8 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

I was looking at different sections in VJ and realized that Vermont service center is slower than California in general. There was a posting here while ago from Gary and Alla.He could talk to someone inside VSC and said they lost some of their officers in 2008 and that is why they were slow.They hired new forces and expect to catch up soon.I don't know if VJ is a good sample of all applicants to compare VSC with CSC but it looks that VSC is going backwards again and obviously what they got was not enough .They are still in their 6 months frame but this 6 month is less than 1-2 months for CSC and more stress for VSC applicants.Does anybody have any idea about why they are so slow other than what I mentioned above and any suggestion if beneficieries can reflect this to someone who can solve or explain the real cause of this chronic problem.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
I was looking at different sections in VJ and realized that Vermont service center is slower than California in general. There was a posting here while ago from Gary and Alla.He could talk to someone inside VSC and said they lost some of their officers in 2008 and that is why they were slow.They hired new forces and expect to catch up soon.I don't know if VJ is a good sample of all applicants to compare VSC with CSC but it looks that VSC is going backwards again and obviously what they got was not enough .They are still in their 6 months frame but this 6 month is less than 1-2 months for CSC and more stress for VSC applicants.Does anybody have any idea about why they are so slow other than what I mentioned above and any suggestion if beneficieries can reflect this to someone who can solve or explain the real cause of this chronic problem.

you should be happy its 6 months , two years back the wait time was 18 months

Filed: Country: South Africa
Timeline

It may say 6 months, but that is not the reality for many of us.

03-03-09 I-751 mailed to VSC

03-06-09 I-751 received at VSC

03-10-09 Check cashed

03-26-09 NOA1 received

03-30-09 Biometrics Appointment Notice

04-03-09 Can 'see' my case online USCIS

04-15-09 Biometrics Date ~ completed successfully in Atlanta

04-16-09 Touched

07-13-09 Waiting for something, anything...

07-31-09 Received my SECOND biometrics notice ...wth?

08-22-09 Second Biometrics Date ~ completed successfully in Atlanta: picture only this time

08-24-09 Touched

08-25-09 Touched

09-14-09 Received my THIRD biometrics notice

09-26-09 Will try a 'walk-in' in Atlanta ~ successful: picture only, again

09-28-09 Touched

09-29-09 Touched

09-30-09 Third Biometrics Date

12-02-09 Called USCIS: case still being processed

02-08-10 Waiting...

02-19-10 Called USCIS: Completed a service request based on my case being outside processing time

03-05-10 Info Pass scheduled in Atlanta for extension stamp in passport

03-10-10 E-mail received: Card production ordered - I can't believe it, finally! (Time = 1 year & 1 week)

03-23-10 10 Year Green Card Received

02-19-10 Eligible to file N-400

02-28-10 N-400 mailed to Texas

03-04-10 N-400 received in Texas

04-07-10 Biometrics

06-04-10 Service request

07-21-10 Interview & Oath Ceremony same day in Atlanta - Visa Journey over!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
It comes and goes. Not so long ago, VSC was the service center you wanted to go through because it was the quickest. I'm sure it'll come back again.

That's true. When VSC was the good service center to be at I was at CSC. And now that CSC is the good service center to be at I'm at VSC. This system is borked and unfair...I didn't even think it was legal to show preference for some areas of the countries over others, but that's exactly what the design of their system causes to happen. If they were smart (and fair), they would have everyone send apps to the same location, and randomly distribute them to the various service centers based on workload and capacity alone, not base it on geography.

Edited by LvivLovers

Wife's visa journey:

03/19/07: Initial mailing of I-129F.

07/07/11: U.S. Citizenship approved and Oath Ceremony!

MIL's visa journey:

07/26/11: Initial mailing of I-130.

05/22/12: Interview passed!

• 2 weeks later...
why so many bio-metric appointments , really strange :wacko:

According to CNN Weather -

"Record snowfall totals of 30 inches or more will be possible across upstate New York, Vermont, New Hampshire and Maine, Morris said. Very strong winds will combine with the heavy snow to produce dangerous white-out conditions and widespread power outages from Wed to Friday"

So all the guys at VSC will be off from today till Monday i guess....Even the weather is conspiring against us...

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
According to CNN Weather -

"Record snowfall totals of 30 inches or more will be possible across upstate New York, Vermont, New Hampshire and Maine, Morris said. Very strong winds will combine with the heavy snow to produce dangerous white-out conditions and widespread power outages from Wed to Friday"

So all the guys at VSC will be off from today till Monday i guess....Even the weather is conspiring against us...

Nah - they know how to handle snow a lot better then here near Dc :) -

Wiz(USC) and Udella(Cdn & USC!)

Naturalization

02/22/11 - Filed

02/28/11 - NOA

03/28/11 - FP

06/17/11 - status change - scheduled for interview

06/20?/11 - received physical interview letter

07/13/11 - Interview in Fairfax,VA - easiest 10 minutes of my life

07/19/11 - Oath ceremony in Fairfax, VA

Removal of Conditions

12/1/09 - received at VSC

12/2/09 - NOA's for self and daughter

01/12/10 - Biometrics completed

03/15/10 - 10 Green Card Received - self and daughter

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.