ready for pick up

3/3/10 visa picked up

3/3/10 POE @ JFK

5/1/10 Wedding

AOS

7/19/10 Mailed AOS Package

7/21/10 Package Received

7/27/10 Check Cashed

7/30/10 Recieved NOA

8/13/10 Case transfered to CSC!

8/18/10 Received biometrics letter

8/26/2010 Biometrics appt

9/13/2010 EAD and AP approved

9/18/2010 AP recieved

9/23/2010 EAD recieved

10/1/2010 Greencard Approved

10/09/2010 Greencard Recieved, DONE with USCIS until August 2012

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Hey Yardies.. Hope everyone had an awesome weekend. Mine was pretty full...Attended/Helped with a b-day party for my girlfriend's 4 yr old. We had a fashion show and makeup for the girls....After that went to the Fork and Screen movie theatre to see Shutter Island..If anyone saw it please give your take on the ending. We spent an hour brainstorming on what the movie really meant. Anyway..Sunday we took my daughter to Universoul Circus.

good morning everyone ..this is my lat day at work till after the wedding ..i found myself getting up early ready to get the day over lol..

Yay..I know you are ready to get this day over!!!

Good morning Yardies.

Up early have to finish up this AOS paperwork and take Eric to civil surgeon today.

Holla at yall later

Congrats on moving things along. I know Eric is ready to get to work.

Okay...this morning I got to work at 6:30 and went into the restroom -- someone left a pregnancy test on the counter (YUCKKKKKKKKKKK) -- and whoever it is -- it's a POSITIVE

Well damn...That could go two ways...Either she was happy and wanted everyone to see...or she was shocked a ran out of the bathroom.

My heart is feeling a little heavy today too. Today makes 8 years since my grandma passed. She was a feisty lil lady I tell ya! :lol: I miss her so much :((F)

(F) Hugs, Ms. Tee

haaaaaaaaaaa my husband does that as well.

Dillon you know anytime I make chicken foot soup -- you're on my minddddddddddd (as I sing and duck for cover)...

OMG. Hubby made that the other day and it was the most digusting thing I've seen in minute. Everytime I open the freezer I have the baby fingers looking at me. My brother opened up the freezer the other day and they fell out. He was like #######!! :rofl::rofl:

LOL, no its not bad at all! I've learned that some days are better than others. I would do it all over again in a heartbeat. Early on in our relationship I was faced with a decision to move forward or leave him be and I honestly couldn't imagine my life without him in it...visa journey and all.... :whistle:

Awww...That's so sweet!!!

Edited by charandivan

K-1 Timeline

8/27/2009 - Mailed I-129F Petition to USCIS

8/28/2009 - NOA 1

10/06/2009 - NOA2 received!!! Thank you lord!!

11/24/2009 - Interview Scheduled at 8:30am*APPROVED*

12/02/2009 - VISA IN HAND

12/04/2009 - POE - Atlanta, GA

AOS Timeline

1/16/2010 - Wedding *Viva Las Vegas*

2/02/2010 - Mailed AOS/AP/EAP

2/03/2010 - Package arrived to Chicago Lockbox

2/09/2010 - Received NOA1 notice via email

2/10/2010 - Check cashed

2/13/2010 - Received NOA1 hardcopy

2/23/2010 - Case transferred to California

2/26/2010 - Biometrics Appt. 11am

3/1/2010 - Touched

4/2/2010 - AP Approved (Email and Text Notification)

4/2/2010 - EAD Card Production Ordered

4/10/2010 - EAD and AP received in the mail!!

And I can say same thing for me. If thru all this mess and drama our life together doesnt work, then Im takin the jersey out the closet and Im gonna ride the rest of the way single. Till death do us part! even if it means his @ss gotta die... :thumbs:

:rofl: I feel ya, if it doesn't work out for some reason... I always say I'm open to the possibility of there being love out there for me somewhere (I guess I'm a hopeless romantic). I mean every relationship I was in before my husband...I felt they were the best thing since wheat bread but you see :blush: ...God definitely knew best!

Edited by Dens Wifey

Removal of Conditions Journey

03/30/2012-I-751 sent to Vermont Service Center (USPS Priority Mail w/delivery confirmation)

04/02/2012-Packaged arrived at Vermont Service Center-Signed by D. Renaud

04/05/2012- check cashed

04/07/2012- Recvd NOA in mail dated 04/03/2012

05/14/12-Biometrics Appointment- Completed

12/31/12-Production of card ordered text/email

mjnrabxt.png

Mine too :devil:

The snoring stories have me cracking me. I have a cold too and I snore so loud I wake myself up :unsure:

:rofl: I can laugh...cause I do that as well...how you feel today?

********************************************************************************

....when it hurts to look back and you're scared to look ahead LOOK beside you and I'll be there.....

There comes a point in your life when you realize who matters, who never did, who won't anymore... and who always will.

So, don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

tep aff a mi name

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
We didn't do too much other than the concert on Friday night. Montell did good...he actually has a decent voice. Keith Sweat was a mess! He was so over the top...he put on a show though.

We used Saturday to clean up and place some of the bridal shower gifts that we got. It was a laid back weekend for sure...but definitely much needed.

Girl..I heard him on the radio the other day..I couldn't imagine listening to him beg (sing) for more than 5 minutes..Glad you enjoyed Montell.

K-1 Timeline

8/27/2009 - Mailed I-129F Petition to USCIS

8/28/2009 - NOA 1

10/06/2009 - NOA2 received!!! Thank you lord!!

11/24/2009 - Interview Scheduled at 8:30am*APPROVED*

12/02/2009 - VISA IN HAND

12/04/2009 - POE - Atlanta, GA

AOS Timeline

1/16/2010 - Wedding *Viva Las Vegas*

2/02/2010 - Mailed AOS/AP/EAP

2/03/2010 - Package arrived to Chicago Lockbox

2/09/2010 - Received NOA1 notice via email

2/10/2010 - Check cashed

2/13/2010 - Received NOA1 hardcopy

2/23/2010 - Case transferred to California

2/26/2010 - Biometrics Appt. 11am

3/1/2010 - Touched

4/2/2010 - AP Approved (Email and Text Notification)

4/2/2010 - EAD Card Production Ordered

4/10/2010 - EAD and AP received in the mail!!

Timeline
I hear you, you make a decision and you go with it! I had to do the same thing.

Ok, I feel better Im not the only one!! I know the transition is the next step to the challenges we face. Course theres always that bullshit bmama drama I have to contend with ...

:) So what WOULD you do different?

Girl I can only speak for my situation but my husband had the WRONG idea about America. I tried to explain everything to him but he did not get it until he got here. They say come see me and come live with me are 2 diffrent things. I did all of the visiting and every visit was Great but when he got here we both had to make adjustments some were easy and some were not. Im stubborn and so is he. As to the baby mother drama I dont have any dont want any and wont put up with any. My step sons mom dont bother me and I dont bother her.

Wedding Day: December 15, 2009

oMQjm5.png

AOS

02/17/10: AOS Sent via UPS (Thank you Lord) (Sent Cashier's Check)

02/18/10: AOS Delivered (Signed for by CHIBA @ 9:12am)

02/24/10: NOA-1 Received via Email & Text

02/26/10: NOA-1 Hard Copy Received in the mail (I-485, I-765 & I-131)

03/02/10: Online Status Check Available

03/09/10: Touch (I-485) - Case Transferred to CSC

03/13/10: Biometrics Letter Arrived(Appt 3/24/10) (Finally) - Notice Dated 3/3/10

03/15/10: Transfer of Case Notice arrived in the mail

03/24/10: Completed Biometrics

04/07/10: EAD Card Porduction Ordered

04/07/10: AP Approved

04/12/10: Received AP Hard Copy in the Mail

04/12/10: EAD Document Production Ordered again (dont know why)

04/13/10: EAD Post-Decision Activity (I think they mailed it out)

04/15/10: EAD Arrived in the Mail

09/14/10: AOS touched - Case transferred to National Benefits Center (SMDH)

09/17/10: AOS touched - Case transferred to USCIS for processing (SMDH)

09/28/10: Interview Letter came in the mail (Interview 10/27/10)

10/27/10: Interview Done (Thank God now we wait)

10/29/10: Card/Document Production Ordered

11/03/10: Card/Document Production Ordered

11/04/10: Post Decision Activity

11/08/10: Green Card Received (No more stress until October 2012)

Okay, someone was using my office and my PC while I was gone and it smell like dead ARMPITS in here

Girl dem folks in your office just a funky, positive pregnancy test taking, snanking hot @$$ mess today! :angry:

Girl..I heard him on the radio the other day..I couldn't imagine listening to him beg (sing) for more than 5 minutes..Glad you enjoyed Montell.

Hi Char! Okay so link up coming this weekend or next? :unsure:

Removal of Conditions Journey

03/30/2012-I-751 sent to Vermont Service Center (USPS Priority Mail w/delivery confirmation)

04/02/2012-Packaged arrived at Vermont Service Center-Signed by D. Renaud

04/05/2012- check cashed

04/07/2012- Recvd NOA in mail dated 04/03/2012

05/14/12-Biometrics Appointment- Completed

12/31/12-Production of card ordered text/email

mjnrabxt.png

Girl I can only speak for my situation but my husband had the WRONG idea about America. I tried to explain everything to him say come see me and come live with me are 2 diffrent things. but he did not get it until he got here. They I did all of the visiting and every visit was Great but when he got here we both had to make adjustments some were easy and some were not. Im stubborn and so is he. As to the baby mother drama I dont have any dont want any and wont put up with any. My step sons mom dont bother me and I dont bother her.

Thank God ! my husband understood the runnings before he got here...like mi always a tell people, everything tek time.

tep aff a mi name

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Hey Yardies.. Hope everyone had an awesome weekend. Mine was pretty full...Attended/Helped with a b-day party for my girlfriend's 4 yr old. We had a fashion show and makeup for the girls....After that went to the Fork and Screen movie theatre to see Shutter Island..If anyone saw it please give your take on the ending. We spent an hour brainstorming on what the movie really meant. Anyway..Sunday we took my daughter to Universoul Circus.

Hey Charadivan. What is a Fork and Screen theatre? Hubby and I stayed at the hotel in Buckhead right next to one and we didn't know what they meant. Do you have to go dressed up?

Timeline
I don't plan on marrying again if this doesn't work. I believe in "til death do us part" :devil:

I love hubby and I needed to experience marriage just once. I am going to "make it do what it do" as A would say, but if it doesn't work, this is it for me. Not alot of fight left in me.

I'm w' you on that 100%!

Me and my boss was discussing "what if it doesn't work" and she joked around (atleast I thought she was joking!) and said I should try dating women. Then she looked @ me like a piece of chunky beef. That's when I snatched my check and bounced. In the back a mind I was like "damn bipolar, 40 add year old lesbian byatch"

K-1

09/17/09 Mailed I-129F

09/21/09 NOA1

12/04/09 NOA2!!!!

12/07/09 NVC Received Case

12/10/09 NVC Sent Case to Consulate

12/15/09 Consulate Recieved Case

12/21/09 Packet 3 Sent Out

2/12/10 Interview @ 8:30

APPROVED!!!!

2/26/10 POE @ JFK

Still haven't recieved visa yet: I was lucky enough to get my money back because the flight canceled.

3/2/10 Visa ready for pick up

3/3/10 visa picked up

3/3/10 POE @ JFK

5/1/10 Wedding

AOS

7/19/10 Mailed AOS Package

7/21/10 Package Received

7/27/10 Check Cashed

7/30/10 Recieved NOA

8/13/10 Case transfered to CSC!

8/18/10 Received biometrics letter

8/26/2010 Biometrics appt

9/13/2010 EAD and AP approved

9/18/2010 AP recieved

9/23/2010 EAD recieved

10/1/2010 Greencard Approved

10/09/2010 Greencard Recieved, DONE with USCIS until August 2012

Girl dem folks in your office just a funky, positive pregnancy test taking, snanking hot @$$ mess today! :angry:

DW -- I work with a lot of people who fully believe in going green 100% -- don't get me started.

tep aff a mi name

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
:rofl: I can laugh...cause I do that as well...how you feel today?

I feel okay....feel like kicking my co-workers a@@. She snitched on me about my internet usage :angry: She's just mad cuz I won't tell her I'm pregnant...none of her damn business.

Timeline
:hehe:

So I have a serious question for e/one.

As things have moved and stalled and moved again, and thru all the issues, drama, tears, fights, pain and all... Im sure we all have similar stories and trials. Question is.. would you do it all over again? Or, knowing what you know now, would you run like hell.

Im sometimes 50/50 on this. I love my husband, but getting to where we are (and we arent even there yet) has been a ride- and sometimes downright painfull. I dont regret marrying him! Dont regret loving him.. but sometimes I regret meeting him. Is that bad?

Very good question. I definitely would do it over. I really do love Acory & he proffesses his love to me in more than one way.(I read Steve Harvey book). As Nat stated, I would have taken less trips & saved money.

I do admit, it gets trying @ times, but I'm confident it will work. Communication is key!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.